Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Amazon Prime to get exclusive playoff game next year

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Dont the local markets still get free access

Depends on what you call local.   I'm an hour from kc in a smaller community with independent networks who didn't pick up the Chiefs peacock broadcast.  Topeka, KS didn't get it either. 

17 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Depends on what you call local.   I'm an hour from kc in a smaller community with independent networks who didn't pick up the Chiefs peacock broadcast.  Topeka, KS didn't get it either. 

Not many fans probably 😄

That's fine, I've come to terms with Amazon. 

Everyone should have Amazon Prime & Amazon Music by now. 

• Haha 2

Bullsh*t. They must be getting paid well for this.

This is the sort of thing that could eventually make me stop watching the NFL.

5 hours ago, MDC said:

A lot of people agree. It's just impossible to figure out which game is where. Red Zone is probably your best bet anymore. At least you get to see some of every game, but that's only Sundays. Thursday games are ridiculous and should be gone. 

The way it's going, I wouldn't be shocked if Amazon takes a bigger share of the NFL and ultimately charges a Pay Per Game package, ala cart. 

On 2/10/2024 at 4:31 PM, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

I would care had this happened 20 years ago. Today’s NFL is becoming the NBA for me. Player safety, lack of teams using a fullback, and running QBs make for a terrible product. 

It is a horrible, slow product to watch with all the ads, time in between actual sport being played, and stopping the clock so much. .  I guess if you love a barrage of ads and terrible commentary you are in luck.  Or constantly seeing what T.Swift is up to! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

It is a horrible, slow product to watch with all the ads, time in between actual sport being played, and stopping the clock so much. .  I guess if you love a barrage of ads and terrible commentary you are in luck.  Or constantly seeing what T.Swift is up to! 

I've resulted to RedZone for Sunday's. I don't even care to watch a whole game based exactly on what you stated. 

They score, a TV time out, they kickoff, a TV timeout, they run 1 play, an injury timeout. 

It's ridiculous anymore. 

As long as it isn't Wild Card weekend. I'd hate to miss the Cowboys last game of the season. 

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

As long as it isn't Wild Card weekend. I'd hate to miss the Cowboys last game of the season. 

Lol.  My big night as a Giants fan is in April. 

On 2/10/2024 at 10:37 AM, Maximum Overkill said:

That's fine, I've come to terms with Amazon. 

Everyone should have Amazon Prime & Amazon Music by now. 

I had Amazon Music when I was commuting over an hour on the train/subway/walking.

My commute is less than 30 minutes now, via car. No need

24 minutes ago, edjr said:

I had Amazon Music when I was commuting over an hour on the train/subway/walking.

My commute is less than 30 minutes now, via car. No need

Don't you want Amazon Music for the house though? I love it, we have an Alexa speaker in every room. We wear it out. 

And the price of everything is cheap IMO. Prime pays for itself 10x over with free shipping alone. Especially at Christmas if you have kids. 

I fought getting Amazon Prime/Music for a long time before I gave in, glad I did. 

5 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I've resulted to RedZone for Sunday's. I don't even care to watch a whole game based exactly on what you stated. 

They score, a TV time out, they kickoff, a TV timeout, they run 1 play, an injury timeout. 

It's ridiculous anymore. 

I hear you on RZ, but had the opposite reaction, and it was a reason I just stopped watching.    I figured if the games got so dull to the point where I had to spend extra money to get the Cliffs Notes for the games - F that.   

I have Paramount+ anyway (a paid subscription mind you), so I turned on the game last night for a little bit.    I had it on for about 15mins, and the bolded was 100% what I saw.  Plus I still had to watch all the ads even though it's a paid sub.  Hard pass.  

Just now, BuckSwope said:

I hear you on RZ, but had the opposite reaction, and it was a reason I just stopped watching.    I figured if the games got so dull to the point where I had to spend extra money to get the Cliffs Notes for the games - F that.   

I have Paramount+ anyway (a paid subscription mind you), so I turned on the game last night for a little bit.    I had it on for about 15mins, and the bolded was 100% what I saw.  Plus I still had to watch all the ads even though it's a paid sub.  Hard pass.  

Unfortunately there's no perfect solution. The NFL has a real conundrum on its hands. I really wish they would just give in and offer an Ala Carte type plan. 

Let me purchase only the games I want every week. I don't mind paying, just don't make me go on a witch hunt every week. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Unfortunately there's no perfect solution. The NFL has a real conundrum on its hands. I really wish they would just give in and offer an Ala Carte type plan. 

Let me purchase only the games I want every week. I don't mind paying, just don't make me go on a witch hunt every week. 

It's much better when it's all in one spot.   It was predictable it would become a cluster fock when you saw the streaming services break off and keep their products to themselves (first shows and movies).   Once Peacock and others popped up, the writing was on the wall that you might need a service for the cbs games, a service for the Fox ones, etc..  

I don't watch a ton of sports anymore - are there any major sports now that you don't have to have multiple streaming services and play the witch hunt game you speak of trying to find the game you want?    I still pay for MLB  to watch Mariners games, but don't watch much besides that.     

7 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

are there any major sports now that you don't have to have multiple streaming services and play the witch hunt game you speak of trying to find the game you want?

I don't believe so. I would only want the NFL. I love MLB but there's just too many games, that would be a mess. I guess most of the NBA games are on TNT or TBS now? 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Only a couple of months away! :cheers:

On 2/10/2024 at 10:00 AM, MDC said:

Ease up grandpa

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I don't believe so. I would only want the NFL. I love MLB but there's just too many games, that would be a mess. I guess most of the NBA games are on TNT or TBS now? 

I don't even try to watch most of them.  I'm happy for the cost having a game or two on a week.  I'm old, so I tend to watch Mariner east coast games so I am not up all night watching the things, being in central time zone.   NBA is split.  I used to love NHL the most, but never seemed to have anything that showed that consistently in the last 10-15 years.  

20 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I don't even try to watch most of them.  I'm happy for the cost having a game or two on a week.  I'm old, so I tend to watch Mariner east coast games so I am not up all night watching the things, being in central time zone.   NBA is split.  I used to love NHL the most, but never seemed to have anything that showed that consistently in the last 10-15 years.  

Where I'm at I get the crap feeds. We get the Atlanta games and Carolina games. It's absolutely pathetic. RedZone has been a blessing in that regard. 

13 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Where I'm at I get the crap feeds. We get the Atlanta games and Carolina games. It's absolutely pathetic. RedZone has been a blessing in that regard. 

Fair point.  Blackout rules and all- If I was a Brewer fan I wouldn't bother buying the service.   It's worth it imo just to watch the team I want to. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You're infringing on Lions SB (aka the draft) time man!