Sign in to follow this  
gas

Why did Mike Johnson bring the Ukraine funding bill up for a vote?

A majority of the GOP reps opposed funding Ukraine.    Johnson had previously voted against aid for Ukraine, and Johnson is an Uber MAGAt.   So, why do you think he did it?

No one forced him to bring it to a vote.   The Speaker of the House is the second most powerful political position in the United States, and Biden doesn't have much leverage on Johnson.

Dead hooker, live boy. 

• Like 3

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dead hooker, live boy. 

Like all MAGAts, I don't like or respect him, but I doubt the dead hooker /live boy angle.

1 minute ago, gas said:

Like all MAGAts, I don't like or respect him, but I doubt the dead hooker /live boy angle.

Just throwing it out there. Somethings up though. 

He was convinced by those who spoke trying to convince congress the need for more aid for Ukraine. He can't think for himself and accepted what they told him. He's a basic cuck. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just throwing it out there. Somethings up though. 

Oh boy, a wind up to a new conspiracy theory!

🤣

Why the fock do we need another thread on this? Maxipad started two threads, and there are multiple Ukraine threads, including the original one.

2 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

🤣

Why the fock do we need another thread on this? Maxipad started two threads, and there are multiple Ukraine threads, including the original one.

It’s cool if you don’t post in it. You won’t be missed.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

🤣

I gotta admit I'm wondering if the MAGAts can turn this into a new conspiracy theory, or shoehorn it into an existing one.

Pretty simple.  He sold his soul to the Washington establishment.  Until we rid Washington of representatives who are in bed with the government-corporate Washington power structure and don't care about the people they represent, our freedoms and rights are doomed.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dead hooker, live boy. 

Yup

Mike Johnson did the right thing, probably because he figured he was dead meat anyway (so to speak). In his obituary, this will be listed as one of his few accomplishments during his tenure as Speaker of the House, so he probably takes pride in that he will be perhaps his only positive legacy.

Tell you what I think: he didn't want to take the blame for Ukraine falling.

Just think:   Russian tanks roll through Kiev, the raping and murdering starts, a massive refugee crisis develops, and it dominates the news cycle for months during an election year.    GOP reps in swing districts lose their seats, Dems retake the House, and Mike is out of a job anyways.    He did you MAGAts a huge favor by taking the hit on this.

Yeah. Extending an unwinable war with a with a predictable outcome is quite an accomplishment.  

Just now, gas said:

Tell you what I think: he didn't want to take the blame for Ukraine falling.

Just think:   Russian tanks roll through Kiev, the raping and murdering starts, a massive refugee crisis develops, and it dominates the news cycle for months during an election year.    GOP reps in swing districts lose their seats, Dems retake the House, and Mike is out of a job anyways.    He did you MAGAts a huge favor by taking the hit on this.

Also wouldn’t want to disrupt the nightlife in Kiev. People have a right to party. 

25 minutes ago, gas said:

A majority of the GOP reps opposed funding Ukraine.    Johnson had previously voted against aid for Ukraine, and Johnson is an Uber MAGAt.   So, why do you think he did it?

No one forced him to bring it to a vote.   The Speaker of the House is the second most powerful political position in the United States, and Biden doesn't have much leverage on Johnson.

They took him in a room and showed him what happened to jFK when he tried to stand up against war machine and cia 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. Extending an unwinable war with a with a predictable outcome is quite an accomplishment.  

The predictable outcome by extending the war is a stalemate.    Not funding Ukraine ups the odds of Russia destroying Ukraine.    

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dead hooker

So something like this

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

They took him in a room and showed him what happened to jFK when he tried to stand up against war machine and cia 

Yeah, there is always that. 

36 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Pretty simple.  He sold his soul to the Washington establishment.  Until we rid Washington of representatives who are in bed with the government-corporate Washington power structure and don't care about the people they represent, our freedoms and rights are doomed.  

Winner, Same team. 

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Good we needed another thread on this 🙄

MAGA’s are super butthurt this happened to them.

There are many conservatives, including Trump supporters, who still believe in internationalism when it comes to our foreign commitments. Let’s call these, for lack of a better term, “Reagan conservatives”. Mike Pence, Nikki Haley, there are plenty of others. They agree with Trump on almost every other issue: immigration, tax concerns, social issues. But they don’t agree on isolationism. Apparently Mike Johnson may be one of these. 
They’re losing the struggle, much like Democratic supporters of Israel are losing the struggle. This was probably a last gasp for both: the right and left are taking over the two parties. 

14 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

There are many conservatives, including Trump supporters, who still believe in internationalism when it comes to our foreign commitments. Let’s call these, for lack of a better term, “Reagan conservatives”. Mike Pence, Nikki Haley, there are plenty of others. They agree with Trump on almost every other issue: immigration, tax concerns, social issues. But they don’t agree on isolationism. Apparently Mike Johnson may be one of these. 
They’re losing the struggle, much like Democratic supporters of Israel are losing the struggle. This was probably a last gasp for both: the right and left are taking over the two parties. 

They’re called neo-cons, doofus. You know, the ones you guys once hated. Now you love them.  Funny how that worked out.  

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

MAGA’s are super butthurt this happened to them.

Clearly.

Whats funny is Trump basically abandoned them. Showed up for the speaker. Backed off his opposition.

But they haven’t caught up and are still carrying his anti-Ukraine water 😢 

40 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Clearly.

Whats funny is Trump basically abandoned them. Showed up for the speaker. Backed off his opposition.

But they haven’t caught up and are still carrying his anti-Ukraine water 😢 

They did the same thing with the COVID vaccine. Clownzo got the jab and urged his followers to do the same, yet they remained stuck in the moment they felt like their underdeveloped brains were superior to educated, smart people who understood taking the vaccine was the right thing to do.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They’re called neo-cons, doofus. You know, the ones you guys once hated. Now you love them.  Funny how that worked out.  

I never hated them. I’m not one of “those liberals”. I always kind of agreed with them. (Not in every instance- I was opposed to the Iraq war- but as a general rule.) 

23 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I thought Johnson was a white Christian nationalist some weeks ago? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I thought Johnson was a white Christian nationalist some weeks ago? 

He, like other Republicans who voted for the bill, saw the importance of supporting Ukraine.

It's OK for people to change their minds once they have all the facts, like Dr. Fauci did regarding masks. 

Trump met with the Polish leader and got some new information and perspective. I'd bet money that Trump's influence had something to do with the bill's succes.

But hardline MAGAturds will continue to not support Ukraine, despite their beloved leader perhaps changing his stance on the issue.

6 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

He, like other Republicans who voted for the bill, saw the importance of supporting Ukraine.

It's OK for people to change their minds once they have all the facts, like Dr. Fauci did regarding masks. 

Trump met with the Polish leader and got some new information and perspective. I'd bet money that Trump's influence had something to do with the bill's succes.

But hardline MAGAturds will continue to not support Ukraine, despite their beloved leader perhaps changing his stance on the issue.

Ok. Just Stfu with the white Christian nationalist stuff. It’s divisive and dangerous. None of you panty waste deranged fembots speak about anyone else like that. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok. Just Stfu with the white Christian nationalist stuff. It’s divisive and dangerous. None of you panty waste deranged fembots speak about anyone else like that. 

You rolled in the "white Christian nationalist" phrase, and nowhere in my response did I use that phrase or refer to it in any way.

Your BDS has taken a serious toll on your brain's reading-comprehension department.

🤣

Just goes to show that leftists will hurl bigotry at those that disagree with them then act like they never did when the same person does what  they want.They’ll even call them a hero if they comply.  The most duplicitous, shallow, psychotic people around. Mostly peaceful. 

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just goes to show that leftists will hurl bigotry at those that disagree with them then act like they never did when the same person does what  they want.They’ll even call them a hero if they comply.  The most duplicitous, shallow, psychotic people around. Mostly peaceful. 

HT: Wasn't this guy a white Christian nationalist a few weeks ago.

Rusty: Man, those crazy Cleveland Guardians have MLB's best records!

HT: STFU with white Christian nationalism! :mad:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

🤣