Sign in to follow this  
edjr

The Masters/Augusta - The most white male privileged place in American history?

The Masters, a private golf tournament hosted by Augusta National Golf Club, did not allow Black golfers to compete until 1975, when Lee Elder became the first Black competitor. The club also had a policy that required all caddies to be Black, and only Black golfers were allowed to compete until 1983. The club didn't admit its first Black member until 1990, and women weren't allowed to join until 2012. As of 2020, there are at least seven Black members, including former U.S. Secretary of State Condi Rice and former Pittsburgh Steeler Lynn Swann.

Yet there are still female only gyms and black only colleges.  Why the hypocrisy? 

16 minutes ago, edjr said:

Yet there are still female only gyms and black only colleges.  Why the hypocrisy? 

I’m sure if it bothers you , you can call your self a  female black woman, you would fit right in .  

Just now, weepaws said:

I’m sure if it bothers you , you can call your self a  female black woman, you would fit right in .  

:wub: 

35 minutes ago, edjr said:

The only aspect of that which I find to be disturbing is requiring all caddies to be black.  Seems pretty focked up in multiple ways.  On one hand, it allows the rich white males to play slave owner whenever they golf.... while at the same time keeping poorer white guys from making (most likely) decent money as caddies at such a prestigious place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

The only aspect of that which I find to be disturbing is requiring all caddies to be black.  Seems pretty focked up in multiple ways.  On one hand, it allows the rich white males to play slave owner whenever they golf.... while at the same time keeping poorer white guys from making (most likely) decent money as caddies at such a prestigious place. 

I wouldn’t support the game until that changes, but you won’t.  Talk is cheap.  You running for office?  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

I wouldn’t support the game until that changes, but you won’t.  Talk is cheap.  You running for office?  

the club HAD a policy... past tense.  I know English isn't your first language and reading is your kryptonite but take it easy, little guy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Lol.  You babbling goofball

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, weepaws said:

🤡

Hard to imagine that a game run by white rich men, who don’t like woman, so they must be ghey, and use black peoples to clean up, has so much support. Shame. 

So they allow blacks and wimmen.   What's the problem?

no Jews?

I think Condeleza Rice was the first woman to become a member. 

6 hours ago, edjr said:

Yet there are still … black only colleges.  Why the hypocrisy? 

Are there?  I thought anyone could go to an HBCU

Do you know what's great?

Augusta National is literally in the hood. Just outside of the gates is nothing but low income hood. Augusta is disgusting yet has the most beautiful Golf Course in America 😂 

It's the strangest place you'll ever go. 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

Your mind has all the speed & agility of a tectonic plate.....

54 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Do you know what's great?

Augusta National is literally in the hood. Just outside of the gates is nothing but low income hood. Augusta is disgusting yet has the most beautiful Golf Course in America 😂 

It's the strangest place you'll ever go. 

Its really not.  Its just an average city.  Its not really that strange.

What is strange is that if you weren't looking, you wouldnt know its there

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Its really not.  Its just an average city.  Its not really that strange.

What is strange is that if you weren't looking, you wouldnt know its there

It's definitely hood. I've spent a lot of time in that area when at Fort Gordon. 

But yes, it's just in the oddest location. 

I would put forth the Republican Senate as the most white male privileged organization in the US.

Also the most impotent and cucked.

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

It's definitely hood. I've spent a lot of time in that area when at Fort Gordon. 

But yes, it's just in the oddest location. 

First time i was in augusta i thought hey maybe ill go by the course,  see if there's a pro or souvenir shop.   Yeah, no.  Just a tiny little sign at the entrance.  They dont wanna be noticed

Every group that wants to have an "only" club should be allowed to have their "only" club.

Whites - Blacks - Women - Guys - Boyos - He man women haters - and the rest. 

Why do people really care if someone wants to be around only people who are like them even if it's just for hang out time with friends. That is the structure of living beings in an of itself since the beginning of time. And it's healthy and happy. So let it be done. Stop trying to mix other people up. Mix yourself up if you want. Have at it. 

What's next? Are non book readers going to storm the ladies book club and demand inclusion? 

20 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

They dont wanna be noticed

Definitely not 🚫 

Remember when women protested and advertisers were forced to back off buying ads and the masters folks said f you and showed the tourney ad free?  Good times

Another thing they do with members is to charge a million dollars a year for membership and if they need repairs or any other cost, they bill the members. Don’t pay them, you’re out. There’s an article written about it in Golf Magazine decades ago.