Sign in to follow this  
jasoncollington

I am on an island on Dak Prescott

And I am cool with that. I think he's a top 10 QB because he's a different person when Zeke is on the field. Did everyone forget he was the No. 6 QB as a rookie? I explain myself here under "Remember the experts can be wrong":

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/columnists/fantasyworld/fantasy-world-what-to-remember-before-your-fantasy-football-draft/article_7ddfd940-6ca5-5ad7-8965-05b614d7d84b.html

He went undrafted in my league and I can't believe it. I think his upside is capped, which is why I wouldn't draft him unless I waited too long for a qb. It's a solid qb to wait on while you scoop up flyers and late round value. He is a perfect auction qb

I’m not at all interested in drafting him.

Lack of play makers at the te and wr postion is the main reason.

I’ll pass a watch and see how he does.

I like Dak a lot this year... IMO the line is extremely blurred after the 2nd tier as far as QBs go, and taking two late QBs and riding the hot hand could mean fantasy succese... you could do a lot worse than pairing Dak with Goff or Jameis... I'm not sure that will be my strategy. But any 3 of those guys could land in the top 10 by seasons end.

In PPG, Dak has been Good, not Great. Even in his rookie year, he was a fringe QB1 or just outside it in most scoring systems. The big appeal was that he came at a cost of absolutely nothing because he got the starting job at the end of August. If your league drafted before then, you could get him off the wire with a quick click.

That said, I do think he's a solid late-round choice this year, particularly if you're trying to get your QB for free again. 300 rushing yards and half-a-dozen TDs on the ground make for a very nice starting point that late.

I think Prescott is a mediocre to below average QB who had the luxury of an elite RB, quality safety valves (Witten & Dez), and an elite OLine... and his production was only "decent". This year, with a good, but not elite, OLine, no quality passing targets, and Elliott, I think Prescott will lead (if you want to use that word), the Cowboys to a 3-13 record. He will pass for about 3000 yards with 15 TD's and 10 or so Int's.

Look for Dallas to be looking at a QB in next years draft.

He's a serviceable QB in fantasy with a good weekly upside but that also means he has weekly downside.

He's not a bad QB to have as a back up or to wait on.

He'll do fine this season and will get a little boost from his rushing stats

I have an owner in my league who agree with you. His first two picks were Wilson and Dak. And no,... we do not play two QBs 😎

Im a cowboy fan back to the Staughback era, this is why i dont like other Cowboy fans. Im hoping for what Tbay says and its a pocket passer, but even then they will need a WR1.

Im a cowboy fan back to the Staughback era, this is why i dont like other Cowboy fans. Im hoping for what Tbay says and its a pocket passer, but even then they will need a WR1.

I don't like Cowboys fans who cheer for the team to go 3-13

I like Dak a lot this year... IMO the line is extremely blurred after the 2nd tier as far as QBs go, and taking two late QBs and riding the hot hand could mean fantasy succese... you could do a lot worse than pairing Dak with Goff or Jameis... I'm not sure that will be my strategy. But any 3 of those guys could land in the top 10 by seasons end.

You know, I have mixed feelings about Dak.

I do think he is a solid QB, but I dont think hes one of those QB's that is great at improvising. This is why Dez couldnt put up good numbers playing with him. Dez has talent, but does not run great routes.

That being said... any solid WR who runs great routes might actually be better for Dak, but I'd say the variance in terms of what he could score is wider than most QB's who are expected to score similar fantasy points wise. so lower floor, higher ceiling. I'd draft him as a second QB late in the draft because there is still potentially QB1 upside, but I do not think I'd want him as my starter in a one QB league.