Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

Justin Fields traded to Pittsburgh (For Dog Dirt)

In two trades with the Bears, the Steelers gave up... Chase Claypool and a 6th round pick (potential to be 4th) For... Justin Fields and the pick for Joey Porter Jr.
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

What do you think their record will be in 2024 season?

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

Of course he does, doesn’t mean he can do it. :lol:

Here you go.

Steelers plan to re-sign Russell Wilson to longer contract after 2024 season, per report

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-plan-to-re-sign-russell-wilson-to-longer-contract-after-2024-season-per-report/?fbclid=IwAR33qM7L6ol0lpLX96rDLHii7fWSWAS1K84OYTWks8QWL40BzVwfGcGTRXs_aem_AeoTtXQ-wGDu9h9TdsN_3cZTRkLjUWr4aralJvAkzUgAYBehg8_sMWZza1dkTKQNjm0

20 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

This is all just talk. Means nothing.

I thought a 5th rounder was about right. Steelers might be ideal for him. They will likely keep Russ or him next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Interesting. I just don’t think he’ll play well enough for that to become a reality. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Steelers are playing Moneyball this season.

They didnt play football last season

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

They didnt play football last season

And here's the thing. All these petty moves and they still don't have a QB. Wilson is on a 1 year deal and he's anything but a franchise QB. Fields is a 6th round dart throw who may be out of the league in a year. 

If I'm a Steelers fan I'm not all that exited. They're still the worst team in that division. 

9 hours ago, Gepetto said:

This is all just talk. Means nothing.

Yep. It all changes once Wilson starts his demands when he first walks into the building. Fields will be starting there before long. 

Justin Fields Trade Rumors: Unknown Team Made Better Offer to Bears Than Steelers Did

The Chicago Bears didn't take the best offer on the table for quarterback Justin Fields, according to ESPN's Courtney Cronin.

The Bears confirmed Saturday it agreed to trade Fields to the Pittsburgh Steelers for a conditional sixth-round pick in 2025. The pick can become a fourth-rounder if certain parameters are met.

In addressing the move, general manager Ryan Poles said the team did "what is best for both Justin and the Bears."

Cronin reported Chicago made a conscious effort to consider the situation into which it would be sending Fields.

"A source told ESPN that five teams in addition to Pittsburgh reached out to Chicago, and the majority of those teams had envisioned the former first-round pick in a backup role," she wrote. "... The Bears had an additional offer with stronger draft capital from a team with an established starter, per a source, but chose to send Fields to Pittsburgh with the hope of putting the 25-year-old in a position to continue his development — first as a backup to [Russell] Wilson and eventually as a starter."

Poles told reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine in February that "I want to do right by Justin" regarding a trade. He did just that under the circumstances by sending Fields to the Steel City.

Wilson is the obvious favorite to be the Week 1 starter for the Steelers, but trading Kenny Pickett to the Philadelphia Eagles left them without a viable backup or a long-term quarterback solution.

It's not as though the current version of Wilson is guaranteed to remain the starter for the entirety of the 2024 season, either. If the 35-year-old struggles out of the gate, head coach Mike Tomlin probably won't hesitate to make a change.

Well, Poles is a man of his word. That goes a long way with the players. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Yep. It all changes once Wilson starts his demands when he first walks into the building. Fields will be starting there before long. 

⬆️ .  This we agree on. My theory is why even bother with Russ? What's the difference, they're nowhere near ready to win or compete for that division, especially with a healthy Burrow and a loaded Ravens team. 

Why not take a nice cheap long look at Fields. What's the worst that's going to happen? If they suck they'll have a nice pick for next season. 

Winning 7-8 games is meaningless. 

• Sad 1

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Well, Poles is a man of his word. That goes a long way with the players. 

He's a friggin idiot, that's what he is. He probably cost his franchise a 2nd round pick worrying about Fields feelings. WTF do they owe Fields? He's been stealing money since the second he was drafted. 

And guess what? The players don't give a F about the GM, they care about winning and getting a bag. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

⬆️ .  This we agree on. My theory is why even bother with Russ? What's the difference, they're nowhere near ready to win or compete for that division, especially with a healthy Burrow and a loaded Ravens team. 

Why not take a nice cheap long look at Fields. What's the worst that's going to happen? If they suck they'll have a nice pick for next season. 

Winning 7-8 games is meaningless. 

Think what ypu want about Sean Payton but Denver gave up a shltload for Wilson and Payton simply told him to fock off by the end of the year. He should be out of the league.

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

He's a friggin idiot, that's what he is. He probably cost his franchise a 2nd round pick worrying about Fields feelings. WTF do they owe Fields? He's been stealing money since the second he was drafted. 

And guess what? The players don't give a F about the GM, they care about winning and getting a bag. 

Coming from a guy who thinks Fields will be out of the league in a year but thinks teams are willing to give a first rounder to the Bears for him.

Now I see how you got your name MaximumRetard. 

Classic old man who played peewee football and now thinks he's an expert. 

He should be out of the league

I wouldn't say out of the league but he's not going to help anyone win anything. His attitude and ego is what wears on coaches and teammates. 

People just can't leave the Seattle days in the rearview. 

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Fields

6th Round Pick 😂

Why bother???? Poles is a nice guy, no, He's A MORON WHO waited too long for a herd of offers. 

There's no way around it, he F'd it up, just say it. 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

6th Round Pick 😂

Why bother???? Poles is a nice guy, no, He's A MORON WHO waited too long for a herd of offers. 

MaximumRetard: Fields SUCKS. He'll be out of the league next year. 

MaximumRetard: They only got a 6th rounder for Fields!! :cry:

:wacko:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

6th Round Pick 😂

Poles got DJ Moore, Darnell Wright, Tyrique Stevenson, possibly Caleb Williams or another QB, and a 2nd next year for a 1st round pick last year. 

You are so butt hurt. Tell your boyfriend to take it easy on you tonight. 😆

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

They only got a 6th rounder for Fields!

Peafoam - We'll keep Fields and get a haul for the #1 Pick.

Peafoam - We'll trade Fields for a haul and draft Williams

Peafoam - I'll take a 6th Round Pick! 

YOU SAID IT, IF POLES WAS TOO WORRIED ABOUT WHERE TO TRADE FIELDS BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO HURT HIS FEELINGS THEN WHO KNOWS WHAT FIELDS REAL VALUE IS?? 

HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO OFFERS BECAUSE HE WAS WORRIED ABOUT FEELINGS??? WTF?? 

YOU'RE REALLY DUMB AS F, ITS NOT AN ACT 😂

6 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Peafoam - We'll keep Fields and get a haul for the #1 Pick.

Peafoam - We'll trade Fields for a haul and draft Williams

Peafoam - I'll take a 6th Round Pick! 

YOU SAID IT, IF POLES WAS TOO WORRIED ABOUT WHERE TO TRADE FIELDS BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO HURT HIS FEELINGS THEN WHO KNOWS WHAT FIELDS REAL VALUE IS?? 

HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO OFFERS BECAUSE HE WAS WORRIED ABOUT FEELINGS??? WTF?? 

YOU'RE REALLY DUMB AS F, ITS NOT AN ACT 😂

MaximumRetard: Fields SUCKS!!! How could they only get a 6 for him?!!! Their GM SUCKS!! :cry:

What a dumb ass. :lol:

8 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Poles got DJ Moore, Darnell Wright, Tyrique Stevenson, possibly Caleb Williams or another QB, and a 2nd next year for a 1st round pick last year. 

:banana:

36 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

And here's the thing. All these petty moves and they still don't have a QB. Wilson is on a 1 year deal and he's anything but a franchise QB. Fields is a 6th round dart throw who may be out of the league in a year. 

If I'm a Steelers fan I'm not all that exited. They're still the worst team in that division. 

As shakey as Fields is at throwing the ball, he is up there with Lamar at running the ball.  Not a bad guy to have come in and run a wildcat offense or have on the bench as a backup.  Fields can be difficult to matchup for some defenses.  

:banana:

Dude, we're talking about how they screwed the Fields thing up. Poles messing it up has nothing to do with any other moves? What don't you understand?

I like what the Bears did this off-season, EXCEPT blowing the Fields trade. 

6th Round Pick 😂

Just now, Maximum Overkill said:

Dude, we're talking about how they screwed the Fields thing up. Poles messing it up has nothing to do with any other moves? What don't you understand?

I like what the Bears did this off-season, EXCEPT blowing the Fields trade. 

6th Round Pick 😂

I don't know what you're talking about because you are all over the place.

MaximumRetard: Fields SUCKS!!! How could they only get a 6 for him?!!! Their GM SUCKS!! :cry:

14 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

:banana::pointstosky:

How could they only get a 6 for him?!!! Their GM SUCKS!! :cry:

So if he didn't shop Fields then how can he know what his true value is??

Sam Darnold and Garner Minshew both SUCK!!! THEY GOT STARTING NFL JOBS 

GET IT YET? :dunno:

8 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I don't know what you're talking about because you are all over the place.

😆

22 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

:pointstosky:

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

:pointstosky:

So if he didn't shop Fields then how can he know what his true value is??

Sam Darnold and Garner Minshew both SUCK!!! THEY GOT STARTING NFL JOBS 

GET IT YET? :pointstosky:

32 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Last place in the NFC North again this season .

:pointstosky::banana:

Imagine being this obsessed over seafoam. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Imagine being this obsessed over seafoam. 

They love me. It's too easy. 😆

28 minutes ago, jonmx said:

As shakey as Fields is at throwing the ball, he is up there with Lamar at running the ball.  Not a bad guy to have come in and run a wildcat offense or have on the bench as a backup.  Fields can be difficult to matchup for some defenses.  

Yep. Pitt will be fine the sooner they get rid of Wilson. 

They love me. It's too easy. 😆

It’s just an easy win. You make it too easy on them. This is like Justin. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s just an easy win. You make it too easy on them. This is like Justin. 

Well, they do entertain me. Dance puppets dance...

You are joining them? 😆

Well, they do entertain me. Dance puppets dance...

You are joining them? 😆

No. That’s a historically shitt division. 3 SB’s in the last 50 years. Only the AFC south has less and they have two expansion teams. 

14 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Hell make it all 32, since the bears decided to trade him for a pack of gum

Packs of gum can't be that hard to come by in Chicago.  Isn't Wrigley's headquartered there, or have they since outsourced to Cambodia?