Ron_Artest

This economy is so bad

On 3/29/2024 at 3:14 PM, BeachGuy23 said:

Ask yourself this genius, is consumer spending UP during bad economic times?

:doh:

On 3/21/2024 at 7:28 AM, Jose M said:

The Fed's raising interest rates are part of a long-standing monetary practice with a simple goal. By making it more expensive to borrow money, whether through loans, credit cards or other financial tools, people and businesses will spend less and inflation will fall to a desirable level.

Some desperado posters need to take a class or two in finance.  The federales are already getting skittish to start rate cuts in June.   Spend it like you don't have it!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump predicted the markets would crash if he lost.

The major banks predicted we’d be in a recession at this point.

Who was more wrong? Discuss 

9 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Trump predicted the markets would crash if he lost.

The major banks predicted we’d be in a recession at this point.

Who was more wrong? Discuss 

Now do what was predicted when he won. Go! 

If we can pretend, for a moment, that the experiences of millions of lower income folks are not real.....then it would seem that the Democrats have a messaging problem.  Then what is the plan to help these people understand that their lived experiences are not real?

We have retards here saying this is the worst economy peopl have ever seen, but they just repeat the lies they are told.

It does seem like the White House has reached some level of understanding that gaslighting people isn’t working.

For many of these lower income people this is certainly the worst economy of their lifetime, no doubt.

trying to convince them they aren’t living what they are living should give way to an apology, which could go a long way to harvesting their votes…..if they get re elected they can then of course ah1t all over those people more

I'm just so glad for all these lower class people that they are now working when they weren't working during the Trump recession.  The all know what Biden did to get them their jobs back after coming out of the worst job prospects they've ever seen.

Now if Biden can fix Trump's tax cuts for the rich that damaged them so much then they will really be doing well.

16 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

I'm just so glad for all these lower class people that they are now working when they weren't working during the Trump recession.  The all know what Biden did to get them their jobs back after coming out of the worst job prospects they've ever seen.

Now if Biden can fix Trump's tax cuts for the rich that damaged them so much then they will really be doing well.

The unemployment rate was 3.7 last year. It was 3.6 in 2019. 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The unemployment rate was 3.7 last year. It was 3.6 in 2019. 

Refuses to talk about 2020 🤣

• Haha 1

303k jobs added March.

This economy is quite literally the greatest of our lifetime.

Wages up everywhere.

Trumpflation defeated.

Jobs for everyone.

Record domestic energy production.

Markets at all time highs.

Amazing job Joe!

:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

303k jobs added March.

This economy is quite literally the greatest of our lifetime.

Wages up everywhere.

Trumpflation defeated.

Jobs for everyone.

Record domestic energy production.

Markets at all time highs.

Amazing job Joe!

:thumbsup:

:doublethumbsup:   Want to put this on some billboards?   We need to get this information out there brother.....everyone needs to be told this. 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

:doublethumbsup:   Want to put this on some billboards?   We need to get this information out there brother.....everyone needs to be told this. 

Why don’t you think the jobs added, exceeding all expectations, is good news? 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Depends on the jobs and who they go to. Have a breakdown? It ain’t from the chips act.  

Tell me about these jobs which were added.  Are the service industry jobs or manufacturing or agricultural jobs?  Are these in heavy industry or raw material extractive jobs or are they minimum wage barristas?  How many are paid canvassers of the Biden and Trump campaigns, not to mention congressional campaigns?  How many are DEI experts, meaning grifters? Are they full time and permanent or part time and temporary?

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

Tell me about these jobs which were added.  Are the service industry jobs or manufacturing or agricultural jobs?  Are these in heavy industry or raw material extractive jobs or are they minimum wage barristas?  How many are paid canvassers of the Biden and Trump campaigns, not to mention congressional campaigns?  How many are DEI experts, meaning grifters? Are they full time and permanent or part time and temporary?

Weird no one asked these questions when cultist were gushing about Trump's job reports...SMH

And the jobs created are all the best jobs.  Only the best jobs.

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Depends on the jobs and who they go to. Have a breakdown? It ain’t from the chips act.  

Actually I do: 

Health care 73,000

Government  71,000

Hospitality 50,000

Construction 40,000

Go ahead and pick it apart if you want. Seems pretty good though. Expectations were 200,000 and it turned out to be 300,000

14 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Weird no one asked these questions when cultist were gushing about Trump's job reports...SMH

Seems someone would have asked.  I will say that even now Trump is having a substantial effect on the employment rate for lawyers. It will be interesting to see whether they actually get paid.

10 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

To be fair Democrats asked these questions. That’s the thing about great job reports: the President takes credit and the other party looks for ways to pick them apart. My own belief is that (a) Presidents have very little to do with it one way or another and (b) good news is good news. 

17 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Seems someone would have asked.  I will say that even now Trump is having a substantial effect on the employment rate for lawyers. It will be interesting to see whether they actually get paid.

MAGA 

Make Attorneys Get Attorneys   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Adding jobs is always good news, not to the Fed of course, but we absolutely want people employed.  Then again, inflation creates what is called the working poor....so that is less great....

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

:headbanger:

Best part....Biden is saying that sh!t out loud.  He is focking fantastic...

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

:headbanger:

Best part....Biden is saying that sh!t out loud.  He is focking fantastic...

This is the weirdest schtick you have going, 

I guess you want the government to do a bunch to help out the little guy. I agree let’s get some folks in charge who can make that happen.

38 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

This is the weirdest schtick you have going, 

I guess you want the government to do a bunch to help out the little guy. I agree let’s get some folks in charge who can make that happen.

The little guy is being disproportionately harmed, the wealthy are enjoying this economy.

The more you all drive statistics at them to tell them they are wrong, the less they will vote Democrat......this insistence to gaslight these people is ensuring my preferred candidate is being bolstered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The little guy is being disproportionately harmed, the wealthy are enjoying this economy.

The more you all drive statistics at them to tell them they are wrong, the less they will vote Democrat......this insistence to gaslight these people is ensuring my preferred candidate is being bolstered.

Right we should hope for bad numbers.

This isn’t gaslighting.

It’s highlighting strengths and that things are going terribly coming out of a global shutdown where the US just created like 20% of their money out of thin air and handed it out.

If team Bidem wants to go hope and working man they have plenty of time to do this as the election picks up. Trump sounds absurd talking about the economy being terrible.

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

Right we should hope for bad numbers.

This isn’t gaslighting.

It’s highlighting strengths and that things are going terribly coming out of a global shutdown where the US just created like 20% of their money out of thin air and handed it out.

If team Bidem wants to go hope and working man they have plenty of time to do this as the election picks up. Trump sounds absurd talking about the economy being terrible.

You misrepresent me.....this has been thematic today....🤔

People are struggling today.   Throwing out economic numbers....which by the way disproportionately benefit the affluent....and insisting that everything is great.....is p!ssing those people off....and those people are asserting (through polling) that they will not vote for Biden.

Its not about celebrating bad numbers, its about gaslighting....and that is exactly what Biden has done since entering office....he did it with Inflation....the border....and the economy.... he is a liar, and they can see it.

SO yeah, every lie he tells now is just helping him to be bounced....

Just now, RLLD said:

You misrepresent me.....this has been thematic today....🤔

People are struggling today.   Throwing out economic numbers....which by the way disproportionately benefit the affluent....and insisting that everything is great.....is p!ssing those people off....and those people are asserting (through polling) that they will not vote for Biden.

Its not about celebrating bad numbers, its about gaslighting....and that is exactly what Biden has done since entering office....he did it with Inflation....the border....and the economy.... he is a liar, and they can see it.

SO yeah, every lie he tells now is just helping him to be bounced....

I get what you are saying you repeat it all the time. It’s a messaging thing. Hes not great at this. A Bill Clinton would be running away with this election. Would be an 85 Bears type win.

The economy is doing very well all things considered, yes it isn’t great for poor people. Unwinding this will be very challenging. I’d argue the GOP way to do that isn’t going to be great. 

Groceries closing in on a 40 pct increase since 2019 

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I get what you are saying you repeat it all the time. It’s a messaging thing. Hes not great at this. A Bill Clinton would be running away with this election. Would be an 85 Bears type win.

The economy is doing very well all things considered, yes it isn’t great for poor people. Unwinding this will be very challenging. I’d argue the GOP way to do that isn’t going to be great. 

Y'know.... I think you are correct.  I think Clinton was a different communicator, and Obama was probably the best communicator as President I have ever seen.  Joe is not strong in this area.....

I think there is some merit that he is not very good at messaging.

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Y'know.... I think you are correct.  I think Clinton was a different communicator, and Obama was probably the best communicator as President I have ever seen.  Joe is not strong in this area.....

I think there is some merit that he is not very good at messaging.

I feel your pain, that type of shet. I do think this will come. 

It’s hard to breakdown inflation and say well it could be worse, Biden def isn’t the guy to do this. But considering where we are and what we went though things are going well. 

On 3/27/2024 at 6:42 AM, BeachGuy23 said:

But yet you blame Biden for inflation that occured in the first months of his presidency where it's impossible for a president to impact inflation before at least 6 months.

SAD

The inflation rate in January 2021 was 1.4%. https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_inflation_rate

Biden was the cause of inflation, look at the charts.

8 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The inflation rate in January 2021 was 1.4%. https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_inflation_rate

Biden was the cause of inflation, look at the charts.

1.68% in February

2.62% in March

4.16% in April

4.99% in May

5.39% in June

Please aware me boyo how Biden caused inflation to triple from Jan to June.  What policy rippled through the US economy impacting inflation so bigly?

If you say it's his late march covid bill I'll remind you that Trump signed another $900B covid bill in December 2020 on top of the $1.9T he signed in April 2020.

Aware me boyo how Biden tripled inflation.  I'm all ears.

18 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I feel your pain, that type of shet. I do think this will come. 

It’s hard to breakdown inflation and say well it could be worse, Biden def isn’t the guy to do this. But considering where we are and what we went though things are going well. 

In reality, the Fed is almost always fighting to increase unemployment.   So when they are "fighting" inflation, part of the "success" is observing employment being hurt..... so if we are to believe that unemployment is improving....and I do not consent that it is since these people lie profusely...and later correct the numbers... then something else might be afoot...

I think...it could be true that the infusion of low cost labor in the form of illegal immigration is confounding the Fed just a little.

12 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

1.68% in February

2.62% in March

4.16% in April

4.99% in May

5.39% in June

Please aware me boyo how Biden caused inflation to triple from Jan to June.  What policy rippled through the US economy impacting inflation so bigly?

If you say it's his late march covid bill I'll remind you that Trump signed another $900B covid bill in December 2020 on top of the $1.9T he signed in April 2020.

12 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

1.68% in February

2.62% in March

4.16% in April

4.99% in May

5.39% in June

Biden signed over 70 EOs in his first 90 days this plus his massive spending bills created inflation. Thanks for showing the stats.

20 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

1.68% in February

2.62% in March

4.16% in April

4.99% in May

5.39% in June

Wow. I didn’t realize it was that bad, month after month of increases. Thanks for posting that. 

18 minutes ago, RLLD said:

In reality, the Fed is almost always fighting to increase unemployment.   So when they are "fighting" inflation, part of the "success" is observing employment being hurt..... so if we are to believe that unemployment is improving....and I do not consent that it is since these people lie profusely...and later correct the numbers... then something else might be afoot...

I think...it could be true that the infusion of low cost labor in the form of illegal immigration is confounding the Fed just a little.

There’s always something. 

13 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Biden signed over 70 EOs in his first 90 days this plus his massive spending bills created inflation. Thanks for showing the stats.

You think signing EOs creates instant inflation?  Biden spent far far far less than Trump.  And Trump's spending actually worked through the economy and created inflation boyo.  Not to mention the supply chains that were destroyed under Trump.

Anyone who blames Biden for inflation is a freaking moron.