Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Ex-NHL player Adam Johnson dies after reportedly suffering neck injury during game

10 minutes ago, jonnyutah said:

When?

He makes contact with an opposing player right before his foot raises up.

Wow. I just saw the hit. There is NO way that was an accident. At the very least he was targeted by that guy. He may not have thought he was gonna kill him but he certainly intended to hit him with a skate 

Despite being 1% of hockey players... 

1 minute ago, jonnyutah said:

The second push off is so obvious. It even literally drives him face first into the ice as he pushes off. 

He should be charged with manslaughter imo, though I don’t know the laws over there in Europe (or anywhere, for that matter 😛 ). They’ve probably got something similar though, essentially killing someone through a reckless act

20 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Wow. I just saw the hit. There is NO way that was an accident. At the very least he was targeted by that guy. He may not have thought he was gonna kill him but he certainly intended to hit him with a skate 

Involuntary manslaughter. Which should be the same as murder.

I don' know much about hockey, but watching the video IMO he intentionally tried to kick Johnson. Probably just didn't expect to kill him. 

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/nation-world/man-arrested-in-england-for-death-of-minnesota-native-hockey-player-adam-johnson/89-de0eecc3-4ea4-46e4-bc29-b74cb86608d5?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&tag1=kxtvshare&fbclid=IwAR0xMW0-afXog0795p7-JiUsEkpZ1ZialJrdzOoifX3taiYXFEt9z8zhSPY

This is interesting. 

SHEFFIELD, UK — Police in England arrested a man Tuesday in connection to the death of Adam Johnson, a former University of Minnesota-Duluth men's hockey player and Hibbing native, who died after getting his neck cut from a skate during a hockey game in England.

The South York Police Department said the man was arrested on "suspicion of manslaughter."

29 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/nation-world/man-arrested-in-england-for-death-of-minnesota-native-hockey-player-adam-johnson/89-de0eecc3-4ea4-46e4-bc29-b74cb86608d5?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&tag1=kxtvshare&fbclid=IwAR0xMW0-afXog0795p7-JiUsEkpZ1ZialJrdzOoifX3taiYXFEt9z8zhSPY

This is interesting. 

SHEFFIELD, UK — Police in England arrested a man Tuesday in connection to the death of Adam Johnson, a former University of Minnesota-Duluth men's hockey player and Hibbing native, who died after getting his neck cut from a skate during a hockey game in England.

The South York Police Department said the man was arrested on "suspicion of manslaughter."

Interesting. I don’t know why they don’t just say who it is (maybe they don’t do that in England?) but it pretty much has to be the guy that kicked him, right?

4 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Wasn’t a good look over the weekend by the Sheffield fans

I could see that if your assumption is it was a total accident and Petgrave is entirely blameless, so you’d want to show your support so he doesn’t feel like a villain.

But yeah, then he gets arrested for manslaughter and it looks a lot worse.

Enjoy that standing O. The cops charged him with manslaughter today. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Enjoy that standing O. The cops charged him with manslaughter today. 

Link?  I've seen "arrested", but haven't seen "charged." 

Apparently UK makes an arrest just to bring people in for questioning, before deciding on charges. 

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Interesting. I don’t know why they don’t just say who it is (maybe they don’t do that in England?) but it pretty much has to be the guy that kicked him, right?

I would think so. At first I thought maybe it was someone who had it out for Adam and told the dude to kick him, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. 

I watched the video, and the guy KICKS him. It's not an accident, IMO. 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

Oh it's definitely him. I was just saying it only says "arrested" not "charged" ... to Americans there's usually no difference as they happen together. But apparently that's not the case in UK.

:dunno: