Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Trump's NY Election Interference Trial (Court has recessed for the day)

13 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

And Trump does need to be jailed. Tonight he posted Jesse Watter’s lame accusation that the jurors already chosen are all liberal plants with the collusion of the judge. Thats in clear violation of the gag order. He has to be punished. 

You complete and total love for authoritarian censorship has been noted for th 29,373rd time.   What is it you love about America?  It certainly is not freedom.  You love power of the institutions.  

57 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

If you were a real New Yorker, you’d know Harlem was gentrified a couple decades ago 

He thinks Hell’s Kitchen is a rough neighborhood. 🤡 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess they rounded up what’s left of the blacks and Latinos to greet Trump. 

The section I went to last summer seemed nice enough, near the 1 train.  Had a nice dinner there with my daughter, I think it was Dinosaur BBQ

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dinosaur+Bar-B-Que/@40.8169989,-73.9578203,17z/data=!4m15!1m8!3m7!1s0x89c2f66e2188a29f:0xb408afef09e2702e!2sHarlem,+New+York,+NY!3b1!8m2!3d40.8115504!4d-73.9464769!16zL20vMGY5NHQ!3m5!1s0x89c2f64267a7c6a5:0xc32504d8a73c6ba1!8m2!3d40.8180979!4d-73.9608447!16s%2Fg%2F1v1vf3kh?entry=ttu

Clientele was 50/50 white/other.  There were certainly plenty of POC there.  

23 minutes ago, jonmx said:

You complete and total love for authoritarian censorship has been noted for th 29,373rd time.   What is it you love about America?  It certainly is not freedom.  You love power of the institutions.  

Fun Fact:

Attempted jury tampering and attempted intimidation of members of the court by the defendant in public statements is considered an exception to First Amendment freedom of speech. It is a form of censorship that is allowed to ensure the integrity of the judicial system.

That said, I doubt that the judge will do it here unless Trump keeps poking the tiger. 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

The section I went to last summer seemed nice enough, near the 1 train.  Had a nice dinner there with my daughter, I think it was Dinosaur BBQ

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dinosaur+Bar-B-Que/@40.8169989,-73.9578203,17z/data=!4m15!1m8!3m7!1s0x89c2f66e2188a29f:0xb408afef09e2702e!2sHarlem,+New+York,+NY!3b1!8m2!3d40.8115504!4d-73.9464769!16zL20vMGY5NHQ!3m5!1s0x89c2f64267a7c6a5:0xc32504d8a73c6ba1!8m2!3d40.8180979!4d-73.9608447!16s%2Fg%2F1v1vf3kh?entry=ttu

Clientele was 50/50 white/other.  There were certainly plenty of POC there.  

That’s by Columbia university and the west side highway.  I wouldn’t say that’s an accurate representation of the demographics of Harlem. Harlem is 17 pct white. Some yuppies buying surrounding the northern part of Central Park doesn’t really add up to the claim gentrification.  

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Another one bites the dust.

Probably realized being an activist juror on this case could result in dire consequences.  

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

If you were a real New Yorker, you’d know Harlem was gentrified a couple decades ago 

That time you stayed at the Marriott for a couple of days and had some drinks in Applebees hasn’t given you an accurate insight into NYC. Stay in your lane 

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

You love power of the institutions.  

Were it not for the institutions you abhor, there would be no country. Regrettably, your thoughtless, knee jerk reaction is to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I've asked you a few times now, and you've yet to provide an answer:

How do you propose to fill the void created when you and the rest of the MAGAMOOKS tear down everything in obsequious obedience to your leader, father, and god Donald Trump?

7 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Were it not for the institutions you abhor, there would be no country. Regrettably, your thoughtless, knee jerk reaction is to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I've asked you a few times now, and you've yet to provide an answer:

How do you propose to fill the void created when you and the rest of the MAGAMOOKS tear down everything in obsequious obedience to your leader, father, and god Donald Trump?

Same way you leftists reacted to the Antifa/BLM summer of violence?

15 hours ago, squistion said:

The logistics are such that there is no prison facility that could handle Trump and his Secret Service detail. Ain't gonna happen. And no warden would agree to taking on that responsibility. So yes, it would have to be some sort of house arrest with an ankle bracelet and no internet access (I would like to see them enforce that 😁). 

Guantanamo? :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Fnord said:

The classified records indictments can be seen to have merit. The rest are garbage. The biggest problem with the classified records cases are the prior instances of no prosecution for it. Saying Biden turned them over isn’t a valid defense considering he never had the authority to posses them in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The classified records indictments can be seen to have merit. The rest are garbage. The biggest problem with the classified records cases are the prior instances of no prosecution for it. Saying Biden turned them over isn’t a valid defense considering he never had the authority to posses them in the first place. 

Well he's just too old to be prosecuted.  Trump is SOOOOO much younger!!

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Guantanamo? :dunno:

No, not unless they remove all the other prisoners, which is not going to happen. 

42 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Institutions are fine until they become extremely corrupted.  Once Institutions start to routinely suppress the voices of dissent, they no longer are deserving of respect.  Without transparency and oversight, Institutions quickly become corrupt.  It does not matter if it is the Catholic Church or the National Institute of Health, over time the corruption grows until those institutions become evil. The sins of lust and greed prevail in darkness.   Our institutions are in desparate need of a reset.  I put far more thought into this than you have, whose mind has been endlessly lied to by those very institutions you blindly trust.

23 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Same way you leftists reacted to the Antifa/BLM summer of violence?

What institutions were destroyed that summer? Did BLM or antifa manage to break up the FBI or DOJ? Try to burn down the Dept of Education? Fire non-political civil servants so their own loyalists could then be appointed? Were those their stated goals? I don't remember that being the case, Tree of Knowledge Dropper.

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

What institutions were destroyed that summer? Did BLM or antifa manage to break up the FBI or DOJ? Try to burn down the Dept of Education? Fire non-political civil servants so their own loyalists could then be appointed? Were those their stated goals? I don't remember that being the case, Tree of Knowledge Dropper.

They  spent weeks attacking a federal courthouse.  But they did it at night according to law and order AG Garland so there was nothing they could do. 

Fun Fact:

Attempted jury tampering and attempted intimidation of members of the court by the defendant in public statements is considered an exception to First Amendment freedom of speech. It is a form of censorship that is allowed to ensure the integrity of the judicial system.

That said, I doubt that the judge will do it here unless Trump keeps poking the tiger. 

Fun fact, that was a new standard made up by the courts in New York specifically for Trump.  The Supreme Court has said the exact opposite.

Your points are always so fuking ignorant. 

And BTW, Trump has made no threats towards anyone and especially not the jury. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Fun fact, that was a new standard made up by the courts in New York specifically for Trump.  The Supreme Court has said the exact opposite.

Your points are always so fuking ignorant. 

And BTW, Trump has made no threats towards anyone and especially not the jury. 

Link to where SCOTUS has said that the conduct or speech of criminal defendants in a trial cannot be limited?

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They  spent weeks attacking a federal courthouse.  But they did it at night according to law and order AG Garland so there was nothing they could do. 

Golly, that sounds terrible. Your posts sure do create a lot of wear and tear on my pearls what with the clutching and rubbing...

Was there a federal election certification occurring in the courthouse? Were there political leaders encouraging said attack? Did POTUS refuse to call in the NG to stop it? Were a great many people involved in hand to hand combat resulting in serious injuries or death? 

No?

Whataboutadour whatabouting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When Bill Barr, Trumps AG says the election was legit, listen to him.  When he says the trial in NY is an abomination (strong word), ignore him. 

9 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Golly, that sounds terrible. Your posts sure do create a lot of wear and tear on my pearls what with the clutching and rubbing...

Was there a federal election certification occurring in the courthouse? Were there political leaders encouraging said attack? Did POTUS refuse to call in the NG to stop it? Were a great many people involved in hand to hand combat resulting in serious injuries or death? 

No?

Whataboutadour whatabouting.

So the fact that occurred at night is a legit reason? Also, no serious injuries ? Law enforcement wasn’t attacked? 

16 minutes ago, squistion said:

Link to where SCOTUS has said that the conduct or speech of criminal defendants in a trial cannot be limited?

I never said it can not be limited.  But there are very specific requirements which must be met, which none of Trump's statements came even remotely close to meeting.  The controlling ruling is in the link below:

https://www.scotusblog.com/archives/Reasonable/05-1505.pdf

The court explained that a gag order must meet “the clear and present danger test.” Id. at 600. The court stated: “Such a threat must be specific, not general. It must be much more than a possibility or a 'reasonable likelihood' in the future.

Trump made no threat.  Pointing out the judge's daughter has an interest in a positive outcome of this case because she has raised $90 million for the Biden's administration (specifically Kamala) by advertising for Trump's conviction, is not a threat.  It is a fact.  Pointing out a clear conflict of interest relating to a judge is a legal arguement.   New York has completely ignored the US Supreme Court precedent and just made-up an exception to apply to Trump.

3 minutes ago, jonmx said:

I never said it can not be limited.  But there are very specific requirements which must be met, which none of Trump's statements came even remotely close to meeting.  The controlling ruling is in the link below:

https://www.scotusblog.com/archives/Reasonable/05-1505.pdf

The court explained that a gag order must meet “the clear and present danger test.” Id. at 600. The court stated: “Such a threat must be specific, not general. It must be much more than a possibility or a 'reasonable likelihood' in the future.

Trump made no threat.  Pointing out the judge's daughter has an interest in a positive outcome of this case because she has raised $90 million for the Biden's administration (specifically Kamala) by advertising for Trump's conviction, is not a threat.  It is a fact.   New York has completely ignored the US Supreme Court precedent and just made-up an exception to apply to Trump.

That case is not on point. It has to do with an attorney making out of court statements, not the criminal defendant during a trial. And SCOTUS declined to hear the case and let the lower court's verdict stand.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2006-oct-03-na-scotus3-story.html

It is absurd to contend that a criminal defendant has an unlimited right of speech during their trial and SCOTUS has never ruled that they do.

27 minutes ago, squistion said:

That case is not on point. It has to do with an attorney making out of court statements, not the criminal defendant during a trial. And SCOTUS declined to hear the case and let the lower court's verdict stand.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2006-oct-03-na-scotus3-story.html

It is absurd to contend that a criminal defendant has an unlimited right of speech during their trial and SCOTUS has never ruled that they do.

1.  The Supreme Court not hearing a case is not any statement from the court about the legitimacy of the case.  It means the court simply does not have the time or the compelling interest to hear the case.

2.  The principle of free speech whether a lawyer or the client bears no meaning to the ruling.  Besides the very non-case that you provided also had to do with a lawyer.  

3.  I never said unlimited.  Once again you lie and make a strawman 

I provided a case where there was an actual ruling and the legal precedent that was decided.  You make a meaningless point about a case the Court decided not to rule on.   Once again you prove to be an idiot.  

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That time you stayed at the Marriott for a couple of days and had some drinks in Applebees hasn’t given you an accurate insight into NYC. Stay in your lane 

I bet I’ve covered more of Manhattan than you have 🤥 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jonmx said:

1.  The Supreme Court not hearing a case is not any statement from the court about the legitimacy of the case.  It means the court simply does not have the time or the compelling interest to hear the case.

2.  The principle of free speech whether a lawyer or the client bears no meaning to the ruling.  Besides the very non-case that you provided also had to do with a lawyer.  

3.  I never said unlimited.  Once again you lie and make a strawman 

I provided a case where there was an actual ruling and the legal precedent that was decided.  You make a meaningless point about a case the Court decided not to rule on.   Once again you prove to be an idiot.  

Once again what you have said nothing that has to do with Trump and possible sanctions and or penalties against him that might be taken in this case.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

I bet I’ve covered more of Manhattan than you have 🤥 

Really? I worked there for four years. Just not the part you would ever be caught dead in. I drank at Raggs, not TGIFridays. 

Once again what you have said nothing that has to do with Trump and possible sanctions and or penalties against him that might be taken in this case.

You are one if the dumbest MFers there are.  I gave you the controlling case which sets the precedent for a court setting a gag order.  Because you are so fuking stupid not to see how it covers this case is not my problem.  Go fuk yourself idiot. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

To anger a conservative, lie to them. To anger a liberal, tell them the truth.

36 minutes ago, jonmx said:

You are one if the dumbest MFers there are.  I gave you the controlling case which sets the precedent for a court setting a gag order.  Because you are so fuking stupid not to see how it covers this case is not my problem.  Go fuk yourself idiot. 

It doesn't back up your claim. Sorry. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

To anger a conservative, lie to them. To anger a liberal, tell them the truth.

Nice one 

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nice one 

Just heard it today. It's a keeper :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

So Fox News is now intimidating jurors?  Unbelievable.

How? That’s not cool. 

16 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Or trying to, anyway.

14 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Question for you Ron:  so if Trump was NOT running for president would this lawsuit against him even be filed????