Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

FSU got hosed

May I remind you all about Cincinnati being in the playoff a while back? FSU got hosed, period. Penalized because of one injury and the SEC hive mind. College Football has turned into a bigger joke than the NBA.

6 minutes ago, Fnord said:

May I remind you all about Cincinnati being in the playoff a while back? FSU got hosed, period. Penalized because of one injury and the SEC hive mind. College Football has turned into a bigger joke than the NBA.

Exactly. It's all money baby!!

9 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Great point, Cinncy didnt belong in there either.  

I was happy that they seemed to figure it out, and did not include the Seminoles.    Had they allowed them in, this year, we get another boring beat down.  

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I was happy that they seemed to figure it out, and did not include the Seminoles.    Had they allowed them in, this year, we get another boring beat down.  

Then do away with rankings, conference championship games, and P5 conferences all together. Since they mean absolutely nothing. Then at the end of the year let a committee pick 4 random teams based off the eye test. No more qualifiers like W/l record. No need for a conference championship game. And most definitely no need for rankings. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

But everyone thought that about TCU last year, and they won their opener.  So that point is dumb

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Then do away with rankings, conference championship games, and P5 conferences all together. Since they mean absolutely nothing. Then at the end of the year let a committee pick 4 random teams based off the eye test. No more qualifiers like W/l record. No need for a conference championship game. And most definitely no need for rankings. :dunno:

Yup...Georgia or Alabama should just opt out of that game in subsequent years.   Georgia had no reason to play it.  They could only lose because of it.

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

They beat up #1 Georgia, the best team all season, the back to back defending National Champion. The early season loss means nothing. 

You can't go by record. Use your eyeballs. Alabama would smoke FSU, they're just that much better. 

Georgia was soft this year compared to the last couple and mentioned it on here and why I bet on Bama. Point is FSU deserved to be in it regardless if they will get killed. If it was the NFL they would be in cause that is the way it should be. Teams are going to keep get screwed unless they expand the playoffs.

You can tell the SEC fans. If they were honest about this they'd say Ohio State belongs in over Texas and Alabama. 

Ohio State had the #1 SOS. Only loss is to #1 Michigan. Since conference champ means nothing, Ohio State should be in.

57 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I promise you that Georgia is going to annihilate FSU. When that happens, will you change your tune? 

And if FSU beats Georgia I'll gladly admit that I was way wrong. 

It doesn’t matter what YOU think will happen.  Also players will sit out non playoff bowl games for the draft.  Players will enter the portal and leave before non playoff games. 

This isn’t gymnastics or figure skating where the “eye test” determines winners.  

11 minutes ago, crackattack said:

You can tell the SEC fans. If they were honest about this they'd say Ohio State belongs in over Texas and Alabama. 

Ohio State had the #1 SOS. Only loss is to #1 Michigan. Since conference champ means nothing, Ohio State should be in.

Definitely over Texas.  Oh but wait!! They won their championship so they should be in.

This whole eye test thing is hypocritical and stupid.

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Definitely over Texas.  Oh but wait!! They won their championship so they should be in.

This whole eye test thing is hypocritical and stupid.

Agree 100%.

18 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Yup...Georgia or Alabama should just opt out of that game in subsequent years.   Georgia had no reason to play it.  They could only lose because of it.

Yep. If I'm Michigan and Ohio State I'd change the schedule to play each other first game of the year. Again, since league champ means nothing, neither does going unbeaten, get that one loss out of the way. Then you have all season to move back up.

11 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

It doesn’t matter what YOU think will happen.  Also players will sit out non playoff bowl games for the draft.  Players will enter the portal and leave before non playoff games. 

This isn’t gymnastics or figure skating where the “eye test” determines winners.  

This guy gets it 👍

31 minutes ago, crackattack said:

I think we need not do that, the expansion next year will allow teams like FSu to be in the party, get their butts kicked, and then move on.

30 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

But everyone thought that about TCU last year, and they won their opener.  So that point is dumb

I see we wiill not likely agree on this point, I think some of your points have merit. 

10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think we need not do that, the expansion next year will allow teams like FSu to be in the party, get their butts kicked, and then move on.

But you understand this year. They could possibly have a P5 unbeaten conference champ win their bowl game and NOT be a national champ. That's unheard of. 

Look. The BCS set up the rules. The 3 big rules are this:

1. Be a P5 school.

2. Go unbeaten.

3. Win your conference 

FSU did all that and didn't get a shot at competing. They had the 11th SOS in the country. 10th toughest if you use Sagarin rankings. They were left out because of their QB situation. It's that simple.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/season-sos-by-other&ved=2ahUKEwjM-fyOy_aCAxUoAHkGHRzJBEEQFnoECBkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2SEjcfj1rkXuK_kvXmErbw

19 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Like Alabama did? 

But you understand this year. They could possibly have a P5 unbeaten conference champ win their bowl game and NOT be a national champ. That's unheard of. 

1. Be a P5 school.

2. Go unbeaten.

3. Win your conference 

FSU did all that and didn't get a shot at competing. They had the 11th SOS in the country. 10th toughest if you use Sagarin rankings. They were left out because of their QB situation. It's that simple.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/season-sos-by-other&ved=2ahUKEwjM-fyOy_aCAxUoAHkGHRzJBEEQFnoECBkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2SEjcfj1rkXuK_kvXmErbw

And let's be honest...Michigan Vs. Alabama on new years day is a ratings monster!!!!

Not so much Michigan VS FSU.

they got screwed because of the $$.  Plain and simple.   No other explanation is warranted here.

Just now, supermike80 said:

And let's be honest...Michigan Vs. Alabama on new years day is a ratings monster!!!!

Not so much Michigan VS FSU

That's exactly what it is!!

14 minutes ago, crackattack said:

1. Be a P5 school.

2. Go unbeaten.

3. Win your conference 

You do know the BCS hasn't been around for 10 years now, right?

1 minute ago, BiffTannen said:

You do know the BCS hasn't been around for 10 years now, right?

I still call it that 🤣. I like the sound of it better then CFP or whatever. I think everyone understands the point being made though :dunno:. Maybe not.

4 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Should Georgia be in over Texas as well?  

I believe so. IMO Georgia is a top 4 team. But I get it. Now they'll smoke FSU 48-10 and everyone will shut the F up. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

I believe so. IMO Georgia is a top 4 team. But I get it. Now they'll smoke FSU 48-10 and everyone will shut the F up. 

Nope...Doesn't count..meaningless game.

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

If I was FSU AD and coaches. I'd play all 3rd stringers and walk-ons just for the bowl money. Fock em. 

8 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

It doesn't matter what you call it or where you play it. Georgia would smoke FSU on the moon, Mars, Earth or in another galaxy. 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

It doesn't matter what you call it or where you play it. Georgia would smoke FSU on the moon, Mars, Earth or in another galaxy. 

So why play?  What's the point?  Your eye test has already determined the winner.  Is that the next step in this stupidity?  Games called before they are even played because one team just looks better.

21 hours ago, supermike80 said:

What a joke. Undefeated.  With best qb out. And Alabama gets in.  After an Auburn hail mary?

Bs man. I feel for FSU fans

I forget if you are a Mich or MSU guy, but i will ask this assuming wolverine fan:

Who would you have rather faced.. FSU or Bama?

2 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

I forget if you are a Mich or MSU guy, but i will ask this assuming wolverine fan:

Who would you have rather faced.. FSU or Bama?

I'm a Sparty.  I don't care whether Michigan wins or loses at this point.  But I believe Alabama will give them the tougher game.

I also think OSU would give them a tougher game, over FSU.  Same with Georgia.  

I don't think Michigan is all that.  their schedule blew.

1 hour ago, crackattack said:

1. Be a P5 school.

2. Go unbeaten.

3. Win your conference 

This was a key reason, and a solid one, I am satisfied.... as I anticipate a more competitive game. 

1 hour ago, crackattack said:

Like Alabama did? 

Yep

28 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

So why play?  What's the point?  Your eye test has already determined the winner.  Is that the next step in this stupidity?  Games called before they are even played because one team just looks better.

What's this tell you?

• Spread: Georgia (-13.5)
  • Moneyline: Georgia (-700); Florida State (+500)
  • Over/under: 45.5

Just now, League Champion said:

What's this tell you?

• Spread: Georgia (-13.5)
  • Moneyline: Georgia (-700); Florida State (+500)
  • Over/under: 45.5

Tells me they shouldn't play.  Game is already decided.  Why put these poor kids at risk?  They're just kids.   

"Eye test" says Georgia won

The committee is told to take "the four best."   That's all.  

Vegas would completely agree with the committee. I didn't look at what the futures bets to win the Title were, but I guarantee Florida State was not in the top 5. Probably more like 8th best after Texas.

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Tells me they shouldn't play.  

It tells you that Georgia is far superior. This blows up your argument that FSU is a better, more deserving team.

If FSU is a top 4 team then they should handle Georgia rather easily, no? 

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This was a key reason, and a solid one, I am satisfied.... as I anticipate a more competitive game. 

So now we have injuries as a disqualifying way to keep teams out? 🤣

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

It tells you that Georgia is far superior. This blows up your argument that FSU is a better, more deserving team.

If FSU is a top 4 team then they should handle Georgia rather easily, no? 

That's not my reasoning and never has been  They won their conference, went undefeated, and played some decent teams.   They should be in for that reason.  Simple.

So now we have injuries as a disqualifying way to keep teams out? 🤣

Sure do