Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Washington Commanders Sued By Native American Organization

“The Native American Guardian’s Association (NAGA) is a non-profit group in North Dakota."

A non-profit in North Dakota? Has anyone here ever heard of them before this? 

15 minutes ago, squistion said:

“The Native American Guardian’s Association (NAGA) is a non-profit group in North Dakota."

A non-profit in North Dakota? Has anyone here ever heard of them before this? 

Nope. Never heard of black lives matter either until they popped up

• Thanks 1

Redskins should have never ever caved in and make that change.  Love this.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, weepaws said:

Redskins should have never ever caved in and make that change.  Love this.  

Cleveland Indians for crying out loud.  Ok ok..give in and get rid of chief wahoo and the teepee stuff if it really bugs people.   But you cant even be called the indians?  Thats insane

Hahaha, they got double woked. 

They got woked on the front and woked on the backside!!! 

I love it for the BOYOS 🌈 

9 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Nope. Never heard of black lives matter either until they popped up

So you NAGA as legitimate an organization as BLM? 

Just now, squistion said:

So you NAGA as legitimate an organization as BLM? 

Dunno.   Never heard of them.  If you asked my opinion about BLM then i would have said the same thing.

Now it appears there is enough evidence to support the argument that BLM is not legit.   Cant say that for this group yet

• Like 1

Interesting about Chief White Calf.  Would they settle for the team having a logo of Joe theismann's broken lower leg?  Now there is a white calf.

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Dunno.   Never heard of them.  If you asked my opinion about BLM then i would have said the same thing.

Now it appears there is enough evidence to support the argument that BLM is not legit.   Cant say that for this group yet

Lol.  Mic drop.

• Thanks 1

Any native I have ever talked to or heard indirectly talk about this subject would rather they kept the name.   Now of course that is not saying the results of a nationwide survey would show the same.  

You talk to blacks intergrated in the south on many subjects and they are not as up in arms things as their northern brothers.  Or so it certainly seems. 

44 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Any native I have ever talked to or heard indirectly talk about this subject would rather they kept the name.   Now of course that is not saying the results of a nationwide survey would show the same.  

You talk to blacks intergrated in the south on many subjects and they are not as up in arms things as their northern brothers.  Or so it certainly seems. 

How many have you talked with about this issue?  

The Redskins primary logo used today was first designed in 1971 in close consultation with Native American leaders. Among those who unanimously approved & voiced praise for the logo was Walter “Blackie” Wetzel, a former President of the National Congress of American Indians & Chairman of the Blackfeet Nation. 

Years earlier, Mr. Wetzel had been deeply involved with U.S. President John F. Kennedy in the movement for civil liberties, civil rights, & economic freedom for all. In 2014, Mr. Wetzel’s son Don commented, “It needs to be said that an Indian from the State of Montana created the Redskins logo, & did it the right way. It represents the Red Nation, & it’s something to be proud of.”

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, weepaws said:

How many have you talked with about this issue?  

Not sure.  20?  I knew a couple NAs that were Redskins fans for the very reason of the name.   

2 hours ago, easilyscan said:

The Redskins primary logo used today was first designed in 1971 in close consultation with Native American leaders. Among those who unanimously approved & voiced praise for the logo was Walter “Blackie” Wetzel, a former President of the National Congress of American Indians & Chairman of the Blackfeet Nation. 

Years earlier, Mr. Wetzel had been deeply involved with U.S. President John F. Kennedy in the movement for civil liberties, civil rights, & economic freedom for all. In 2014, Mr. Wetzel’s son Don commented, “It needs to be said that an Indian from the State of Montana created the Redskins logo, & did it the right way. It represents the Red Nation, & it’s something to be proud of.”

Makes you wonder who thought it was racist and wanted it change in the first place, who is this ahole group ? Also like Wee said Washington caved rather quick on it, anyhow good post Easily.

• Thanks 1

NAGA please <_<

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mookz said:

NAGA please <_<

:nono:

(I was going to post the same thing but I already used that joke on the "Niger" thread) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Makes you wonder who thought it was racist and wanted it change in the first place, who is this ahole group ? Also like Wee said Washington caved rather quick on it, anyhow good post Easily.

Thanks

It certainly does make you wonder ?

Similar to the old North Dakota fighting Sioux, who have since changed their name to the North Dakota fighting hawks & also changed their logo.

https://www.google.com/search?q=north+dakota+fighting+sioux+new+logo+%26+name&amp;client=safari&amp;sca_esv=92ceaeaabaa7c149&amp;udm=2&amp;biw=1680&amp;bih=845&amp;ei=gzJEZubZIu2kptQPq7GE6AU&amp;ved=0ahUKEwimp6De4Y6GAxVtkokEHasYAV0Q4dUDCBA&amp;uact=5&amp;oq=north+dakota+fighting+sioux+new+logo+%26+name&amp;gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiK25vcnRoIGRha290YSBmaWdodGluZyBzaW91eCBuZXcgbG9nbyAmIG5hbWVIyCBQvARY4x1wAXgAkAEAmAFhoAGVBKoBATe4AQPIAQD4AQGYAgCgAgCYAwCIBgGSBwCgB7sC&amp;sclient=gws-wiz-serp

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

People carrying a lot of guilt who aren't even part of that group.....

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

People carrying a lot of guilt who aren't even part of that group.....

This.

What we are observing is what arises when the demand for racism exceeds the supply....you make sh!t up and take down anything you can find to demonstrate your virtue....

10 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

The name was opposed by the National Congress of American Indians. There were plenty of polls that showed over 50% of Indians found it offensive. It was not a quick decision, the idea had been around for a long time. Personally, I didnt care, saw the name as an honor.