Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

anybody up?

:wave:

Just got back. need a recipe?

:D

Actually, since it's you, Let me share A recipe with you. Or at least a description.

My mom used to make the most Unusual yet delicious And unique enchiladas I've ever had in my life. And I've never found another place that could quite replicate them.

She would grind cooked chicchicken, whatever spices you want to, bay leaf seranos, Whatever. In her case, she would boil the chicken.

After the chicken cooled She would manually grind it Through a grinder that had to be at least at the time 70 years old.She would throw in Generous amounts of Golden raisins And slivered almonds.

From there, That was the filling And You would make enchiladas The same way that anybody else would.

The reasons were perfect sweet, moist foil against The dryness Inherent in chicken and the Heat of the enchilada sauce. The slivered almonds would get Ground up even further and provide this fantastic And completely unexpected texture and crunch To the filling.

She was an amazing cook. But this Was probably one of the most unique dishes I've ever eaten in my life

• Like 1

I am trying to come up with The name right now.Trying to come up The name right now. A place had steak nights in houston that involves olive oil, garlic and no more than 2 other ingredients It's a pretty common name, I just can't think of it right now. It is a relatively common condiment.

Not to go all Giants fans, But if I were to recommend one so-called secret ingredient? White pepper Rules.

Grinding the raisin/almonds is a different way to go. Not uncommon to use in mole.

Love chimichuri

Not to go all Giants fans,

Too late.

Well, we know if tantastic is up, it won't last long...

:lol:

I heard tana tried to delete that thread, but hasn't been able to peenie much of anything lately. :(

Hey Wiff....my moms getting sucker by the day. She refuses to see the neurologists and now hates me in place of my dad. Dr told me today to either have her commited for a psch evaluation or let her keep going and wait to see what happens. What did or would you do? I'm sick about both options. The dementia is bad but she's not a threat to herself, yet.

I don't know what to do. I'm in the same boat you were in but without the resources. It's killing me.

The best I can tell you is that the pendulum has really swung with regard to Involuntary commitment. From my experience, not that I've tried it but from what I've been taught, She really does pretty much have to be a threat to herself or others.

Best advice? Try to convince her to go see the doctor and phrase it that way. Explain that they might have medications that can make Her life easier and happier. And if there's any way possible, do it with at least one witness.If she refuses, at least you can say that you tried. After that, let the chips fall where they may.

The best I can tell you is that the pendulum has really swung with regard to Involuntary commitment. From my experience, not that I've tried it but from what I've been taught, She really does pretty much have to be a threat to herself or others.

Best advice? Try to convince her to go see the doctor and phrase it that way. Explain that they might have medications that can make Her life easier and happier. And if there's any way possible, do it with at least one witness.If she refuses, at least you can say that you tried. After that, let the chips fall where they may.

I've tried everything. There is no reasoning with a sick person like her. Talked to the neurologist today. He told me that I covered all my avenues and that if she does hurt herself, it was her decision. She declined the past four appointments she had with him. Told me that he and my dad conspired against her. She's paranoid and hides things because of them. I'm now the bad guy in place of my dad who did everything he could to keep her out of a home. She says the most mean and ugly things to me. It's rough on the phchce to witness and hear your own mother tell you how much she hates you. I made the mistake of telling her today about how much I do for her after she asked me "what the fawk do you do for me"? After I told her a brief description hoping she'd realize what I do, she went off on me detailing in depth what a piece of sh!t I am.

Realized tonight that there is no reasoning and it's a waste of time to try. Those that are closests to her will always be the bad guy. But she's my mom. Not quitting on her. Even though she hates me.

Believe me, I am in Roughly the same boat.I've witnessed it with other relatives before. My own personal beliefs, and you don't have to agree with it, Is dementia is a lot like alcohol. It doesn't make you do anything That wasn't already in your mind in the first place. It just removes the filter and intensifies The outcome.

Believe me, I am in Roughly the same boat.I've witnessed it with other relatives before. My own personal beliefs, and you don't have to agree with it, Is dementia is a lot like alcohol. It doesn't make you do anything That wasn't already in your mind in the first place. It just removes the filter and intensifies The outcome.

Wow! Did you read that? Because that is EXACTLY what is happening. My dad was, you know. That'll keep me up most nights. Karma baby. She told me today, "That little b!tch that gave you to me didn't want you......and this is the thanks I get!!!" She has only brought up my adoption once in my whole life. The night she told me, and never again have we spoke of it till she brought it up today. She's getting even with all of those she loved and doesn't even realize it. Thanks Wiff. I needed to hear that.

De nada,I told my mom Three or four years ago that my biggest fear was that she would end up Dying alone because she has alienated virtually everyone in her life.

And it has come to pass.Understand there's a part of you that is sad, and probably even a little guilty, I get all of that because I feel the same way. But at a certain point, there's only so much you can do.

The guilt is what is going to get me. I have it with my dad and now my mom. I can't let things go. I haven't had time to let my dad go yet. He died six months ago and I still haven't properly grieved his passing. I know there is such a thing. I haven't though. I've never lost anyone close to me in my 47 years of life till my dad died. No one close. And the first one I lose is my dad who was the best man at my wedding and I was priveledged enough to work with for 25 years. His wife, my mother, now hates him, and me, for things that cannot pass without guilt.

Thanks Wiff. Your an angel. I mean that in a positive way. You woke my ass up and have made me look forward and not backwards. I owe you one. :cheers:

Not to get all preachy here, where I go all Kumbaya on your ass, but.

From my own personal experience, Just understand that grief ain't nothing like the measles. You don't get over it. And unlike the measles ,Just cuz you grieve at a certain point, Doesn't mean you're never going to grieve again.

The people who try to tell you that oh well, Time Heals all wounds? What a worthless f****** platitude.At best, time is like emotional Valtrex period Over time the frequency and duration Of the outbreaks of grief Will reduce , But on any given day, A laugh, A memory, Whatever Will bring you right back to the very first day that you got the news.

For example, My brother loved animated movies. And he had the best laugh ever watching those movies.Recently I saw an ad for Finding Dory And I teared up all over again. Because after 12 freaking years The grief came rushing back Like a tidal wave. And all I can think is I wish Steve could be here to see that movie And laugh his signature laugh.

The point being, Grief isn't something you get over It is now a part of you As much as any appendage or organ In your body.Don't for a minute think that there is a fixed amount of time Whete suddenly That grief will stop Being a part of you.

Just don't let it own you, don't let it cripple you. But after all these years, I guess there's a part of me that believes that grief is one way We keep our loved ones Alive in us.

And ,When you think of it that way, It's not so damn bad.

My doctor prescribed me Xanax recently. I told him thanks but no thanks. He said I was the first patient he had in twenty years to decline it. When he asked why I did so, I said, "Mixed emotions and ups and downs are like the seasons. When you miss one, it fawks up the entire year. I like my seasons." This was twenty minutes after he stuck his finger up my ass. I think I was still giddy after losing my virginity.

My ex wife's grandmother once, in the hospital, became convinced that my ex wife was in a satanic cult and doing rituals at our house.

Then, some orderly came in to do some sh!t. She started screaming "a n!gger is trying to rape me."

That was a fun week.