Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

*** Happy Football Day Week 12***

Just now, edjr said:

The MVP of the league is QB, why wouldn’t they be favored?

It's a good point, especially, if you care about stats.

:thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, edjr said:

The MVP of the league is QB, why wouldn’t they be favored?

And the runner up is the RB. 

San Fran by 20.

NFL is so inconsistent, AJ Brown & Keenan Allen had the exact same fumble, called 2 different ways.

11 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

I sure hope the Pats don’t get Maye.  I intend to become a fan of whatever team he plays for, but there is no way I can cheer for the Patriots.

Who are you currently a fan of ?

8 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Who are you currently a fan of ?

Colts.  Sorta.

12 hours ago, Reality said:

9ers -1 next week in Philly, interesting. Not sure I agree.

-2.5 now, :unsure:

49ers won (bonus vs he seahags).

i won all FF games... clinched top seed in FFPC ($2k before playoffs start)

good week. would have been nice for buf to finish off philly

16 hours ago, Reality said:

NFL is so inconsistent, AJ Brown & Keenan Allen had the exact same fumble, called 2 different ways.

because instant replay in the end, sucks. too many times it is a judgement call by the ref in the that particular stadium.

AJ Brown definitely did not catch and fumble. He was bobbling the ball right as his second foot hit and hadn’t made a football move before it was jarred loose.

Refs were trash in Bills game.  That said Bills still had opportunities to win the game and refused to get it done yet again. 

Hard to believe people are still complaining about the refs at this point. It’s like getting mad at the weather. 

52 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Refs were trash in Bills game.  That said Bills still had opportunities to win the game and refused to get it done yet again. 

I saw the Eagles get away with a DPI on a drive Buffalo scored on anyway. The non call on the horse collar tackle was a good no call IMO. Graham didn’t drag him down by the back of the pads. Bills benefitted from a very ticky tak roughing call and 2 Kelce false starts. 

Overall I didn’t think the refs were much of a factor in the game, as compared to most other weeks.

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

I saw the Eagles get away with a DPI on a drive Buffalo scored on anyway. The non call on the horse collar tackle was a good no call IMO. Graham didn’t drag him down by the back of the pads. Bills benefitted from a very ticky tak roughing call and 2 Kelce false starts. 

Overall I didn’t think the refs were much of a factor in the game, as compared to most other weeks.

Oh, so the false starts on Kelce weren’t legit? 

Tardcore really trying to get my attention lately.

She must be ronery. 😂 

Just now, MDC said:

Tardcore really trying to get my attention lately.

She must be ronery. 😂 

It seems that way but I only address you when you say stupid shitt. Stop saying stupid shitt so much. 

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

That wasn't a non-call, they called intentional grounding on a play where Allen got horse collared, outside of the pocket, while there was a receiver in the area. That was a brutal call that cost Buffalo points. It's was pretty stunning to watch.

I don't really want to get in the weeds since I don't give a shlt if Buffalo wins or loses but, that was horrible. Potentially cost Buffalo the game.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MDC said:

Any ref or person in the NFL says that was a horse collar.   Then on top they throw an intential grounding instead.  Yeah Josh was trying to just get rid of it like any other QB.  There was a WR within a yard or 2 of the ball.  Was it a realistic completion, no.  But lets see the game called the same in other instances.  

The blatant helmet to helmet?   

I was drunk I probably forgot half of them.  The refs were pretty bad.  But like I said the Bills did thenselves no favors and lost the game.  

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

That wasn't a non-call, they called intentional grounding on a play where Allen got horse collared, outside of the pocket, while there was a receiver in the area. That was a brutal call that cost Buffalo points. It's was pretty stunning to watch.

I don't really want to get in the weeds since I don't give a shlt if Buffalo wins or loses but, that was horrible. Potentially cost Buffalo the game.

Allen got ripped down by the front of his jersey - Reddick had his hand on Allen’s shoulder but it wasn’t hooked either in his pads or above the name plate on his back. The ball also didn’t get back to the LOS and wasn’t thrown in the vicinity of any receiver while Allen was about a foot from the ground.

Refs got that one right but the fans will cry anyway.

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Any ref or person in the NFL says that was a horse collar.   Then on top they throw an intential grounding instead.  Yeah Josh was trying to just get rid of it like any other QB.  There was a WR within a yard or 2 of the ball.  Was it a realistic completion, no.  But lets see the game called the same in other instances.  

The blatant helmet to helmet?   

I was drunk I probably forgot half of them.  The refs were pretty bad.  But like I said the Bills did thenselves no favors and lost the game.  

“It is a foul for intentional grounding if a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage because of pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion. A realistic chance of completion is defined as a pass that is thrown in the direction of and lands in the vicinity of an originally eligible receiver.”

Re-watch the play. Allen was inches from the turf when he threw that “pass.”

Refs got it right. :pointstosky: 

They seem to be calling grounding quite a bit more these days.

I think it’s to somewhat counterbalance the fact that you can’t actually hit a QB anymore

40 minutes ago, MDC said:

Allen got ripped down by the front of his jersey - Reddick had his hand on Allen’s shoulder but it wasn’t hooked either in his pads or above the name plate on his back. The ball also didn’t get back to the LOS and wasn’t thrown in the vicinity of any receiver while Allen was about a foot from the ground.

Davis was clearly in the vicinity, are you sure you saw the play we're talking about?

The horse collar was blatant, here's a nice video for ya.

Gabe Davis with the lookout block. More concerned with getting out in the pattern instead of the job that’s right in front of him. Edit: it looks like Kincaid should have at least chipped him too. 

9 minutes ago, Reality said:

Davis was clearly in the vicinity, are you sure you saw the play we're talking about?

The horse collar was blatant, here's a nice video for ya.

I’ve seen it. Reddick didn’t grab Allen by the back collar of his shoulder pads or jersey above the name plate and that throw didn’t have a “realistic chance of completion.” Good no call. 👍🏻 

Allen was awesome yesterday but I laughed when he complained that his jersey got ripped. 😂 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Gabe Davis with the lookout block. More concerned with getting out in the pattern instead of the job that’s right in front of him. Edit: it looks like Kincaid should have at least chipped him too. 

Reddick is an absolute stud, that was terrible play design either way. Don't think I'd ever want my wideout matched up with him.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I’ve seen it. Reddick didn’t grab Allen by the back collar of his shoulder pads or jersey above the name plate and that throw didn’t have a “realistic chance of completion.” Good no call. 👍🏻 

Allen was awesome yesterday but I laughed when he complained that his jersey got ripped. 😂 

If you cant see the defenders right hand inside the back of the pads then younare blind.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Lol, he definitely grabbed the back collar and used it to help him pull Allen down. :doh:

Just now, Reality said:

Lol, he definitely grabbed the back collar and used it to help him pull Allen down. :doh:

I didn’t see it. Keep crying though. :pointstosky: 

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Reddick is an absolute stud, that was terrible play design either way. Don't think I'd ever want my wideout matched up with him.

Yeah. Philly D has not looked good this year though. They make plays but you can throw all over them. 

All the eagles have to do is split the next two, SF and Dallas, and HFA is theirs. Can’t see them losing to anyone else on the schedule. Barring injury to a key player like Hurts or Brown of course. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

All the eagles have to do is split the next two, SF and Dallas, and HFA is theirs. Can’t see them losing to anyone else on the schedule. Barring injury to a key player like Hurts or Brown of course. 

I tend to agree, they did lose to a Zack Wilson led Jets team though, so who knows. 

Says a lot about the league, probably a good year for a non-QB to win the MVP since nobody really stands out.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground.

You clearly don't know the rule, because what you described is a horse collar tackle.

3 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground.

You clearly don't know the rule, because what you described is a horse collar tackle.

Lol this guy. I’m sure you knew the rule verbatim yesterday at 4.  Nice job on the google.  

4 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

You know that the “name plate” is the player’s name on the back of their jersey, right? :doh: 

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

You know that the “name plate” is the player’s name on the back of their jersey, right? :doh: 

Still a horse collar tackle.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hard to believe people are still complaining about the refs at this point. It’s like getting mad at the weather. 

living in the north east and complaining when it snows :doh:

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

I thought it was to help let you know what cubicle to deliver the coffee?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

I thought it was to help let you know what cubicle to deliver the coffee?

:lol: zing!