Sign in to follow this  
Ron_Artest

States leaving Biden off the ballot

I am unfamiliar with Alabam's legislative calendar.   My state has a limited calendar ending thier legislative session in early May.  The Governor would have to call the legislature back into special session to pass a law allowing the Secretary of State to extend an election deadline.  Even then there would be complications as the printer has a contract and that contract has performance dates written into it.  Changing those perform by dates would likely involve greater compensation to the printer.  It might also involve elimination of a proofreading step meaning millions of mail in ballots could go out with typographical errors.  

This is all just inside baseball as they say.  Accomodations will be reached.  Cooler heads will prevail.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Why should they change their laws for Biden? This is the first time anyone has screwed up on this. If you are too stupid to make the deadlines, you are too stupid to be president.

The Republican National Convention came after the same deadline in 2020, but the Legislature passed a bill to allow ballot access.

• Like 1

Why should they change their laws for Biden? This is the first time anyone has screwed up on this. If you are too stupid to make the deadlines, you are too stupid to be president.

The Trump campaign got this wrong and was accomodated by the Alabama legislature  just recently.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

The Trump campaign got this wrong and was accomodated by the Alabama legislature  just recently.

I didn’t know that, link.

I didn’t know that, link.

It's the first link in this thread 🤣

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

He was already ruled to be an incompetent old man by the DOJ.

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

First link in the thread.  House Bill 272 from 2020.

But that bill should still be in place

Just now, Baker Boy said:

But that bill should still be in place

In it the legislature noted this was a one time accomodation not to be repeated.

2 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

He was already ruled to be an incompetent old man by the DOJ.

Lie.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

In it the legislature noted this was a one time accomodation not to be repeated.

I guess that law is very clear.

4 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Lie.

The report, which declined to bring charges against Biden, characterized him as an "elderly man" with a "poor memory" who couldn't remember when his son died or when he was vice president.

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I guess that law is very clear.

An Act,  Relating to general elections; to revise deadlines  for candidates to qualify for the November 3, 2020, general  election schedule to accommodate the dates of the 2020  Republican National Convention; and to provide that this is a  one time occurrence. (emphasis added, though logically it need not have been since it related to the November 3 2020 election only).

Now if the Legislature wished to make a similar accomodation even though they previously indicated they would not one might presume they could do so faster and easier than last time as they have this road map on how to write this up.  The hard legal work, the drafting work is alreaady done.

31 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

This was the Hur report.  Hur later testified that he did not believe Biden was senile, he did remember the date, and he never said he was "an incompetant old man"

Isn't OP the same retard that was praising Colorado for doing the same thing with Trump?

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, you're an idiot.   In both of these cases, the states are telling the DNC multiple months in advance that their convention is past the deadline to be on the ballot.  What the libtards in Colorado and Maine did, was convict Trump on a crime he was never charged with.  Here, all the DNC has to do is file paperwork and there is no issue.

You & your facts🙄

Heretic 🤬

On 4/10/2024 at 2:47 PM, iam90sbaby said:

Isn't OP the same retard that was praising Colorado for doing the same thing with Trump?

I think the "doing it back" approach is not where we should be.  The Democrats are children, even worse they are corrupt election interferers.  We should not lower ourselves to their despicable behaviors.

They expect it of course, they already know what they are and have done; hence their apprehension toward Trump getting revenge....they worry because they know that is exactly what they have done, would do.

Its not fair......they are like the younger sibling who constantly gets to hit you and you do nothing back.....but I believe good will win over evil.  Lets not lose ourselves......

On 4/10/2024 at 2:47 PM, iam90sbaby said:

They tried to keep trump off the ballot for some stupid made up reason. 

This seems to be a real law. And sure they did a one-time exception, but it's still a law that the dumbfocks in both parties should know about.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 10:55 AM, weepaws said:

Agreed.  No matter which one of these two party’s is n control the next four years, the US is going to suffer, and might not exist.  

*parties

6 hours ago, RLLD said:

I think the "doing it back" approach is not where we should be.  The Democrats are children, even worse they are corrupt election interferers.  We should not lower ourselves to their despicable behaviors.

They expect it of course, they already know what they are and have done; hence their apprehension toward Trump getting revenge....they worry because they know that is exactly what they have done, would do.

Its not fair......they are like the younger sibling who constantly gets to hit you and you do nothing back.....but I believe good will win over evil.  Lets not lose ourselves......

That's the thing... they're not "doing it back", they're in fact, taking the high road.  They're giving the Democrats a 4 month heads up that their date is past the states deadline.  Democrats in CO ruled in court, that Trump was guilty of a crime he was never charged with and thus, required a Supreme Court ruling.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's the thing... they're not "doing it back", they're in fact, taking the high road.  They're giving the Democrats a 4 month heads up that their date is past the states deadline.  Democrats in CO ruled in court, that Trump was guilty of a crime he was never charged with and thus, required a Supreme Court ruling.

You really think the DNC is gonna move their convention date for these states?

1 minute ago, Ron_Artest said:

You really think the DNC is gonna move their convention date for these states?

So you think it's ok for people to ignore deadlines set by states in regards to their laws?

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So you think it's ok for people to ignore deadlines set by states in regards to their laws?

I'm sure the convention scheduling process is quite arduous.  In the past when the GOP convention was scheduled past the Alabama date, Alabama moved their date.  They're not doing so with the DNC.  In Washington, they are giving them a workaround.  So the precedent has been set that it's not a big deal to miss the state deadlines, states work around in.  For Ohio and Alabama, they are indicating they will not give any exceptions.  That's not "taking the high road", that is political sticking it to them.

13 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

I'm sure the convention scheduling process is quite arduous.  In the past when the GOP convention was scheduled past the Alabama date, Alabama moved their date.  They're not doing so with the DNC.  In Washington, they are giving them a workaround.  So the precedent has been set that it's not a big deal to miss the state deadlines, states work around in.  For Ohio and Alabama, they are indicating they will not give any exceptions.  That's not "taking the high road", that is political sticking it to them.

Oh, they indicated that they will not give any exceptions?  I didn't know that!!  O.M.G.!!!

Wow you're a moron.  LOL

As for my question: "So you think it's ok for people to ignore deadlines set by states in regards to their laws?"  You're response is "Yes"?

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, they indicated that they will not give any exceptions?  I didn't know that!!  O.M.G.!!!

Wow you're a moron.  LOL

As for my question: "So you think it's ok for people to ignore deadlines set by states in regards to their laws?"  You're response is "Yes"?

You said earlier in the thread that all the DNC had to do was file paperwork.  You were wrong.

Yes, I don't see why the state deadlines are a big deal.  They have been broken in the past and there have been workarounds.

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

You said earlier in the thread that all the DNC had to do was file paperwork.  You were wrong.

Yes, I don't see why the state deadlines are a big deal.  They have been broken in the past and there have been workarounds.

LOL, gtfoh.  My use of the phrase "paper work" was to indicate that it was a simple matter.  You're the one blaming states for doing something they didn't even do yet, because your leftist outlets said they were going to do it.  So fock off with your bs trying to blame the Republicans for doing something your scumbag party did and having a holier than thou attitude about it.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, gtfoh.  My use of the phrase "paper work" was to indicate that it was a simple matter.  You're the one blaming states for doing something they didn't even do yet, because your leftist outlets said they were going to do it.  So fock off with your bs trying to blame the Republicans for doing something your scumbag party did and having a holier than thou attitude about it.

The DNC never tried to keep Trump off a ballot, retard.