Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Malik Nabers may be the first receiver taken.

4.35 at pro day with that route running skill set. :shocking:

And after what Odunze showed off, Harrison may drop a few picks. 

He's 6' tall, so heck, maybe the Cards will take him after all.  You would think that a team who had a WR Mount Rushmore receiver in Fitz would understand the importance of size, but no, they keep drafting small fast guys instead of true X types. :(

I love Odunze (who has X size), having lived in PAC 12 country and watched him more than most.

This is why I'd love the cards to trade down a few picks and still grab one.

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

He's 6' tall, so heck, maybe the Cards will take him after all.  You would think that a team who had a WR Mount Rushmore receiver in Fitz would understand the importance of size, but no, they keep drafting small fast guys instead of true X types. :(

I love Odunze (who has X size), having lived in PAC 12 country and watched him more than most.

Your point is well made but Nabers is phenominal in his technique. Not simply a speed receiver. I do think they play it safe and take Harrison, but it has to be a tough decision. I'm hoping Odunze or Nabers drops to 9. :banana:

6 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Your point is well made but Nabers is phenominal in his technique. Not simply a speed receiver. I do think they play it safe and take Harrison, but it has to be a tough decision. I'm hoping Odunze or Nabers drops to 9. :banana:

Do you expect da Bears to draft a WR?  They seem set there, with plenty of more pressing needs.

Nabers is 200 lbs so maybe he can be an Anquan Boldin type beast, honestly I don't know enough about him.  I just want the Cards to stop drafting fast little guys.

31 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I agree would be perfect if they want a WR.  To my eye.  

The thing people forget is these teams dont see these players the same.  There is no concrete board.   They pay scouts they pay GMs and many times believe in them.  So whatever they see they have to do.  

For QBs especially...I see people say oh such and such a team could trade down and draft Nix.  When you are doing you mock drafts thats a cool thought.  What if they don't like Nix?  Then that isnt an option.  You dont just trade down and be like well we will still get a QB thats decent.  

I myself do like the top 3 WRs.  Harrison may not live up to the hype but he will be good.  Nabers is electric.   Odunze seems like great all around WR.   But if they just absolutely love Harrsion more than the other 2....you sorta cant settle and go against your scouting.  But it would be a great opportunity, possibly, if they look for it because I bet they would get offers.  

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I agree would be perfect if they want a WR.  To my eye.  

The thing people forget is these teams dont see these players the same.  There is no concrete board.   They pay scouts they pay GMs and many times believe in them.  So whatever they see they have to do.  

For QBs especially...I see people say oh such and such a team could trade down and draft Nix.  When you are doing you mock drafts thats a cool thought.  What if they don't like Nix?  Then that isnt an option.  You dont just trade down and be like well we will still get a QB thats decent.  

I myself do like the top 3 WRs.  Harrison may not live up to the hype but he will be good.  Nabers is electric.   Odunze seems like great all around WR.   But if they just absolutely love Harrsion more than the other 2....you sorta cant settle and go against your scouting.  But it would be a great opportunity, possibly, if they look for it because I bet they would get offers.  

The new regime (Monti Ossenfort GM) seems more of a wheeler/dealer.  I agree with you that if they think Harrison is a transcendent player above and beyond the other WRs they'll just draft him.  Honestly, the draft of Paris Johnson at OT early last year was a safe, meh pick.  But maybe they'll roll the dice and trade down a few spots if there are takers.  I think one of the top 3 QBs will have to be there to make it happen, but we'll see.

Also agree on QB.  That position is way different than WR or others, where you can put more weight on measurables.  A QB is either "your guy" or not.  :thumbsup: 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The new regime (Monti Ossenfort GM) seems more of a wheeler/dealer.  I agree with you that if they think Harrison is a transcendent player above and beyond the other WRs they'll just draft him.  Honestly, the draft of Paris Johnson at OT early last year was a safe, meh pick.  But maybe they'll roll the dice and trade down a few spots if there are takers.  I think one of the top 3 QBs will have to be there to make it happen, but we'll see.

Also agree on QB.  That position is way different than WR or others, where you can put more weight on measurables.  A QB is either "your guy" or not.  :thumbsup: 

If they sat at 3 a trade may be gravy.  

Bears got lucky.  If Panthers ended with thr 2 pick the Bears may still have Fields.   

Im not one for tanking.  But sucks to miss out on 1 spot come this time of year.   You never know what the landscape will be sitting in December.  

How do Cards fans feel about Murray.  I honestly dont care for him, but looks like Cards are all in on trying to male that work.  Hes already running less.  That takes away from his game already.  

27 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

If they sat at 3 a trade may be gravy.  

Bears got lucky.  If Panthers ended with thr 2 pick the Bears may still have Fields.   

Im not one for tanking.  But sucks to miss out on 1 spot come this time of year.   You never know what the landscape will be sitting in December.  

How do Cards fans feel about Murray.  I honestly dont care for him, but looks like Cards are all in on trying to male that work.  Hes already running less.  That takes away from his game already.  

They are saying they are committed to him, but then again, they would have to say that.  Like you, I'm not sold on him, but he's objectively done quite well in his time here.  Last year he was 3-5 when he came back; the team was 1-7 without him, and the roster totally sucked.  

Part of me says that if one of the top 3 QBs drops to them, they might draft him.  But I don't think that makes sense.  If they thought such a guy was "the" guy, they'd trade up to get him.  So I think they'd trade out as I outlined above.

Regarding the top QBs:  I think Williams is a prima donna in the long line of USC QBs.  I watched Daniels for 3 years up close at ASU and he just isn't that good, certainly at the pro level.  Maye has the highest upside and I wouldn't mind going in on him.  

Has the potential to be exciting, but I expect those three QBs to go in the top 3 and the Cards to ho hum draft Harrison.

I watched several games of Harrison, and I don't see exactly what everyone else sees.

He's incredibly strong.  He fights through contact to catch contested balls.  He has incredible body control so he can contort to catch passes.  Elite release off the line.

But he also will give you nothing after the catch.  He seems to be worried about getting hurt more than YAC.  He isn't as smooth or explosive out of breaks as Nabers, so even when he gets separation, the window of separation closes quickly.

In the NFL, it's about getting separation and less about contested catches ever since they stopped letting DBs hold.

Nabers is getting hyped up like crazy now, but he has his own warts.  His release against press coverage isn't good, and he's seen most of his production from the slot.

I think this wr class is good for sure, but it's being over hyped.  And if MHJ was named Billy Johnson, I don't think he'd be getting this much hype.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

No 

I get it. It's a popular take by you. I think it more depends on the team who picks WR first in my mind. Nabers has been putting on a quality show. 42" verticle. 4.35 40. Strong lower body built kind of compared to Percy Harvin type guy. Harrison doesn't do any kind of work outs. 

You took the easy road and if Harrison isn't picked as WR1, you'll just bail out and say the team made a wrong decision. :dunno:

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

You took the easy road and if Harrison isn't picked as WR1, you'll just bail out and say the team made a wrong decision

No, I have the 1.02 in a dynasty rookie draft. I couldn't be in a better spot. I'm getting either Nabers or Harrison. Both studs

How exactly am I taking the easy road?? 

6 hours ago, nobody said:

I watched several games of Harrison, and I don't see exactly what everyone else sees.

He's incredibly strong.  He fights through contact to catch contested balls.  He has incredible body control so he can contort to catch passes.  Elite release off the line.

But he also will give you nothing after the catch.  He seems to be worried about getting hurt more than YAC.  He isn't as smooth or explosive out of breaks as Nabers, so even when he gets separation, the window of separation closes quickly.

In the NFL, it's about getting separation and less about contested catches ever since they stopped letting DBs hold.

Nabers is getting hyped up like crazy now, but he has his own warts.  His release against press coverage isn't good, and he's seen most of his production from the slot.

I think this wr class is good for sure, but it's being over hyped.  And if MHJ was named Billy Johnson, I don't think he'd be getting this much hype.

He's a chain mover and that can be hugely important. Watched them play Penn State and they doubled him and he still kept getting pass after pass for 1st downs. I'm talking about Harrison.

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

No, I have the 1.02 in a dynasty rookie draft. I couldn't be in a better spot. I'm getting either Nabers or Harrison. Both studs

How exactly am I taking the easy road?? 

Didn't know you were talking fantasy. :dunno:

But even in that case, it depends on the team for me.

I'm in two long time leagues. One player contract auction league and one superflex dynasty. I'm picking second I think in my dynasty because I had both QBs go down for the year last year. Fantasy hell...

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Didn't know you were talking fantasy. :dunno:

But even in that case, it depends on the team for me.

I'm in two long time leagues. One player contract auction league and one superflex dynasty. I'm picking second I think in my dynasty because I had both QBs go down for the year last year. Fantasy hell...

Don't get me wrong, in Superfex Dynasty Rookie drafts it's Caleb Williams 100% of the time. 

In non-superflex rookie drafts It gets cloudy for me if a team like the Giants drafts Harrison and The Chargers draft Nabers. In that case I'm taking Nabers over Harrison. If Harrison goes to the Cardinals or another decent situation then it's Harrison all day. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Don't get me wrong, in Superfex Dynasty Rookie drafts it's Caleb Williams 100% of the time. 

In non-superflex rookie drafts It gets cloudy for me if a team like the Giants drafts Harrison and The Chargers draft Nabers. In that case I'm taking Nabers over Harrison. If Harrison goes to the Cardinals or another decent situation then it's Harrison all day. 

I do like Harrison in Arizona but if I were Arizona I would be entertaining trade back offers big time. 

5 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I do like Harrison in Arizona but if I were Arizona I would be entertaining trade back offers big time. 

Yeah, Harrison is the better prospect but for Fantasy purposes it's probably going to come down to landing spot for me. 

Both are studs, there's no wrong answer. 

15 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

He's a chain mover and that can be hugely important. Watched them play Penn State and they doubled him and he still kept getting pass after pass for 1st downs. I'm talking about Harrison.

All his routes are on YouTube for that game.  They only really doubled him a few times.  He did show some good separation though in this video.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nobody said:

All his routes are on YouTube for that game.  They only really doubled him a few times.  He did show some good separation though in this video.  

I was talking about 2022 when they played against him when the also had Joey Porter Jr.

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Ladd McConkey is the best receiver of this class.

Maybe, probably not.  Everyone is looking for the next Cooper Kupp or Edelman.  Cards wasted a pick on one, many others have as well.  It's one thing to be a weapon on a great team with superior talent across the board against overmatched opponents.  It's another to do it in the big man's league, where the teams are all comparable and the defense is full of freakishly talented men looking to destroy you.

I don't know enough him to say if he has the cerebral capabilities to do it, but he won't go in the first round.

10 hours ago, nobody said:

Who’s the dik with the Maserati marv shitt? 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Maybe, probably not.  Everyone is looking for the next Cooper Kupp or Edelman.  Cards wasted a pick on one, many others have as well.  It's one thing to be a weapon on a great team with superior talent across the board against overmatched opponents.  It's another to do it in the big man's league, where the teams are all comparable and the defense is full of freakishly talented men looking to destroy you.

I don't know enough him to say if he has the cerebral capabilities to do it, but he won't go in the first round.

You are just saying this all because hes white.   Hes not a perfect prospect.  Short arms.  But I think hes going to be good.  

You are talking about Andy Isabella.  He went to UMass.  McConkey played against the best defenses in the nation on the biggest stages.  A tad different.   

Whether he goes at the end of the 1st or not, I am not sure.  Hes going to be a good player for a while.  

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

You are just saying this all because hes white.   Hes not a perfect prospect.  Short arms.  But I think hes going to be good.  

You are talking about Andy Isabella.  He went to UMass.  McConkey played against the best defenses in the nation on the biggest stages.  A tad different.   

Whether he goes at the end of the 1st or not, I am not sure.  Hes going to be a good player for a while.  

If you have a better black comp, feel free to introduce him.  

Yes, I'm talking about Isabella.  McConkey also played for the best team in the SEC, maybe CFB, with Bowers and a bunch of NFL prospects on the line.  

I'll remind you that my comment was regarding him being the best WR in the draft.  If you agree with that, please defend it.  It doesn't seem like you will though, since you called him a "good player for a while." :dunno: 

12 hours ago, jerryskids said:

If you have a better black comp, feel free to introduce him.  

Yes, I'm talking about Isabella.  McConkey also played for the best team in the SEC, maybe CFB, with Bowers and a bunch of NFL prospects on the line.  

I'll remind you that my comment was regarding him being the best WR in the draft.  If you agree with that, please defend it.  It doesn't seem like you will though, since you called him a "good player for a while." :dunno: 

Comps are tricky.   But I dont see Kupp or Edleman like McConkey.  Maybe more so Edleman.  But McConkey isnt a slot only.  Cooper Kupp is 6'2 ran a 4.62.   McConkey is a top athlete.  

Those 2 went to Kent St and Eastern Washington.   McConkey was playing against the best defenders in the country.   

This all doesnt mean McConkey will go on to be as good as either.  But they aren't really similar prospects from skillsets down to competition and big game experience. 

No I couldn't say he will be the best.  He could.  But not probable.   The top 3-5 guys would all have to not reach their full potential.    I will say Edleman would end up being the best or at least one of the best WRs in various drafts.  Lots of busts or guys who have been real lackluster.   I do think McConkey is cant miss in terms of at least being a good football player for years.  High floor and I think some people still underestimate his ceiling.   His route running along with his athletic gifts are going to translate.  His ceiling is Edleman who is faster and can also go on the outside.  That would be a pretty damn good player.  

I know you were talking to 90s about the best claim.   I was just pushing the convo further off of your response.   I figured we all knew why 90s madenthat claim lol

https://x.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1764041673489744347?s=20

I dont know how to embed anymore.  Virtually the same physical tools Wilson.  

I saw someone compare McConkey to Antonio Brown.  

These are all really high comparisons and why I think its hard to really comp guys.  McConkey is actually a difficult comp anyways.  Garrett Wilson is actually the best one.  Wilson is probably better after the ball is in his hands.  

15 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Ladd McConkey is the best receiver of this class.

You mean Hunter Renfrow? 

6 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

You mean Hunter Renfrow? 

Renfrow ran a 4.59.  You guys are bad at this.  

Renfrow did have a really good year.  Not sure what happened to him.  Maybe was a fluke.  

55 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Renfrow ran a 4.59.  You guys are bad at this.  

Renfrow did have a really good year.  Not sure what happened to him.  Maybe was a fluke.  

Yeah McConkey's 30 receptions and 478 yards is elite!!!! 

Are you serious??? He'll be lucky if he's Renfrow. 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Adam Thielen was an undrafted free agent. I'm sure you had him pegged as a soon to be top 50 WR of all time when he was in college.

Dude, get over yourself. You are a typical fantasy football "I know everything" tough guy actor. It's tiring. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Stat boy stat boy whatcha gonna do

11 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Dude, get over yourself. You are a typical fantasy football "I know everything" tough guy actor. It's tiring. 

I win leagues because I know what I'm talking about Cuzzo. 

So go ahead, tell the Bears to draft Maye instead of Caleb Williams and McConkley over Nabers. Let's see how that goes for them both. 

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

So go ahead, tell the Bears to draft Maye instead of Caleb Williams and McConkley over Nabers. Let's see how that goes for them both. 

Like I said, typical. 

There's 20 guys on the fantady board on this site alone that pass along the bull. 

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Stat boy stat boy whatcha gonna do

30 receptions Cuzzin. That's only 30 more than you had 😂

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Other than 90s saying he will be the best WR as a 1 off post....no one is saying draft him over Nabers.  

You don't need to make things up

Doesn't make great sense after Hollywood but wasn't his deal 1 year?  

But watch Chiefs draft McConkey.  

51 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Adam Thielen was an undrafted free agent. I'm sure you had him pegged as a soon to be top 50 WR of all time when he was in college.

I’m pretty sure I can name 50 better WR’s than Adam Thielen. Probably 100