Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Literally Anybody Else for POTUS!

A Texas man says he believes anybody else should be president instead of the current Democratic and GOP frontrunners.

And he's taking things into his own hands and running a long shot race to prove a point — by changing his name to "Literally Anybody Else."

"America should not be stuck choosing between the 'King of Debt' (his self-declaration) and an 81-year old. Literally Anybody Else isn't a person, it's a rally cry," read Else's campaign website, referencing former President Donald Trump and President Joe Biden.

Else, 35, told Texan news outlet WFAA in an interview published on March 22 that his campaign wasn't about sending him to the White House.

The seventh-grade math teacher and US Army veteran said he wanted to give voters a chance to express their unhappiness with Trump's and Biden's candidacies.

"People are voting for the lesser of two evils, not someone they actually believe in or support," Else, whose original name was Dustin Ebey, told WFAA.

"People should have the option to vote for someone who resembles and represents them, not the lesser of two evils. I reject that," he added.

WFAA reported that it checked Tarrant County court records, and verified the man's name change.

Link

:doublethumbsup: 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

a bunch of anyone elses already ran, and lost

But hold on.....some rando-guy in Texas has an opinion, so everyone just needs to pump their brakes here....

You’d think people who vote for a clown would have a sense of humor. :( 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

What happened on March 20??? :lol: 

47 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Have fun tonight watching 

If he was a horse...

I don’t exactly disagree but it’s kind of a ghey emo attitude as well.

No there will not be a successful third party candidate. And if there was, apparently it would be RFK jr, who is batsh1t crazy.

So suck it up buttercup. You’ve got your choices. It’s the doddering old guy or the lunatic clown.

How gen x to whine it’s not that absolutely perfect candidate your mommy promised!! 😤😭

50 minutes ago, MDC said:

You’d think people who vote for a clown would have a sense of humor. :( 

If there’s one thing about Trump people they are into their guy and don’t take jokes. Fanatics…Like the Oakland A’s fan who goes to every game and beats on that drum in the OF.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t exactly disagree but it’s kind of a ghey emo attitude as well.

No there will not be a successful third party candidate. And if there was, apparently it would be RFK jr, who is batsh1t crazy.

So suck it up buttercup. You’ve got your choices. It’s the doddering old guy or the lunatic clown.

How gen x to whine it’s not that absolutely perfect candidate your mommy promised!! 😤😭

Here’s my way of thinking:

You could argue that Candidate X is better than Candidate Y, but the difference between them is small and the message it sends to the 2 major parties is that literally anyone they nominate will get 40-45% of the vote. So while letting Candidate X or Y win may be slightly better or worse in the short term, in the long term it just guarantees more unqualified crap candidates down the road. May as well burn it down right now. 

This idiot lives in Texas and he thinks both candidates are the same.  Someone tell him he shares a border with Mexico. 

38 minutes ago, MDC said:

Here’s my way of thinking:

You could argue that Candidate X is better than Candidate Y, but the difference between them is small and the message it sends to the 2 major parties is that literally anyone they nominate will get 40-45% of the vote. So while letting Candidate X or Y win may be slightly better or worse in the short term, in the long term it just guarantees more unqualified crap candidates down the road. May as well burn it down right now. 

I don’t think they’re that close.

In fact, I’d say that fallacy was put to bed in 2000

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t think they’re that close.

In fact, I’d say that fallacy was put to bed in 2000

In the end we get basically the same pro corporate pro foreign war anti labor, privacy, consumer policies. Both sides warning about the end of the republic if the other guy wins every 4 years. It’s exceedingly rare for any POTUS to do something of any real lasting consequence. 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

It’s exceedingly rare for any POTUS to do something of any real lasting consequence

I would say the border situation holds lasting consequence. Wouldn't you agree? 

7 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

100%, makes the decision incredibly easy. If you care about your country and all... :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

100%, makes the decision incredibly easy. If you care about your country and all... :dunno:

Trump 2024!! :first:

33 minutes ago, MDC said:

In the end we get basically the same pro corporate pro foreign war anti labor, privacy, consumer policies. Both sides warning about the end of the republic if the other guy wins every 4 years. It’s exceedingly rare for any POTUS to do something of any real lasting consequence. 

You could be right, but that line of thinking led me into voting for Nader as a young man, and I really do believe an Al Gore presidency would’ve been vastly different.

Since then, I dunno. 2008 if it was McCain there would’ve been no Obamacare, which I don’t actually love but it’s the closest to universal healthcare we were going to get.

2020, big deal with Biden doing infrastructure, competing with China, student debt forgiveness, etc. I do think there’s a real difference there. With Trump it would’ve just been more corporate tax cuts and undermining all our allies abroad for Putin’s benefit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

History should tell you neither party is serious about the border. HTH.

42 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You could be right, but that line of thinking led me into voting for Nader as a young man, and I really do believe an Al Gore presidency would’ve been vastly different.

Since then, I dunno. 2008 if it was McCain there would’ve been no Obamacare, which I don’t actually love but it’s the closest to universal healthcare we were going to get.

2020, big deal with Biden doing infrastructure, competing with China, student debt forgiveness, etc. I do think there’s a real difference there. With Trump it would’ve just been more corporate tax cuts and undermining all our allies abroad for Putin’s benefit.

That’s great stuff right there. One of your best. Lol. 

41 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Nader didn’t cost Gore the election, Gore did. Obummercare was bad legislation and I don’t care about Putin. So I personally don’t have many reasons to vote for either of these 2 parties. 

46 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Terrible take. 

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

History should tell you neither party is serious about the border

Fact, but one way less than the other. 

I’ve been thumbing through the history book and I can’t find anything about illegals being flown around the country and put up in hotels, given debit cards and fed and governors asking people to take them in because they are overwhelmed. But it’s all the same. 

4 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Fact, but one way less than the other. 

Let me know when one of them proposes absolutely lowering the hammer on businesses that hire illegals instead of playing whack a mole at the border. But neither will do that. One is owned by the donor class and the other one is the donor class and hires illegals himself. 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Let me know when one of them proposes absolutely lowering the hammer on businesses that hire illegals instead of playing whack a mole at the border. But neither will do that. One is owned by the donor class and the other one is the donor class and hires illegals himself. 

So you want to let in millions of illegals, and then attack American companies from hiring them through massive legislation. and court battles and arrests, and lawyers, and courts and whatever...?

Instead of, just not letting them in.?

Such a great approach. :wall:

17 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

So you want to let in millions of illegals, and then attack American companies from hiring them through massive legislation. and court battles and arrests, and lawyers, and courts and whatever...?

Instead of, just not letting them in.?

Such a great approach. :wall:

100% wrong. Your perfect record of failure on and offline continues! :first: 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

Let me know when one of them proposes absolutely lowering the hammer on businesses that hire illegals

How about not letting them in, or even deporting them?? What a novel concept. 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

He doesn't understand that. But he's trying hard to win something. 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I think MDC’s point is neither party is really all that interested in actually addressing the issue. The Rs just use it to get rubes like you worked up 

Just now, IGotWorms said:

think MDC’s point is neither party is really all that interested in actually addressing the issue. 

No, but it's Joe Biden's job to fix it. 

Every answer is "well Trump", "well Trump". Who gives a shizz, Joe Biden F'd it up, now fix it. 

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I think MDC’s point is neither party is really all that interested in actually addressing the issue. The Rs just use it to get rubes like you worked up 

Worms is right. The D’s don’t care and the R’s use the issue to rile up the stupids, who are amply represented in this thread. 

So you think Trumps handling of the border and Bidens are fairly similar? 

Just now, MDC said:

Worms is right. The D’s don’t care and the R’s use the issue to rile up the stupids, who are amply represented in this thread. 

Who's the President? 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

No, but it's Joe Biden's job to fix it. 

Every answer is "well Trump", "well Trump". Who gives a shizz, Joe Biden F'd it up, now fix it. 

lol Joe Biden didn’t create illegal immigration.

And nobody has fixed it.

Biden did have that bill that might’ve gone a long way, but the republicans didn’t want it. Because they aren’t actually interested in winning on the border — if that happened, it would be removed as an issue to rile up rubes like you

• Haha 1

lol Joe Biden didn’t create illegal immigration.

He just enhanced it to the maximum he could do so far.