Ron_Artest

This economy is so bad

22 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Its about inflation, which has a magnifying impact as you work into the lower economic strata.  To oversimplify, while impacting all....its does not impact equally.  Those in the middle class and above react by delaying large purchases, vacations and eat out less often....by way of example...... but for the lower classes its markedly different....  you dont buy milk this week, or bread or other minimum staples.....  your life, which was not easy to being with, becomes just miserable.... especially as you maybe watch your family suffer.

The impact of this inflation is just brutal to lower classes.....FAR more harmful than almost anything else you can do to them.....

The inflation rate during 2008 was much lower at 3.84% far less harmful than the8.5% which has been true for the last couple of years. The actions taken by the Federal Reserve are different now than they were in 2008. The Fed cut interest rates from 5.25% in Sept. 2007 to 2% in April 2008 to pump the economy....   right now they are raiing them...... the impacts are not equal across all socioecomic strata

Now the Federal Reserve is raising interest rates to cool the economy and help bring down inflationy and have raised the rate and more increases are expected. Economic performance today best mirrors what folks across the country went through in the 1970s.  The recession started as inflation climbed to over 5% and in response, the Federal Reserve raised interest rates to cool the economy just like the U.S. is seeing today.

The 2008 crisis was institutions failing or being bailed out as those losses became apparent. This time around, the root problem isn't bad loans. Rather, the Fed's rapid tightening has created paper losses for banks that made loans or bought long-term bonds when rates were much lower.

2008 was destruction at every level, today is the focused destruction of the lower classes, and its far worse for them today than it was in 2008

So the inflation rate is higher, therefore the economy is worse because that is the sole indicator by which you’re making this claim.

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

So the inflation rate is higher, therefore the economy is worse because that is the sole indicator by which you’re making this claim.

Nope, "the economy" is actually not all that bad if you are affluent.....this harm is disproportionate to the lower classes.

Is there ever an economy that is good for poor people?  I mean you're poor, so you're struggling.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Is there ever an economy that is good for poor people?  I mean you're poor, so you're struggling.

Well, you’re very concerned about all those poor people losing it all on Trumps stock. What exactly are they losing? They’re poor, right? Yet somehow they have a brokerage account. 🤡💯

14 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Nope, "the economy" is actually not all that bad if you are affluent.....this harm is disproportionate to the lower classes.

So the lone reason you think the economy today is worse for the poors than in 2008 is inflation? No other indicators matter?

Just now, MDC said:

So the lone reason you think the economy today is worse for the poors than in 2008 is inflation? No other indicators matter?

We can include all metrics, as many as you like, but based on the harvested responses from these people....yes, its inflation that is crushing them.

Just now, RLLD said:

We can include all metrics, as many as you like, but based on the harvested responses from these people....yes, its inflation that is crushing them.

“Harvested responses” lol

Just now, MDC said:

“Harvested responses” lol

Correct, as already posted from multiple news sources....hell, even MSNBC allowed this evidence on the air waves.....do you realize how bad it must be if MSNBC is allowing this to be reported?

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Yup.  Having a job but having your money not go as far is better than having no job.  RLLD logic!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RLLD said:

Already posted, not my job to bring you along like a kindergartener coming back from recess.and no I will not repost for you, do something today and refute my earlier posts already provided.

Either keep up with the threads or stop crying.....

Here is the thread where I called you out on this “worst economy of the lower classes lifetime” nonsense.

All I see are Trump/Biden comparisons, and a 30 minute video interviewing black people who plan to vote for Trump, to which I responded with actual data showing that blacks actually have their lowest ever poverty rate, among other statistics.

Did you actually post any comparisons to 2008 somewhere else?

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Here is the thread where I called you out on this “worst economy of the lower classes lifetime” nonsense.

All I see are Trump/Biden comparisons, and a 30 minute video interviewing black people who plan to vote for Trump, to which I responded with actual data showing that blacks actually have their lowest ever poverty rate, among other statistics.

Did you actually post any comparisons to 2008 somewhere else?

Thanks for sharing with him, trying to teach people is much more challenging when they wont even do their own research :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Thanks for sharing with him, trying to teach people is much more challenging when they wont even do their own research :thumbsup:

Except I haven’t seen that you ever provided a comparison to 2008…

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Except I haven’t seen that you ever provided a comparison to 2008…

And yet I did, even repeated it today as a matter of fact.  Keep clinging to that element as well, I am intrigued about how you will later deflect it.

IN fact, lets get ahead of it, shall we?    Do you.....today.....accept the economic acumen of Rana Faroorhar? Austan Goolsbey?   Douglas Holtz-Eakan?

I might add a few more names, and please do trot out some of your own.....

Later, as the misery for these people only continues worse than 2008....and even gets worse......I want to have you respond when these folks speak about it. I want you to deflect....pretend....do what ever it takes to ignore people and their harm.  I think it speaks volumes....

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

And yet I did, even repeated it today as a matter of fact.  Keep clinging to that element as well, I am intrigued about how you will later deflect it.

IN fact, lets get ahead of it, shall we?    Do you.....today.....accept the economic acumen of Rana Faroorhar? Austan Goolsbey?   Douglas Holtz-Eakan?

I might add a few more names, and please do trot out some of your own.....

Later, as the misery for these people only continues worse than 2008....and even gets worse......I want to have you respond when these folks speak about it. I want you to deflect....pretend....do what ever it takes to ignore people and their harm.  I think it speaks volumes....

Those folks all said this is the worst economy of the lower classes’ lifetime?

You repeated your opinion today, you did not provide any evidence for the above ridiculous statement.

So in conclusion, the Biden economy flat out sucks. 

Here's to hoping we get Trump back in office next year. 

Libtards don’t get it that inflation is one of the worst things to happen to the lower class economically.  2008 and the ensuing years was a cakewalk for them compared to the last three. 

5 minutes ago, double tour said:

So in conclusion, the Biden economy flat out sucks. 

Here's to hoping we get Trump back in office next year. 

Pedocrats are scared to death. Biden only wins if they cheat again or if they get Trump on some BS legal crap. Otherwise Trump is going to curb stomp Biden. People are fed up. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Pedocrats are scared to death. Biden only wins if they cheat again or if they get Trump on some BS legal crap. Otherwise Trump is going to curb stomp Biden. People are fed up. 

Some of them still think Biden got 81 million legit votes. It’s comical at this point. Trump got 74 million last time and that scares the shitt out of them. They know those votes are legit. If they thought the 81 million were they would be a lot more confident.  It seems every other day a notable democrat is sounding the alarm. Why? Things are great we are told. 

Lol that the GC doesn’t get that the worst thing that can happen to someone personally as a result of the economy is losing your job and not being able to get a new one.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Lol that the GC doesn’t get that the worst thing that can happen to someone personally as a result of the economy is losing your job and not being able to get a new one.

We’re talking about lower class people here. So no. Fungible jobs are just that. That class switches them all the time and their social benefits remain.  You don’t know what or who you are talking about. Ever hear of unemployment? I also said it’s one of the worst things. Learn to read dipshit. Many of them don’t even have a job to begin with. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Some of them still think Biden got 81 million legit votes

And that he won Georgia 😂 

I spend a lot of time in Georgia. It's Trump Country. There's no chance the Pedo won Georgia. 

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Those folks all said this is the worst economy of the lower classes’ lifetime?

You repeated your opinion today, you did not provide any evidence for the above ridiculous statement.

Well not yet.....they are still defending Biden though.....while they acknowledge people are feeling it, and hurt, only a handful are acknowledging it the worst for them since the 1970's.....but later, I predict these people will be forced into honesty......and I surmise YOU with them.....which is why I want a list of economists YOU look at as credible, because later you cant backpedal.....that is the plan....

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Well not yet.....they are still defending Biden though.....while they acknowledge people are feeling it, and hurt, only a handful are acknowledging it the worst for them since the 1970's.....but later, I predict these people will be forced into honesty......and I surmise YOU with them.....which is why I want a list of economists YOU look at as credible, because later you cant backpedal.....that is the plan....

Are you admitting that “only a handful of people” are saying it is the worst for the lower classes since the 1970s? I’m not sure what you mean by “later.” Yes it’s possible particularly if Biden wins that the economy could ultimately become worse for the lower classes than 2008 but right now it’s not even close.

I realize I may be nitpicking by hanging onto this point but if you can’t admit the absurdity of your statement there’s really no use arguing with you about anything else.

41 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Are you admitting that “only a handful of people” are saying it is the worst for the lower classes since the 1970s? I’m not sure what you mean by “later.” Yes it’s possible particularly if Biden wins that the economy could ultimately become worse for the lower classes than 2008 but right now it’s not even close.

I realize I may be nitpicking by hanging onto this point but if you can’t admit the absurdity of your statement there’s really no use arguing with you about anything else.

Since that was what I posted.....yessss....I am admitting that only a handful of media are saying it, setting the irrelevance of that to the side....."I" remain firmly fixed in my position based on the polling and interviews as well as general reporting on what people are going through; along with the known impacts of inflation of course....

I mean in three to four months......when I say "later"......everything in the markets is pointing to this getting worse yet, and eventually even the media cheerleaders will have to give in and accurately report, as they eventually had to do with the Russian Collusion lie, and the laptop is not real lie.... they cannot hide it forever...

The statement is not absurd, since its accurate.  I get it....you want to pretend it away, but its not going away....and its only getting worse...

Markets have had a bad time of it the last 8 or so days.  Inflation is ticking up.  Gas prices are on the rise. (I mention them in particular as though they are included in genreal inflation they make a big psychological impact as we all drive past stations and see the rise in giant numerals). I was in Home Depot yesterday.  I saw a Kamodo Joe ceramic smoker. Price was $1699.00.  I nearly had a movement.  How could that have risen to that price?  I was shocked.

I took my wife and daughter to dinner Saturday.  I re-evaluated my tipping posture.  I have been in the 25 to 33% range for many years.  I backed it down to 20%.  Also we eat out less now than even a few months ago.  Prices just seem outlandish.

4 hours ago, RLLD said:

Since that was what I posted.....yessss....I am admitting that only a handful of media are saying it, setting the irrelevance of that to the side....."I" remain firmly fixed in my position based on the polling and interviews as well as general reporting on what people are going through; along with the known impacts of inflation of course....

Please provide polling where people said today’s economy is the worst of their lifetime.

Who gives a fock about 2008. You're not going to distract me.

Economy during Trump years was humming (not counting Covid, pretty much every world leader couldn't fix that).

Economy sucks during Biden years. 

VOTE TRUMP 2024!!!!

• Thanks 1

41% of people say they were not better off after 2021.  

50% of people say they were not better off after 2022. 

45% of people say they were not better off after 2023.  

Gallup.  

Invariably ~20% say they are no better or worse. You can do the math.   

7 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Economy sucks during Biden years. 

VOTE TRUMP 2024!!!!

9 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Please provide polling where people said today’s economy is the worst of their lifetime.

As with the other gent, I am not going to repost something over and over, you can search or accept it....I am just not going to keep going back, and pulling these things up for people..

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

As with the other gent, I am not going to repost something over and over, you can search or accept it....I am just not going to keep going back, and pulling these things up for people..

Did you even post polling (not random YouTube interviews) where people said the current economy is the worst of their lifetime though?  I went back and looked at a bunch of what you posted and it was mostly talking about Trump versus Biden.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Did you even post polling (not random YouTube interviews) where people said the current economy is the worst of their lifetime though?  I went back and looked at a bunch of what you posted and it was mostly talking about Trump versus Biden.

I posted from multiple sources, notably at least one from MSNBC.....now I do not presume that you will accept any source.....no amount of evidence or proof will ever move your position, so part of me really does not care too much.....not unlike the President who care nothing for these people, you will find every reason to pretend it away....and that is all fine....   some of us will care, and perhaps enough of us....

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I posted from multiple sources, notably at least one from MSNBC.....now I do not presume that you will accept any source.....no amount of evidence or proof will ever move your position, so part of me really does not care too much.....not unlike the President who care nothing for these people, you will find every reason to pretend it away....and that is all fine....   some of us will care, and perhaps enough of us....

Ray’s standard reply when he makes stuff up and gets called out on it. :thumbsup: 

• Sad 2