Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Ohtani Gambling Story

41 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Every universe that I've been in. 

They will kill you, but in reality it is just a book entry to them.  It is no skin off their backs to let this loser keep making bad bets.  

21 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

You're a money guy. Please explain how Ohtani didn't know. I think it's IMPOSSIBLE that Ohtani didn't know anything. 

You're thoughts please. 

I think it’s possible, but would mean he either doesn’t have someone managing his finances, or they were stealing from him too.

4 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Why would a man making 200k per year run up gambling debt of $4,500,000?  The most likely scenario is Ohtani was betting through his interpreter friend to avoid getting in trouble with mlb.

I believe the bookie is on record stating he knew the money was coming from Ohtani’s account, so depending on when the transactions started, that would explain it.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I think it’s possible, but would mean he either doesn’t have someone managing his finances, or they were stealing from him too.

I believe the bookie is on record stating he knew the money was coming from Ohtani’s account, so depending on when the transactions started, that would explain it.

Zero chance an athlete of Ohtani's stature doesn't have a management team managing his money.  Particularly if all he cares about is baseball.

To think his freaking interpreter has unfettered access to his bank account is ludicrous. 

20 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Zero chance an athlete of Ohtani's stature doesn't have a management team managing his money.  Particularly if all he cares about is baseball.

To think his freaking interpreter has unfettered access to his bank account is ludicrous. 

It’s reasonable to think Mizuhara knew Ohtani’s login info and used it without Ohtani knowing.

But it’s not that reasonable to think that he did that without someone else on Ohtani’s team knowing.  I guess the explanation will probably be that Mizuhara lied to them too.  But the current story seems to be no one but Mizuhara knew what was happening.

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Of course he knew.  Because he was the one gambling. 

Even if he didn't GAF about money his management team would be on that chit fast AF.

GUILTY!

Without question! My accountant calls.when I buy a new cell phone. They'd have a heart attack if $500,000 went mysteriously missing 😂

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

They will kill you, but in reality it is just a book entry to them.  It is no skin off their backs to let this loser keep making bad bets.  

4.5 million dollars isn't some Guido on the corner taking action. 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Without question! My accountant calls.when I buy a new cell phone. They'd have a heart attack if $500,000 went mysteriously missing 😂

Really? 

9 hours ago, jonmx said:

Don't be stupid.  In what universe does a bookie care if some loser runs up a bigger and bigger debt?  We don't know how large the debt was since he was making payments along the way.  It does not cost the bookie a thing.  The guy was able to send a few $500k payments along the way.  

I was talking about Ipsi running up that much debt; I guess he could afford it with access to Ohtani's account though.

8 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Actually the $500k chunks are kind of interesting, because anything more than that many banks require for you to come in personally to make the transfer.  

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

I was talking about Ipsi running up that much debt; I guess he could afford it with access to Ohtani's account though.

But if you are down $500k to a bookie, it really makes no difference to them if you run it up to $800k.  On those clients they are the house.  If you win they just take if off the tab and if you lose as expected, they go deeper in the hole.  It does not cost them anything but a Bookkeeping entry.  They have you on tilt and you are probably a dead man, but they will drain every penny they can out of you 

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

But if you are down $500k to a bookie, it really makes no difference to them if you run it up to $800k.  On those clients they are the house.  If you win they just take if off the tab and if you lose as expected, they go deeper in the hole.  It does not cost them anything but a Bookkeeping entry.  They have you on tilt and you are probably a dead man, but they will drain every penny they can out of you 

I understand that. I wasn't talking about the bookie at all. I would think someone wouldn't bet way way way beyond their means. Ya know, self responsibility.

I’ve worked with some very wealthy people. All of them have managers who have access to their accounts and pay their bills. These managers have access to a lot of money if they want to take advantage of it. 

I know one woman right now who works for a shopping center owner; she pays all of his bills. If she wanted to she could probably remove up to 20 million from his accounts. She would be very quickly arrested but she could do it, in chunks. (Of course she’s an extremely honest person who has worked for the same guy for 25 years and is well compensated.)