Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Trump's NY Election Interference Trial (Trial Continues, Trump fined, warned by Merchan)

35 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

@jon_mx is correct. The number of black voters supporting Trump has increased. The polls definitely show this. And if these numbers are actually representative of what happens in November, Biden is in real trouble. 

But I don’t think they will be. Between now and November Biden will have to work some at getting these voters back but I’m pretty sure he will. I’m frankly more concerned about Latino voters. They’re the ones leaving the Democratic Party in droves. They need to be reminded that Trump won’t do them any favors. 

What has Trump done that is anti legal immigrants?

53 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

@jon_mx is correct. The number of black voters supporting Trump has increased. The polls definitely show this. And if these numbers are actually representative of what happens in November, Biden is in real trouble. 

But I don’t think they will be. Between now and November Biden will have to work some at getting these voters back but I’m pretty sure he will. I’m frankly more concerned about Latino voters. They’re the ones leaving the Democratic Party in droves. They need to be reminded that Trump won’t do them any favors. 

Wait until Obama starts rallying the troops.

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

What has Trump done that is anti legal immigrants?

If they’re Scandinavian? Nothing. But if their skin is a little darker he doesn’t want them. 

They keep discussing on TV how the judge can jail Trump for contempt of court with his Secret Service detail. It seems to me the answer, for now, is house arrest. 

And Trump does need to be jailed. Tonight he posted Jesse Watter’s lame accusation that the jurors already chosen are all liberal plants with the collusion of the judge. Thats in clear violation of the gag order. He has to be punished. 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

They keep discussing on TV how the judge can jail Trump for contempt of court with his Secret Service detail. It seems to me the answer, for now, is house arrest. 

The logistics are such that there is no prison facility that could handle Trump and his Secret Service detail. Ain't gonna happen. And no warden would agree to taking on that responsibility. So yes, it would have to be some sort of house arrest with an ankle bracelet and no internet access (I would like to see them enforce that 😁). 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

If they’re Scandinavian? Nothing. But if their skin is a little darker he doesn’t want them. 

Good we need people familiar with western civilization who want to assimilate culturally 

I hate to see a trial not even at the evidentiary phase and already it has substantial appealable issues built in.  Now typically appelate courts give great deference to trial courts on issues such as change of venue and recusal of the trier of fact, but here the issues are more glaring than usual so I cannot be certain the trial is not already tainted meaning why even go through the excercise. When one couples those potential issues with the novelty of the charges and with the potential of allowing rather far ranging impeachment evidence this whole matter becomes subject to question, and criminal trials should resolve questions, not raise them.  Long after this trial stops generating politcal discussion it will continue to generate legal discussion.  This trial is unique, it is a one off, and as such it will be studied by scholars as it inevitably will be used down the road as precedent. 

• Haha 1

When is Biden going to Harlem? 

14 minutes ago, squistion said:

You know, there is so much to criticize Trump about but I’m not going to do it here. Because I get it. I hate not being able to use my phone in a courtroom, or anywhere else where I have to wait a long time and it’s boring as hell. I‘m not bothering anybody, so who cares? It’s stupid. 

8 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I say put him in cuffs and leg irons.

Ain't no way he complies any other way.

They could make him surrender it to the bailiff upon entering the courtroom.

i remember when cell phones became ubiquitous.  Attorneys would have them on thier persons and either forget to turn them off upon entering courtrooms or deliberately leave them on thinking it was somehow a sign of status to have one and to have it go off in court.  I knew several judges who would confiscate cell phones if they went off in thier courts and who would not return them. 

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

They could make him surrender it to the bailiff upon entering the courtroom.

i remember when cell phones became ubiquitous.  Attornies would have them on thier persons and either forget to turn them off upon entering courtrooms or deliberately leave them on thinking it was somehow a sign of status to have one and to have it go off in court.  I knew several judges who would confiscate cell phones if they went off in thier courts and who would not return them. 

If it makes noise that’s one thing and then sure confiscate it. But if it’s on silent I just don’t get why it should be a big deal. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

You know, there is so much to criticize Trump about but I’m not going to do it here. Because I get it. I hate not being able to use my phone in a courtroom, or anywhere else where I have to wait a long time and it’s boring as hell. I‘m not bothering anybody, so who cares? It’s stupid. 

It shows disrespect for the court and the judicial proceedings. 

Just now, squistion said:

I don’t think so. If he speaks out of turn, makes insulting gestures, that’s disrespect. If he sits quietly and bothers nobody, who cares if he’s looking at a phone, or reading a book, or magazine? 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

If it makes noise that’s one thing and then sure confiscate it. But if it’s on silent I just don’t get why it should be a big deal. 

I think some judges believe it distracts others in the courtroom from where their attention ought to be focused, on the rulings from the judge and the presentation of evidence from the witness box.  Myself, I don't ascribe to that line of thinking as  defendants or respondents have a million little facial expressions and body postures jurors are studying anyhow.  Use of phones is just one more "tick" to consider as to how involved a defendant may be in the trial or hearing.

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t think so. If he speaks out of turn, makes insulting gestures, that’s disrespect. If he sits quietly and bothers nobody, who cares if he’s looking at a phone, or reading a book, or magazine? 

I don't think the court wants him "truthing" ie lying during the proceedings.

He could summon his deplorable horde of animals to the courthouse and try to intimidate the jury.

We all know how violent and animal-like cultist lemmings are. 

7 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I don't think the court wants him "truthing" ie lying during the proceedings.

He could summon his deplorable horde of animals to the courthouse and try to intimidate the jury.

We all know how violent and animal-like cultist lemmings are. 

Well you’re being specific to Trump here but I’m just making a general point. 

I hate being bored. I’ve always hated it. I need something to read, always. I read on my phone with the Kindle app. I’ve never understood why some people have a problem with that if I’m not bothering anyone else, Just leave me the fock alone! 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

All of those actions are disrespectful to the judge and the proceedings. In most criminal cases if the defendant would do any of those things they would be cited by the judge for contempt of court (and rightfully so).

9 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I think some judges believe it distracts others in the courtroom from where their attention ought to be focused, on the rulings from the judge and the presentation of evidence from the witness box.  Myself, I don't ascribe to that line of thinking as  defendants or respondents have a million little facial expressions and body postures jurors are studying anyhow.  Use of phones is just one more "tick" to consider as to how involved a defendant may be in the trial or hearing.

OK. I can see that when the actual trial starts you have to be more restrictive. But it hasn’t started. This is just a lengthy preliminary. 

14 minutes ago, squistion said:

This case and this judge aren’t entitled to respect. Want it? Give it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

All of those actions are disrespectful to the judge and the proceedings. In most criminal cases if the defendant would do any of those things they would be cited by the judge for contempt of court (and rightfully so).

OK? Maybe my POV is out of line here. Just saying I personally don’t like this restriction. 

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

OK. I can see that when the actual trial starts you have to be more restrictive. But it hasn’t started. This is just a lengthy preliminary. 

I have tried over 150 jury trials in my career.  There is nothing preliminary about jury selection and voir dire.  Every jury trial I had  was won at that stage.  A good attorney establishes relationships with the jurors at that stage and part of that relationship, part of the credibility established, depends upon the conduct of persons sitting at counsel's table whether prosecution witnessess or the defendant, not to mention co-counsel and staff's behavior.   This trial has not only started, it may be at its most interesting and decisive phase.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

And Trump does need to be jailed. Tonight he posted Jesse Watter’s lame accusation that the jurors already chosen are all liberal plants with the collusion of the judge. Thats in clear violation of the gag order. He has to be punished. 

It’s the media outing the jurists, not Trump. 

6 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I have tried over 150 jury trials in my career.  There is nothing preliminary about jury selection and voir dire.  Every jury trial I had  was won at that stage.  A good attorney establishes relationships with the jurors at that stage and part of that relationship, part of the credibility established, depends upon the conduct of persons sitting at counsel's table whether prosecution witnessess or the defendant, not to mention co-counsel and staff's behavior.   This trial has not only started, it may be at its most interesting and decisive phase.

Fair enough. 

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I say put him in cuffs and leg irons.

Ain't no way he complies any other way.

Interesting that you have this opinion.  When you don't like someone and they oppose you, you must create a way to villainize them.  When they act out, put them in chains.  Sounds very Southern... circa 1780' - 1850's, no?

I remember when misdemeanors that were spun into felonies outraged the left. Such a fall. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I remember when misdemeanors that were spun into felonies outraged the left. Such a fall. 

How does a misdemeanor spin into a felony?

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Please Mr high school education, explain how misdemeanors became felony charges...LMFAO

And you're still spending all day every day on this cesspool.  Go outside.  Play catch with your kids.

This place ain't healthy for you. 

Just now, BeachGuy23 said:

Please Mr high school education, explain how misdemeanors became felony charges...LMFAO

And you're still spending all day every day on this cesspool.  Go outside.  Play catch with your kids.

This place ain't healthy for you. 

Crack cocaine vs powder cocaine. Stfu 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

How does a misdemeanor spin into a felony?

Really? Clown. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

💥

PedoBoy and Boyosexual walked right in to that one.  Well, done, they aren't smart.  

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

LMFAO.

We're talking about this specific case moron.

How were misdemeanors spun into felonies.

And powdered coke and crack coke are completely different drugs...oh wait, they both have "cocaine" in their names so you think they're exactly the same.  Hey Coke isn't a crime at all!

Idiot

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When is Biden going to Harlem? 

If you were a real New Yorker, you’d know Harlem was gentrified a couple decades ago 

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

If you were a real New Yorker, you’d know Harlem was gentrified a couple decades ago 

I guess they rounded up what’s left of the blacks and Latinos to greet Trump. 

A juror who was seated on the jury for former President Donald Trump in the Manhattan “Hush-Money” Trial earlier this week was excused on Thursday, saying she had concerns about her ability to be fair and impartial and had concerns about her identity being made public.

New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan called attorneys up to confer shortly after taking the bench on Thursday, April 18, saying that the woman also known as “Juror 2” had slept on the decision overnight and informed the court she wished to be dismissed.

She was sworn in earlier in the week with six others, including one alternate, on the second day of the trial.

She was brought into the room and said after thinking about it, she has friends, colleagues, and family that “push things” and outside influences that would likely affect her impartiality. She added that she had been identified as a juror from news reports.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

A juror who was seated on the jury for former President Donald Trump in the Manhattan “Hush-Money” Trial earlier this week was excused on Thursday, saying she had concerns about her ability to be fair and impartial and had concerns about her identity being made public.

New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan called attorneys up to confer shortly after taking the bench on Thursday, April 18, saying that the woman also known as “Juror 2” had slept on the decision overnight and informed the court she wished to be dismissed.

She was sworn in earlier in the week with six others, including one alternate, on the second day of the trial.

She was brought into the room and said after thinking about it, she has friends, colleagues, and family that “push things” and outside influences that would likely affect her impartiality. She added that she had been identified as a juror from news reports.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

She should be lauded for her honesty.

• Like 1

Another one bites the dust.