How do feel about immigration?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How do feel about immigration?

• I am 100% pro immigration for anyone
    • Pro immigration if done legally
    • Against immigration but whatever
    • Close the.borders and take care of ourselves

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

How about you just link to the post where I said immigrants didn't build this country?  That's right, I didn't.

White protestant immigrants

9 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

White protestant immigrants

Well that’s bullshit right there anyway. My grandfather worked on the Empire State Building before he got deported. And then there’s all the Irish on the railroads. And the ones that built New Orleans out of a swamp.  Never mind the countless war heroes. Many if not most medals of honor for the Irish Catholics. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well that’s bullshit right there anyway. My grandfather worked on the Empire State Building before he got deported. And then there’s all the Irish on the railroads. And the ones that built New Orleans out of a swamp.  Never mind the countless war heroes. Many if not most medals of honor for the Irish Catholics. 

Take it up with Jerry, that was his argument against me.

4 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

I know.  

And never mind the Catholic Italians that came  here , the greatest masons in the world. 

12 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

I love this for the Pedocrat Cultists 🌈 

46 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

You claim to have listened to that podcast but you have gone full retard on this.

My point was that you were wrong about our long history of immigration.  We have a long history of controlled entry of white protestants from Britain and Germany.  In the early 1900s we started letting in Catholics and Jews, for which I'm grateful, because my Polish, Slovak, and Italian Catholic ancestors all came in that window.  But then the white protestants didn't like that, so they changed the rules.  It wasn't until the Immigration Act of 1965, almost within my lifetime, that we basically opened things up to others.  

So this idyllic idea of "oooh, Statue of Liberty, give me your tired... we've always welcomed everyone$#@!" is horseshiot.

ETA:  And I'm being kind with a description of "wrong."  If you actually did listen to that podcast, you are either lying or stupid.

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You claim to have listened to that podcast but you have gone full retard on this.

My point was that you were wrong about our long history of immigration.  We have a long history of controlled entry of white protestants from Britain and Germany.  In the early 1900s we started letting in Catholics and Jews, for which I'm grateful, because my Polish, Slovak, and Italian Catholic ancestors all came in that window.  But then the white protestants didn't like that, so they changed the rules.  It wasn't until the Immigration Act of 1965, almost within my lifetime, that we basically opened things up to others.  

So this idyllic idea of "oooh, Statue of Liberty, give me your tired... we've always welcomed everyone$#@!" is horseshiot.

ETA:  And I'm being kind with a description of "wrong."  If you actually did listen to that podcast, you are either lying or stupid.

The first thing I told you about what struck me about the podcast was the disdain people had for immigrants.  I thought it was a recent phenomena but it's not.

We're on the same page but for whatever reason you just wanna act like a douche. Enjoy.

50 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I love this for the Pedocrat Cultists 🌈 

I heard a commercial today on the radio. Biden said his #1 goal of his first term was to "save democracy". 

Do these liberals even know WTF they are talking about anymore? They are lost in their own stupidity. 

1 hour ago, double tour said:

I heard a commercial today on the radio. Biden said his #1 goal of his first term was to "save democracy". 

Do these liberals even know WTF they are talking about anymore? They are lost in their own stupidity. 

The push from the left is towards Communism.  It's not Democracy.

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

The first thing I told you about what struck me about the podcast was the disdain people had for immigrants.  I thought it was a recent phenomena but it's not.

We're on the same page but for whatever reason you just wanna act like a douche. Enjoy.

I feel like you are acting the doosh, we can agree to disagree on that.

And yes, there has always been that disdain for immigrants, at least the non-white-protestant ones.  That was my point.

There will always be a fear of unknown cultures, that's perfectly understandable.  The question is:  is it justified?   Countries like Sweden might look at their Somali gangs and think... maybe notsomuch.  Just because we've had past success with our controlled immigration, doesn't mean that letting in all immigrants today is a good thing.

Trying to steer this in a more productive direction:  what was your thought on Canada and their focus on education/productivity of immigrants vs. family?

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

The Statue of Liberty poetry isn’t horsesh!t; it’s an ideal. Like the preamble to the Constitution, it’s represents aspiration for us to become a more perfect Union. We don’t always live up to the ideal, but we’ve actually done a better job at immigration and racial diversity than any nation in world history. That’s why, despite our faults, we remain the greatest nation that has ever existed, 

But we shouldn’t turn our back on this ideal in the name of security or racial cohesion or even economic concerns. When we do we lose just a little of our greatness, IMO. 

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

The Statue of Liberty poetry isn’t horsesh!t; it’s an ideal. Like the preamble to the Constitution, it’s represents aspiration for us to become a more perfect Union. We don’t always live up to the ideal, but we’ve actually done a better job at immigration and racial diversity than any nation in world history. That’s why, despite our faults, we remain the greatest nation that has ever existed, 

But we shouldn’t turn our back on this ideal in the name of security or racial cohesion or even economic concerns. When we do we lose just a little of our greatness, IMO. 

Ok. So you want to live in the past and not adjust according to how our country has grown over the years. Let's go back to how things were in 1885. :thumbsup:

Get a clue. Time to shut the borders. Completely. 

4 hours ago, double tour said:

Ok. So you want to live in the past and not adjust according to how our country has grown over the years. Let's go back to how things were in 1885. :thumbsup:

Shut up peefoam.

4 hours ago, double tour said:

Take your ban like the little girl you are and stay away Peafoam.

Everyone is glad you're gone, even your fellow cultist morons can't stand you. 

13 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Shut up peefoam.

Shut up Gutterboy

5 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Take your ban like the little girl you are and stay away Ravens fan 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Here's an idea boyo, how about you spend a few days a week, heck a few hours a day away from this cesspool?

You literally post 18 hours a day 50x a day.

It's honestly pathetic, particularly if you have younger kids.

Get your priorities straight boyo, I think you're probably a decent guy beneath it all but man you drank the orange cool aide so bigly it's consumed your life.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Here's an idea boyo, how about you spend a few days a week, heck a few hours a day away from this cesspool?

You literally post 18 hours a day 50x a day.

It's honestly pathetic, particularly if you have younger kids.

Get your priorities straight boyo, I think you're probably a decent guy beneath it all but man you drank the orange cool aide so bigly it's consumed your life.  

Ok Ravens Fan

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok Ravens Fan

I'm just trying to help boyo.

You spend way way way more time on there then a man should who has a young family.  You are such a cuck for Trump that you can't even break away from this cultist cesspool for a few days. 

Ask anyone what they think.

6 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I'm just trying to help boyo.

You spend way way way more time on there then a man should who has a young family.  You are such a cuck for Trump that you can't even break away from this cultist cesspool for a few days. 

Ask anyone what they think.

Sure thing Wade Garrett

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

'boyo'. 🤣

Anyone wonder why the FBG doors closed?  They just can't stop. Even daddy Joe hated his own kind. 

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

Shut up peefoam.

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

10 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

If you want to argue that we are better off with the Palestinian State of Dearborn, go right ahead.  Just don't act like that is reverting to the good old days.

27 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

If you want to argue that we are better off with the Palestinian State of Dearborn, go right ahead.  Just don't act like that is reverting to the good old days.

Of course we’re better off for having them. It’s not even a question. And yes it’s part of our tradition. 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Of course we’re better off for having them. It’s not even a question. And yes it’s part of our tradition. 

Not a fan of the "Death to America" chants in Dearborn.

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

We've clearly established that it is NOT part of our tradition, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are being obtuse and not stupid.  Carry on with Tim World, if you ever want to discuss this in the real world, let me know.  :thumbsup: 

Just now, jerryskids said:

We've clearly established that it is NOT part of our tradition, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are being obtuse and not stupid.  Carry on with Tim World, if you ever want to discuss this in the real world, let me know.  :thumbsup: 

I think YOURE being obtuse. I don’t agree with your arguments, though that’s nothing new.

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I think YOURE being obtuse. I don’t agree with your arguments, though that’s nothing new.

He tried making the same argument with me, that we don't have a long history or ideals of immigration, then he accused me of drinking, being a liar, and being stupid.  Then it was not worth engaging.

2 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

He tried making the same argument with me, that we don't have a long history or ideals of immigration, then he accused me of drinking, being a liar, and being stupid.  Then it was not worth engaging.

You listened to the same podcast with the same data, and this is your response?  And I'm being obtuse.

I'm sorry the data doesn't fit your liberal worldview.  Carry on.

2 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

then he accused me of drinking

I think he said your wife is a drunk, not you. But I think it was directed at Timmay, not you. 

"Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled white protestants yearning to be free.  Oh, and some Chinese slave labor to build the railroads."  -- original inscription on the Statue of Liberty

Tim thinks Planet Fitness declaring it a no judgement zone is a law. 

Denver gonna defund the police and fire departments to help pay for the illegals.  Someone tell me why we have to pay for the illegals???

7 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Again, it was a very specific congregation of immigrants until 1965.  Now all we take is stupid third worlders with dumb religions.

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Again, it was a very specific congregation of immigrants until 1965.  Now all we take is stupid third worlders with dumb religions.

And their hatred for America.

22 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

You are such a cuck

I love this for all the Cultist Pedocrat BOYOS. 🌈 

How does this even get organized?  They just coincidently show up at the same time?