cmh6476

Your Playoff Predictions

Lions have beat 3 playoff teams.  

Chiefs all the way back in week 1

The Bucs who arent very good.  

And the Packers.  The youngest team in the league by margin with a 1st year starter at QB before they found their footing.  Then GB handled them on their day at their place.  

Lions are hardly some juggernaut.   

McVey > Campbell. Of all the games I see that as the biggest advantage. 

Ill rank the Lions wins this year.  

1. At Chiefs.  Week 1.  By 1 pt.  

2. At Bucs in mid October.  Only scored 20 but held them to 6.  Panthers just held them to 9.  

3. At Saints.  Beat an ok team at their place. 

4.  At Packers early in year vs the youbgest team in league. 

After those its Vikings with Nick Mullens or ATL in week 3.  

Chiefs lose to Miami and a brokenhearted Swiftie rushes the field and sets herself on fire like a Buddhist monk

11 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

And the Packers.  The youngest team in the league by margin with a 1st year starter at QB before they found their footing.  Then GB handled them on their day at their place.  

I know. I watched them all year. Baltimore exposed them. They're arguably the second best team in the NFC but the secondary is too leaky (although CJGJ returning should help) and pass rush is mediocre unless James Houston returns. Scrambling QBs befuddle them. They're not close to San Francisco IMO.

Their record is based in part on going 8-0 vs the weak teams of the NFC South and AFC West divisions. Then they also got in a funk during the easiest stretch of their schedule when they played tight/poor games and escaped with a 3-2 record vs the Bears (2), Chargers, Packers, and Saints.

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

Chiefs lose to Miami and a brokenhearted Swiftie rushes the field and sets herself on fire like a Buddhist monk

Wouldn't hate this.  

Tua in 5 degrees has me on chiefs.  

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Wild Titans let Vrabel go

Just saw that.  I reached out to a buddy from Tennessee to see what his thoughts are on the firing. 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

I just think it's funny how you say the Bucs "who aren't very good", and simply mention the Packers.  Both have the same record... yet Tampa curb stomped the Packers in Green Bay.  I'd think if someone said Tampa wasn't very good, they'd say something like "the crappy Packers".

1 hour ago, DonS said:

My cousin who is an eternal optimist... and a Dolphins fan, says there is no way that Miami wins in KC.  The Dolphins are without all of their best edge rushers, the DB's are playing hurt... and it shows, Mostert isn't going to play, Waddle is banged up, and Tua's shoulder is banged up.  To note, that's what he told me.

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Its all so easy!  You would make good coin betting.  

Yea I know from betting it's not and some will be right but a few will be wrong.

Dallas is top 5 in defense and offense both at 5. Baltimore and 49ers are not but close to having both. Also Lions give up 247 yards passing, Tampa gives up 248 yards passing and wouldn't surprise me to see both lose this weekend. Lions probably get by this week though.

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Just saw that.  I reached out to a buddy from Tennessee to see what his thoughts are on the firing. 

Probably upset since hes probably a top 5 or so coach.  Not many coaches are plus coaches.   Of course ud like to grab an OC to help the QB but...

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I just think it's funny how you say the Bucs "who aren't very good", and simply mention the Packers.  Both have the same record... yet Tampa curb stomped the Packers in Green Bay.  I'd think if someone said Tampa wasn't very good, they'd say something like "the crappy Packers".

Packers aren't that great either.  They are 7.5 dogs.  Youngest team in league by margin.  They are wishy washy week to week.  

You think the Bucs are good?  They are worse in yards on offense and defense than the Packers. And have a little worse pt differential.   

Arizona beat Dallas.  The Broncos beat the Bills.  

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Probably upset since hes probably a top 5 or so coach.  Not many coaches are plus coaches.   Of course ud like to grab an OC to help the QB but...

Yep.  He's not thrilled. 

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Packers aren't that great either.  They are 7.5 dogs.  Youngest team in league by margin.  They are wishy washy week to week.  

You think the Bucs are good?  They are worse in yards on offense and dedense than the Packers. And have a little worse pt differential.   

Yea it's hard for me seeing Tampa making it through this week.

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

Yea it's hard for me seeing Tampa making it through this week.

I can see Tampa winning.  Just because the Eagles are a hot mess.  If Eagles play anything like they have been they lose.  If they play just ok thry probably will win.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

I can see Tampa winning.  Just because the Eagles are a hot mess.  If Eagles play anything like they have been they lose.  If they play just ok thry probably will win.  

Yea if they was playing anyone else it's almost a sure loss. I still think Eagles win though.

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Yea if they was playing anyone else it's almost a sure loss. I still think Eagles win though.

Hurts' right middle finger popped out.  I know he went back in but on a throwing hand that can't be great.  

It is a weird game.  Eagles fall from grace has been quite abrupt.   I probably won't touch that game.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

You think the Bucs are good?  They are worse in yards on offense and defense than the Packers. And have a little worse pt differential.   

I was just focking with you. :thumbsup:

No, I don't think the Bucs are good... they have Baker Mayfield.  I do think the Bucs are going to beat the Eagles Monday night though, but it's not because I think the Bucs are better.  I think the crap going on in Philly will yield a less than expected product.  The Bucs have nothing going against them.  The team likes where they are and who they have.  Mentally, they're in a good place.  The Eagles are a mess.  I think that regardless of who Tampa plays next week, the Bucs get spanked.

I think that outside of Mayfield bringing the team down, the Bucs are quite good.  Their biggest flaw/hole, is the middle of the OLine.  Those guys blow at run blocking.  Pass blocking, they, and the whole line is quite good.  Their receivers are good, the backs are good, the DLine is good, etc.  At every level, the team is "good", they just have a crap QB and mediocre HC.  Against a team playing like crap and in turmoil, like the Eagles, I think the Bucs win.  Against a good team running on all cylinders, like the Niners, I think they get spanked.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No, I don't think the Bucs are good... they have Baker Mayfield.  I do think the Bucs are going to beat the Eagles Monday night though, but it's not because I think the Bucs are better.  I think the crap going on in Philly will yield a less than expected product.  The Bucs have nothing going against them.  The team likes where they are and who they have.  Mentally, they're in a good place.  The Eagles are a mess.  I think that regardless of who Tampa plays next week, the Bucs get spanked.

I think that outside of Mayfield bringing the team down, the Bucs are quite good.  Their biggest flaw/hole, is the middle of the OLine.  Those guys blow at run blocking.  Pass blocking, they, and the whole line is quite good.  Their receivers are good, the backs are good, the DLine is good, etc.  At every level, the team is "good", they just have a crap QB and mediocre HC.  Against a team playing like crap and in turmoil, like the Eagles, I think the Bucs win.  Against a good team running on all cylinders, like the Niners, I think they get spanked.

Their pass D blows.

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

Their pass D blows.

Is that why they're 9th in points against and not, say top 3?

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I know we arw just talkin some shlt about football.  

To clarify I was trashing their wins.  So placing GB in there is basically saying thats a meh win.  Especially early in thr season when they had big issues.  Also divisional games are different.   Bills lost to both the Jets and Pats this year.  

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Is that why they're 9th in points against and not, say top 3?

Probably and 247 yards a game is not good, run D is above average though.

I think TB is a very blah team.  They have some talent but both sides of the ball are blah.   If Baker plays one of his good games they can hang with most anyone.  He has far too many blah games with those WRs.  Baker played good vs Packers but it was easy pitch and catch.  GB defense was on another planet that day.   

They are like the perfect .500 team.  

What do they do going forward at QB?  Evans is a Free Agent.  I think the world of Evans.  But playing hardball with him probably has him looking elsewhere.   Hard to pay a guy his age anyway even tho his game will mature well.  

24 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Probably and 247 yards a game is not good, run D is above average though.

You don't think that the fact that teams struggle against them is the reason why they throw more?  In terms of pass attempts, they rank as the 6th most passed on.  It's because they know they can't run.  So, yeah, teams are getting yards, but it's because they're passing a lot, because they have too and because it's easier than running against them.  They rank 1st in TD's scored in the red zone (well, they were after week 15... I haven't paid attention since).   I do know that Jacksonville did get 2 "oh by the way TD passes in the red zone", after the Bucs called off the dogs, being up 30-0 and the Saints got 1, so it's possible they didn't finish #1.  Anyway, teams that can't run on them try to pass... well, when they need to pass to get in the end zone, they can't score.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

I know we arw just talkin some shlt about football.  

To clarify I was trashing their wins.  So placing GB in there is basically saying thats a meh win.  Especially early in thr season when they had big issues.  Also divisional games are different.   Bills lost to both the Jets and Pats this year.  

They had an easy schedule.  The only 2 teams Tampa beat with a winning record was Jacksonville and Green Bay who aren't all that good.  They lost every other game to teams with winning records.  Their biggest issue is that Mayfield is a mediocre to below average QB and Bowles is a below average HEAD coach.

7 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

There is something special brewing with the Stafford homecoming though.   I think the Lions are out to prove something. 

They'll probably just roll over and die though. 

Don't get me wrong.  I like for them, what they have brewin.  Lions have a nice OL.  Some real nice skill position players.  And a few pieces on defense.  Their momentum is going the right direction.   

But they didn't make the playoffs last year.  Things can change quick but things also can come in steps.  Doesn't mean they will definitely lose to the Rams.  I just think many times you crawl before you walk. Or walk before you run. 

If GB plays with the mentality of "house money". ...we know the Cowboys may press.  All the pressure is on the Cowboys.  

Aware me, which team has absolutely steamrolled each and every "best team" since that self inflicted, embarrassing loss to the putrid Browns in week 10?

Oh, wait, LJ lost a playoff game in 2019 in his second year under a totally different offense.  He's definitely the exact same player now.  And their D sucks this year.

LOL please let the Browns come to M&T with the statue, turnover machine Flacco and the old, made of paper Amari Cooper.

Gonna be buriful. 

51 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I think TB is a very blah team.  They have some talent but both sides of the ball are blah.   If Baker plays one of his good games they can hang with most anyone.  He has far too many blah games with those WRs.  Baker played good vs Packers but it was easy pitch and catch.  GB defense was on another planet that day.   

They are like the perfect .500 team.  

What do they do going forward at QB?  Evans is a Free Agent.  I think the world of Evans.  But playing hardball with him probably has him looking elsewhere.   Hard to pay a guy his age anyway even tho his game will mature well.  

"Very blah"?  "Some" talent?  LOL

I have no idea what they're going to do, but they need to make him a top 5 paid WR in the league, or they're going to lose him.  If he hits the open market, they're screwed because someone's going to pony up a 4 year+ / $110M contract.  Kansas City comes to mind immediately.  I just hope that they don't have to bring Mayfield back to do it.

On 1/8/2024 at 8:23 AM, Engorgeous George said:

I will be rooting for the Packers, of course, but I do not share your optimism.  Their injury report is still too substantial.

I'm rooting for the Cowboys.  But I think the Packers will get them. 

To win 17 games in a row at home is quite a task being asked of Dallas. 

I think if Dallas wins, they easily beat whoever it is they play next.  If the Packers win, I'll take the Packers to lose their next game.

I feel like a lot of games in the NFL are affected by "the law of averages and probability".  

Dolphins are 0-9 SU and 2-7 ATS per

. Single digit temperatures expected in Kansas City on Saturday night.

Week 1:

Browns over hou

Weather over mia- this reminds of San Diego traveling to cincy in 81/82

Bills over pitt

Boys over pack 

Lions over rams- rams have had an impressive second half since they got healthy. Should be a good game

eagles over. Bucks- it will be interesting to see which eagles show up… too much talent to lose, but have really struggled. Would not surprise me if tbb win

Always seems simple but it never works out that way ...

Bills-Steelers ... Steelers without Watt can be a worse team but the weather may neutralize the matchup.  Time for playoff Lenny ...

Chiefs-Dolphins ... Terrible weather should promote the running game; I think the Dolphins have more RB depth and should pull-off the upset

Texans-Browns ... Texans get some defense back but they are not a good clock-control team which should force Stroud into some not-yet-seen mistakes

Cowboys-Packers ... Packers playing very well and the Cowboys do not run well so we could see some pressure on Dak at home leading to an upset

Lions-Rams ... Lions D has not been very good but they do have moments; Rams D can be had so it will be close ... Pick-em

Bucs-Eagles ... If the weather is rain then this could be interesting because the Bucs' D is better than the Eagles' D

Bills

Dolphins

Browns

Packers

Rams

Buccaneers

NY Governor Kathy Hochul made a joke talking trash.  Something like we just think you should stay home and watch from TV.  It would be safer.  Its going to be a rough game for you anyhow"

So chalk the Bills up for a 1st round loss here.  

The bills are offering $20/hr to shovel snow.

Is that the going rate for backbreaking labor?  Owners worth billions and he's offering a pittance to locals for some needed, cold, hard, miserable work.

Screw him. 

40 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

The bills are offering $20/hr to shovel snow.

Is that the going rate for backbreaking labor?  Owners worth billions and he's offering a pittance to locals for some needed, cold, hard, miserable work.

Screw him. 

You’re not eligible.