Sign in to follow this  
DocNiner

RB,WR,TE with QB Cousins

Now  that Cousins is in Atlanta what does that do for the offensive skill position players? Specifically, RB Robinson, WR London and TE Pitts. Is possible that all 3 of these players finish in the top 10 for their position? Which of these guys benefits the most with Cousins? First, London is no Justin Jefferson, so.whete do you slot him in your WR rankings? TE Pitts has basically been a disappointment so far and can he be the TE we thought he would be coming into the league with Cousins. Lastly, RB Bijan Robinson could end up being the best of these 3 guys and with the new coaching staff I think he's going to get a significant workload this year and he could easily be a top 10 RB thus year. I like to get you guys thoughts on these 3 players and how you think they'll fare this year with the upgrade at QB. Do you think all 3 will end up top 10 this year?

I think the offense will be better in general but it's not like Cousins is Mahomes or Allen. Keep in mind that he's also coming off of a very serious injury, especially for someone his age. He may not be the same for a while, if ever. 

Besides Bijan, I'm not reaching for anyone in that offense. 

2 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Now  that Cousins is in Atlanta what does that do for the offensive skill position players? Specifically, RB Robinson, WR London and TE Pitts. Is possible that all 3 of these players finish in the top 10 for their position? Which of these guys benefits the most with Cousins? First, London is no Justin Jefferson, so.whete do you slot him in your WR rankings? TE Pitts has basically been a disappointment so far and can he be the TE we thought he would be coming into the league with Cousins. Lastly, RB Bijan Robinson could end up being the best of these 3 guys and with the new coaching staff I think he's going to get a significant workload this year and he could easily be a top 10 RB thus year. I like to get you guys thoughts on these 3 players and how you think they'll fare this year with the upgrade at QB. Do you think all 3 will end up top 10 this year?

I was duped by all the Pitts hype, and drafted him on my dynasty team as a rookie.

He's been god awful as everyone knows.

It's difficult to think he won't be better with a better QB, system etc. However, he gave up a lot of targets and numbers to Jonnu Smith last season. That tells me that it's as much he sucks as it does it's the system.

2 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I think the offense will be better in general but it's not like Cousins is Mahomes or Allen. Keep in mind that he's also coming off of a very serious injury, especially for someone his age. He may not be the same for a while, if ever. 

Yeah the injury is a good point. Not sure of the timeline for getting back to full contact.

Pitts is what he is. Small bump maybe but nothing earth shattering.

London is an intriguing option. Could definitely see him taking a leap to 1,100 or 1,200 yards and 7-8 TDs. But he might be hyped up too where that’s already baked into his ADP.

Bijan could definitely end up a top RB. 

In non ppr last season B Robinson was a top ten rb.  So if used more often top five could be within reach.  

London I think could be a wr2.  

Pitts I hope falls into the double digit rounds, but I think he’s going to be a mid rd pick.  I think he has the possibility of being a top ten te this season.  

13 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I think the largest beneficiary should be London.

as for the injury, you have a point but an Achilles is not as huge a deal for a drop back QB who doesnt run with the football anyways.   what I'd look for in pre season is you want to make sure his mechanics look ok when throwing.    if they look good, I'd be ok with drafting him.   

given how bad the QB play was prior to Cousins arrival I'd add at least 10% and possibly 15 or 20% to all the pass catchers numbers from last year.

I agree with Weepaws in that you probably should draft London as a WR2.   WR1 is a little rich for a guy who is still largely unproven.

Just now, Ray_T said:

think the largest beneficiary should be London

He should be but the Cousins injury worries me. They also need reps to get some chemistry going. I'd take a shot on London but I certainly wouldn't reach. 

12 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

He should be but the Cousins injury worries me. They also need reps to get some chemistry going. I'd take a shot on London but I certainly wouldn't reach. 

I  am less concerned about it than most.     all this means is he wont be running the football any more than he did in the past. (which wasnt often anyways)

as long as his throwing motion is good and he can shuffle inside the pocket he will be ok.

On 3/23/2024 at 12:20 PM, weepaws said:

In non ppr last season B Robinson was a top ten rb.  So if used more often top five could be within reach.  

London I think could be a wr2.  

Pitts I hope falls into the double digit rounds, but I think he’s going to be a mid rd pick.  I think he has the possibility of being a top ten te this season.  

The hype with Pitts isn't going away. He may not be drafted up there with guys like Kelce or LaPorta, but once those top guys are gone, he will be next. Too many people will bank on the new QB and system with nothing really to lose with him vs a mediocre TE

I think there should be decent FF improvement with cousins and a new coaching staff for BR, LD, and KP, but cousin's numbers will come down

Hopefully I’ll see Cousins available in the double digit rounds. 

19 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I imagine he'll be available then. I just don't see a big rush to draft him early

46 minutes ago, weepaws said:

hes availabe there most years anyhow. the injury likely guarantees he is available

I think Bijan Robinson has the best chance to be top 10 at RB. The other 2 are still a little iffy. Shame that Pitts hasn't really pan out so far but he'll have a real shot at being top 15. London on the other hand, while talented, just don't see him being top10 even with a.new QB. Cousins is coming off a serious injury and not sure how he'll hold up all season. If he's out for any time then London and Pitts value drops significantly in production. Bijan would still get his but as.I see.it.I think Robinson's.the only one that.finishes top10.

17 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

I think Bijan Robinson has the best chance to be top 10 at RB. The other 2 are still a little iffy. Shame that Pitts hasn't really pan out so far but he'll have a real shot at being top 15. London on the other hand, while talented, just don't see him being top10 even with a.new QB. Cousins is coming off a serious injury and not sure how he'll hold up all season. If he's out for any time then London and Pitts value drops significantly in production. Bijan would still get his but as.I see.it.I think Robinson's.the only one that.finishes top10.

Bijan, barring injury, will just about be a top 10 RB by default. That's kind of how he was last season.

He was just a rookie, so maybe he will be better with experience, a better QB, HC, etc. That said, I didn't see the RB that everybody seemed to think he was gonna be last season.

Not that he's bad and won't get better, but it's still a bit of a wait and see.

Kyle Pitts is in a similar boat. He may finish as a top 10 TE kind of by default.

That's just the sad state of the RB and TE positions in modern day fantasy football. Top 10 at each means only marginally better numbers than the guys at the top of the waiver wire.

I think it's pretty simple that every atlanta skill position player gets a decent bump. Cousins doesn't need to be Mahomes. He is a very good NFL and Fantasy QB and such a huge improvement over that this offense has had since these young weapons came into the league. 

London - should get the biggest boost. Doesn't need to be Justin Jefferson. Jefferson is not the only receiving weapon Cousins has been able to utilize in his career.

Pitts - a small bump because he was already being drafted higher than he deserved in previous years based on unrealized potential but his production might be now or never as he finally has a legit QB. 

Robinson - hard to give an ADP bump to a guy people were falling all over themselves to draft in the first several picks. In terms of actual production, I think his biggest boost will come from the new offensive scheme. Of course, Cousins and the threat of an actual passing game will help open up lanes. 

Robinson was a top ten rb last season non ppr, with a better passing game I’m going to move up to #5.  

London is no Jefferson, but he’s their best option, but I can’t get him into the top ten, so I still see him as a wr2.  

Pitts I think gets a uptick, I think top ten for sure, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the top 6.  

10 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I think it's pretty simple that every atlanta skill position player gets a decent bump. Cousins doesn't need to be Mahomes. He is a very good NFL and Fantasy QB and such a huge improvement over that this offense has had since these young weapons came into the league. 

London - should get the biggest boost. Doesn't need to be Justin Jefferson. Jefferson is not the only receiving weapon Cousins has been able to utilize in his career.

Pitts - a small bump because he was already being drafted higher than he deserved in previous years based on unrealized potential but his production might be now or never as he finally has a legit QB. 

Robinson - hard to give an ADP bump to a guy people were falling all over themselves to draft in the first several picks. In terms of actual production, I think his biggest boost will come from the new offensive scheme. Of course, Cousins and the threat of an actual passing game will help open up lanes. 

not much to argue with here.   I 100% agree on London. hes due for a very good year.

Robinson will be better too.   anytime the offense as a whole is better, the numbers for the RB will also be better.    Especially in terms of TD

Pitts also better.  but Cousins isnt a QB known for utilizing his TE in a way to get top numbers but I do think he will recognize the talent and he will put up draftable numbers for sure.

Drake London is ultra talented and could finish top 12.

I would be happy if any of them landed in the top 100.