Ohtani Gambling Story

7 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

4.5 million

That's a lot of Egg Rolls 

• Haha 1

Wouldn't this only be a problem if he won $4.5M? 😳

Certainly does not seem like he was fixing games. 😏

Who cares?

It appears that his "interpreter" may of been placing bets for him. The interpreter is taking the fall. Why would his interpreter have access to his bank accounts? 

Very interesting! 🤔

If Pete Rose doesn't get in the HOF before he dies and they let this jap slide :mad:

I just don't like his wonton disregard for safe gambling practices.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, edjr said:

Who cares?

Pretty much...

41 minutes ago, edjr said:

Who cares?

Well. Practice what you preach and post that after EVERY thread you start. Focking boring. 

1 hour ago, Drizzay said:

I just don't like his wonton disregard for safe gambling practices.

Not a chinaman, dippy

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

It appears that his "interpreter" may of been placing bets for him. The interpreter is taking the fall. Why would his interpreter have access to his bank accounts? 

Very interesting! 🤔

No, it was the interpreter placing bet.   There is strong evidence that the interpreter was the one addicted to gambling.   Ohtani was being the good friend and bailed him out.   What Ohtani did not realize it is a federal felony to wire money to a bookie.   So regardless of who placed the bets, Ohtani unwittingly committed a felony...so his lawyer changed the story that the money was stolen.  It is a crappy situation for Ohtani.  No good deed goes unpunished.  

Just now, jonmx said:

No, it was the interpreter placing bet.

I think we're going to see a lot more come out shortly. He said the interpreter stole the money. He's all over the place, someone is lying. 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I think we're going to see a lot more come out shortly. He said the interpreter stole the money. He's all over the place, someone is lying. 

I guess there’s a miniscule chance he was placing the bets for Ohtani, but the most likely scenario seems to be what was said initially, that Ohtani paid his friend’s debt. Although I think I saw something saying he made multiple payments, so I guess it’s also possible Ohtani was financing his friend’s gambling.

But yeah, the “theft” line is clearly a lie which they only started saying after they realized Ohtani would be in big trouble.

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I guess there’s a miniscule chance he was placing the bets for Ohtani, but the most likely scenario seems to be what was said initially, that Ohtani paid his friend’s debt. Although I think I saw something saying he made multiple payments, so I guess it’s also possible Ohtani was financing his friend’s gambling.

But yeah, the “theft” line is clearly a lie which they only started saying after they realized Ohtani would be in big trouble.

Here's the thing though. His friend can't afford a 4.5 million dollar line of credit. 

Ohtani can though! It's going to come out. 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Here's the thing though. His friend can't afford a 4.5 million dollar line of credit. 

Ohtani can though! It's going to come out. 

Can’t remember, wasn’t it stated that Ohtani had made some of the earlier payments also?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Can’t remember, wasn’t it stated that Ohtani had made some of the earlier payments also?

It's definitely Ohtani making the bets. Only someone of his financial stature is given a 4.5 million dollar leash. 

Do you think we could get 4.5 million dollar buffer? 

The whole story is BS 

12 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

It's definitely Ohtani making the bets. Only someone of his financial stature is given a 4.5 million dollar leash. 

Do you think we could get 4.5 million dollar buffer? 

The whole story is BS 

I’m saying I thought he had made some of the earlier payments for his friend also.  Which if that were true then the bookie would let his debt get to $4.5 million

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’m saying I thought he had made some of the earlier payments for his friend also.  Which if that were true then the bookie would let his debt get to $4.5 million

I have no doubt it was the translator making the bets.  The question is did Ohtani make the payments or was the money stolen or a combination.   If Ohtani even made one payment, he is in legal jeopardy based on federal law.  The question then becomes is that violation something that runs a foul of baseball rules.  

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Who knows what's true. There's definitely some shenanigans going on. I wasn't born yesterday 😔

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

fock pete rose

Pete got a bum rap.  And so did Shoeless Joe Jackson.   But all unrelated to what is going on here. 

Sports betting is illegal in California.  

2 hours ago, jonmx said:

Pete got a bum rap.  And so did Shoeless Joe Jackson.   But all unrelated to what is going on here. 

He did not. Showless Joe I agree. Pete bet on his team 

24 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

He did not. Showless Joe I agree. Pete bet on his team 

When he was manager. He should be in the Hall of Fame for his playing accompishments.

Shoeless Joe Jackson should definitely be in the HOF.

Baseball HOF is a joke. Doesn't matter as people know who the best players were anyway.

52 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

When he was manager. He should be in the Hall of Fame for his playing accompishments.

Shoeless Joe Jackson should definitely be in the HOF.

Baseball HOF is a joke. Doesn't matter as people know who the best players were anyway.

he bet on baseball as a player/manager

he acted in throwing games

I will never be swayed, I have also met him a couple times and hes a POS human being, I am not surprised

The rules are crystal clear - you bet on the sport you are banned. GTFO no questions asked. Pete did, he lied about it for years.

He is still a badass player (marginal manager) but he is banished from the league. 

This Otahni thing is pretty wild. We’ll see how this plays out but if worst case he was just placing bets on soccer or whatever WGAF. 

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

The rules are crystal clear - you bet on the sport you are banned. GTFO no questions asked. Pete did, he lied about it for years.

He is still a badass player (marginal manager) but he is banished from the league. 

This Otahni thing is pretty wild. We’ll see how this plays out but if worst case he was just placing bets on soccer or whatever WGAF. 

The issue for Ohtani is the wire transfer to a bookie to cover an illegal bet turns it into a federal offense which is a felony.  That is why the money needs to be stolen.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

The issue for Ohtani is the wire transfer to a bookie to cover an illegal bet turns it into a federal offense which is a felony.  That is why the money needs to be stolen.  

Yup, that's why he's lawyered up. You can bet your life that the Feds are all over this one. It's not looking good for Ohtani. 

A gambling degenerate is like a junkie. If he's going down he's taking Ohtani with him. If that's indeed what happened at all. 

I believe Ohtani had this guy place bets for him. 

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

he bet on baseball as a player/manager

he acted in throwing games

He did?  I thought the claim was always he only bet on his team to win?

5 hours ago, jonmx said:

As long as there were no baseball bets suspension for some games would all he’d get from MLB I’d think.

Glad I didn’t draft him on my fantasy squad 😂

He’s gong to have a monster season outside of all this.

22 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

As long as there were no baseball bets suspension for some games would all he’d get from MLB I’d think.

Glad I didn’t draft him on my fantasy squad 😂

He’s gong to have a monster season outside of all this.

Here lies the issue. It's Ohtani's money. 

The firing of Shohei Ohtani's interpreter by the Los Angeles Dodgers over allegations of illegal gambling and theft has highlighted an issue many outside of California don't realize: Sports betting is still against the law in the nation's most populous state

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Here lies the issue. It's Ohtani's money. 

The firing of Shohei Ohtani's interpreter by the Los Angeles Dodgers over allegations of illegal gambling and theft has highlighted an issue many outside of California don't realize: Sports betting is still against the law in the nation's most populous state

They suspend wife beaters and steroid users for around a month or two as a baseline. No one gives a fock about sports betting (unless it’s on the sport you play).

He’s told a couple diff stories so far so he’s not helping himself out here. 

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

He did?  I thought the claim was always he only bet on his team to win?

Yep. He only bet on his team to win. Let’s follow this logic. 

Pete bet on the reds today, he’s gonna make sure he does everything to win the game including things like overusing certain pitchers. 

next day. Hey Pete didn’t bet today. Bookie loads up against the reds. 

when you don’t bet on your team every single day, which he didn’t, it sends a clear signal for one and for two, we know he got into huge debts it sets up a scenario where maybe he owes the bookie a little too much so I’m just gonna not bet the game today as an arrangement.