Sign in to follow this  
edjr

8 States Now Plan to Ban Gas-Powered Car Sales

https://money.com/states-banning-gas-powered-cars/

Published: Mar 21, 2024

At least eight states plan to ban sales of new gas-powered cars after 2035, and several others are thinking about joining them.

The rules being adopted specify that only zero-emission vehicles — including electric vehicles and some plug-in hybrids — can be sold in participating states beginning with the 2035 model year.

Traditional gas-powered cars on the road at that point wouldn't be affected, and drivers would still be allowed to buy used gas-powered cars. Automakers and dealerships, however, would be prohibited from selling new gas vehicles in states where bans are in place.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :overhead:

The gubment is never wrong. They can't be this time either. 

So what?

Personally I don’t like electric vehicles that much, but they are the future. That’s just the way it is 

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So what?

Personally I don’t like electric vehicles that much, but they are the future. That’s just the way it is 

They are not the future. They are a disaster. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, seafoam1 said:

They are not the future. They are a disaster. 

🙄

Just now, IGotWorms said:

🙄

The fact you comment on it yet don't know the complete mess that they are for 80% of the people out there is a joke. Do your homework. 

2035?

Relax.

Just continue to use your gas guzzler after that, I am sure they won't ban those cars from the roads too. 😁

So do they have the infrastructure for it? Can they provide charging stations to everyone in apartments, high rises and other highly populated areas? Can the grids handle this??

What's the plan? As usual there is none. 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

So do they have the infrastructure for it? Can they provide charging stations to everyone in apartments, high rises and other highly populated areas? Can the grids handle this??

They don't understand any of it. Focking dopes. Imagine the whole country reliant on those pieces of shlt.

Just now, seafoam1 said:

They don't understand any of it. Focking dopes.

California's grid is already maxed. They can barely keep the lights on as it is. How do they expect to charge millions of cars a day?

Not to mention how many batteries will die while sitting in Los Angeles traffic for 4 hours a day. 

I'm all for electric but tell me how you're going to make it happen? 

Libs, anything?? 

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

They don't understand any of it. Focking dopes. Imagine the whole country reliant on those pieces of shlt.

Agree with you both, can’t trust the red or blue team, neither one of them.  Thanks. 

Just now, weepaws said:

Agree with you both, can’t trust the red or blue team, neither one of them.  Thanks. 

This isn't even a political discussion. They need to figure how this is realistic. It's easy to say that everyone needs to buy an electric car, but that's not the end of the story. 

My Wife had a Plaid and hated it, I hated it. What if I had a mandatory Hurricane evacuation? I'm supposed to drive or sit in traffic for 8 hours on a 3 hour charge?  

How does this work exactly? 

11 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

This isn't even a political discussion. They need to figure how this is realistic. It's easy to say that everyone needs to buy an electric car, but that's not the end of the story. 

My Wife had a Plaid and hated it, I hated it. What if I had a mandatory Hurricane evacuation? I'm supposed to drive or sit in traffic for 8 hours on a 3 hour charge?  

How does this work exactly? 

You don't even need to take it to those extremes. Just simply say 70% of the people on the road own only an electric car in let's say Newark, NJ, LA, CA, Chicago , Ill,  Minneapolis, MN, Boston, MA, What's a day in the life for a commuting worker? Consider daily commutes, airports, "gas" stations, heavy traffic, accidents, running out of a charge(which means towing instead of getting a gallon of gas to get your car rolling again), end of battery life, middle of battery life, blah blah blah....

They have NO ANSWERS to the problems posed. 

It’s almost as if you dopes have never heard of doing things one step at a time 🤣

Win the war against Fundamentalist Islam by controlling and embracing EVs. If we get off Big Oil...those guys are back to being Camel Humpers in the desert.

EVs should be the future in the U.S.; simply for the strategic blow it would strike the ME.  That being said, 2035 is a bit too early. That being said, the ME has probably already realized this and are funnelling money into battery development/EV technology. 

2 minutes ago, zsasz said:

Win the war against Fundamentalist Islam by controlling and embracing EVs. 

😆 Another know nothing liberal dope...

13 minutes ago, zsasz said:

should be the future in the U.S.; simply for the strategic blow it would strike the ME.  That being said, 2035 is a bit too early. That being said, the ME has probably already realized this and are funnelling money into battery development/EV technology. 

I totally agree. Another problem is mining and disposal of lithium. What's worse for the environment? Where and how are we dealing with the demand and environmental damages? 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

2035?

Relax.

Just continue to use your gas guzzler after that, I am sure they won't ban those cars from the roads too. 😁

they will just make gas more expensive, or licensing fees. Some way to make it so expensive that it appears cheaper to drive electric. They will demonize driving gas cars. 

I like the idea of an electric car.

I would not mind having a Tesla, they really are great cars.

It makes no sense to buy one unless you have extra money to spend.  Most areas are powered by coal plants, so we likely increase greehouse gas creation by using them, they wear down tires faster causing more frequent replacements and the total cost is just too much.

I am better off with my Honda Accord.

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

They will demonize driving gas cars. 

Almost like Vaxx shaming? That never happened, did it? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I like the idea of an electric car.

I would not mind having a Tesla, they really are great cars.

It makes no sense to buy one unless you have extra money to spend.  Most areas are powered by coal plants, so we likely increase greehouse gas creation by using them, they wear down tires faster causing more frequent replacements and the total cost is just too much.

I am better off with my Honda Accord.

Step 1: get cars on grid

Step 2: make grid more renewable

It’s probably going to have to be nuclear power. But at any rate, just because a lot of its coal now doesn’t mean it always will or has to be that way

Agree. Wasn't Biden elected to Build Back Better? Where's this fancy grid? 

Nevermind, it's probably Trump's fault 😢

I think we should use salt water or grass clippings to run our cars. 

Or even dirt or air. 

That would be so cool.

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

I think we should use salt water or grass clippings to run our cars. 

Or even dirt or air. 

That would be so cool.

Could you imagine the price of air in a Biden economy? 

31 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Agree. Wasn't Biden elected to Build Back Better? Where's this fancy grid? 

Nevermind, it's probably Trump's fault 😢

These things take time

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

These things take time

Yeah, so does traveling through outerspace forming alliances with aliens across the universe. 

39 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Step 1: get cars on grid

It’s probably going to have to be nuclear power. But at any rate, just because a lot of its coal now doesn’t mean it always will or has to be that way

The problem with your approach is that the current grid is not built for that usage, and cannot sustain it.  We are attempting to put these things into service with a grid that will not work to meet the needs.  What we need is to get more nuclear plants built.

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The problem with your approach is that the current grid is not built for that usage, and cannot sustain it.  We are attempting to put these things into service with a grid that will not work to meet the needs.  What we need is to get more nuclear plants built.

Yes I’m sure that will be addressed

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

C'mon man.  Like worms said, it takes time and steps.  You should have more faith that the states have it all planned out.

I’ll drive an F-150 into the sunset when I head to the big gas station in the sky, but it would be nice to have an electric sedan to putt around town in…

It sounds like a good thing if every household could afford to have at least one EV.

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It's a dumb approach that you are even playing along with this.

1 minute ago, Dozer FBG said:

I’ll drive an F-150 into the sunset when I head to the big gas station in the sky, but it would be nice to have an electric sedan to putt around town in…

It sounds like a good thing if every household could afford to have at least one EV.

Ok. Let's say they can. In NYC, how do you get a charging station to every person. I'll give you 15 years to figure it out. AND that only covers one basic issue. There are 30 others. 

Fock, we can all afford a second car being electric, but that's not reality for the majority of Americans. 

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Ok. Let's say they can. In NYC, how do you get a charging station to every person. I'll give you 15 years to figure it out. AND that only covers one basic issue. There are 30 others. 

Fock, we can all afford a second car being electric, but that's not reality for the majority of Americans. 

You’re right, we should just never try for any sort of progress in anything again. It’s just too hard :( 

• Thanks 1

You’re right, we should just never try for any sort of progress in anything again. It’s just too hard :( 

No, we shouldn't spend years on a failed technology. Figure it out first before you put the failure burdon on the legals in this country. 

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Nobody is saying that. But what's the plan? Aren't they jumping ahead of themselves a bit? Let's think about this realistically. 

- Is there enough lithium and where are we getting it from?

- Is it environmentally safe to mine and dispose of? If so where and how and at what long term damage to the environment. 

- Do we have the grid to sustain millions of electric vehicles? If not where are we getting this power from and at what cost? Many are against Nuclear Power. How long will it take to upgrade the entire Nation's grid and at what price? Who's paying?

- Is lithium safer, more practical or more cost effective than fossil fuels? Is it worth it? 

- Will all Americans have access to charging stations? Most Americans don't have garages. 

These are just some of the questions for anyone who says we need to go all electric. I love the idea but how realistic is it? California can barely keep the lights on as it is. 

21 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Seafoam through the ages...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Seafoam through the ages...

honcho thru the ages...

38 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

C'mon man.  Like worms said, it takes time and steps.  You should have more faith that the states have it all planned out.

The approach really demonstrates how insufferably stupid people in government are....

37 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

It's a dumb approach that you are even playing along with this.

I do not mind electric vehicles, and I am also confident that they will continue to improve. I also find the hydrogen cars fascinating. 

Just now, RLLD said:

I do not mind electric vehicles, and I am also confident that they will continue to improve. I also find the hydrogen cars fascinating. 

There is no promising big picture there at this time. Let individuals research. Let Edison, Franklin, Einstein, Vinci, and the rest do it when the time is right.