Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

israel palestine conflict, a tutorial

Did you even read what he was replying to?

oof

yes he was equating the usa and isreal, you focking imbecile

"I know, let's create the state of Israel for the Jews where there are already some Arabs living. What could go wrong?"

-1948 people

yes didn't you know, isreal stole land from a state that didn't even exist. Their tricky like dat.

Were you listening to the dude's story?

Were rockets being fired from there ?

If so anyone with common sense would place the blame on those firing the rockets.

Pretty simple really.

If so anyone with common sense would place the blame on those firing the rockets.

Pretty simple really.

Good question, and I don't know the answer. I'm sure Israel had some reason for the air strike unless it was a mistake in coordinates or something like that.

But no, it's not quite that simple anyways. Yes you would blame those using a refugee camp for launching attacks, for sure. Doesn't mean you just indiscriminately kill or maim every legitimate refugee in the camp though. As usual we are dealing with shades of grey rather than black and white, but I know that has been a very difficult concept for you historically.

Shades of gray huh.

Nah pretty simple, stop firing rockets from those areas.

Do you think they use those locations on an accident ?

Doesn't isreal send warning shots?

Ok, some sick focko lays his kid down on a train track, is it the conductors fault the kid gets run over

?

Like i said, simple...really

yes he was equating the usa and isreal, you focking imbecile

Your comprehension is quite poor to what was actually said...though, yes, the Israelis have taken land. To deny such things is, well, expected from you.

Getting kind of hard to argue that Israel isn't out of hand with their actions

Im sure some still will.

And betting its mostly down the party lines and to the right who think Israel can do no wrong.

Just posting this Im probably also considered to be defending Palestinian action and regurgitating lefty talking points.

Pretty simple really.

Anyone with common sense realizes these are mobile rockets that end up long one before any Israeli strike hits...and firing an attack on an UN shelter should unanimously be seen as a bad move.

got an update on this story worms ?

If you've got something to post, then by all means post it. Nobody cares for this coy bullsh!t. Christ, that's something a woman would do.

For the record, I disagree with Kerry and Obummer on this. I think Israel shouldn't be pestered into ending the war until they've eliminated the tunnels and destroyed as many missiles as they can find.

For the record, I disagree with Kerry and Obummer on this. I think Israel shouldn't be pestered into ending the war until they've eliminated the tunnels and destroyed as many missiles as they can find.

Agree on the tunnels...missiles too...if they can find them.

The us pestering them to stop the conflict is just for show and everyone knows. Its the 800lb elephant in the room. Everyone knows we yell at them in public and then in private tell them to do what needs to be done and make it quick. In the meantime no country attacks Israel because A. their big brother(us) will step in and B. It is pretty widely accepted that they have nukes from us.

We practice selective annihilation of mayors and government officials, for example
to create a vacuum.
Then we fill that vacuum.
As popular war advances
Peace is closer

Not necessarily germane to the topic at hand, but I love the quote, so suck my clunk.

Not a huge fan of Jews or Arabs. If I had to pick one, I guess I'd go Jew. At least they can behave somewhat civilized.

This kid is the son of the founder of Hamas. Brave and well aware dude to reject his militant upbringing. Go ahead and click the link, he'll tell you exactly what they believe as he was indoctrinated in it from age five. He speaks the truth.

----

“Hamas doesn't care about the lives of Palestinians. Does not care about the lives of Israelis or Americans. They don’t care about their own lives. They consider dying for the sake of their ideology a way of worship. And how can you continue in that society?”

"Well, Hamas is not seeking co-existence and compromise. Hamas is seeking conquest and taking over. And, by the way, Israel – the destruction of the state of Israel is not Hamas’ final destination. Hamas’ final destination is building the Islamic Caliphate, which means an Islamic state on the rubble of every other civilization. These are the ultimate goals of the movement"

Israel has gone too far

JERUSALEM — As Israel began to redeploy significant numbers of its troops away from populated areas of Gaza on Sunday, an Israeli Air Force missile struck near the entrance of a United Nations school sheltering displaced Palestinians in Rafah, killing 10 people and wounding 35 others and drawing a new round of international condemnation.
The growing civilian death toll has stirred outrage in Europe and large parts of the Arab world and, combined with Sunday’s strike near the Rafah school, prompted Secretary General Ban Ki-moon of the United Nations to call the attack a “moral outrage and a criminal act” and to demand that those responsible for the “gross violation of international humanitarian law” be held accountable.
The State Department also condemned in harsh terms what it called “today’s disgraceful shelling” outside the school in Rafah. Witnesses near the school, where about 3,000 Palestinians had sought shelter, said that those killed or hurt were waiting in line for food supplies when a missile hit. A State Department spokeswoman, Jen Psaki, said that “the suspicion that militants are operating nearby does not justify strikes that put at risk the lives of so many innocent civilians.”
The Israeli Army said that it had targeted with the missile three members of Islamic Jihad on a motorcycle near the school, not the school itself, and was investigating a possible secondary explosion when the motorcycle was hit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/04/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-conflict.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpSumSmallMedia&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

If there were suspected militents using the camp as cover then Israel is justified in the shelling. I feel no sympathy at all for the palastinians. they allow themselves to be used as shields and then want to cry when they get hurt.

That is simply not true drobs. Hamas only helps clean up litter and walk old ladies across the street. They would never use the civilian population as a shield to stage terror attacks.

That is simply not true drobs. Hamas only helps clean up litter and walk old ladies across the street. They would never use the civilian population as a shield to stage terror attacks.

you're right, they are a peaceful tolerant bunch who just want to live in peace and harmony alongside Isreal.

If there were suspected militents using the camp as cover then Israel is justified in the shelling. I feel no sympathy at all for the palastinians. they allow themselves to be used as shields and then want to cry when they get hurt.

3 guys sitting on motorcycles = allowing themselves to be shields by this school that was sheltering people that probably already lost their homes to Israeli missiles.

I agree that they allow some of this and can't complain over all of it.

I have an issue in a situation like this if its 3 guys on motorcycles by a school/shelter You don't focking shell it that close to it knowing you will kill far more innocent people than militants.

Is anyone denying they shoot from civilian areas?

You know...its ok for you all to admit that Israel goes too far sometimes. They won't take away your right to vote straight party line down the right in the next election.

Israel should completely destroy Hamas. Civilian deaths are just an unfortunate result since they elected a terrorist organization to run their country. I have zero sympathy for a populous that elected, tolerates, and supports this kind of government.

Israel should completely destroy Hamas. Civilian deaths are just an unfortunate result since they elected a terrorist organization to run their country. I have zero sympathy for a populous that elected, tolerates, and supports this kind of government.

Exactly.

If you elect terrorists who run on a platform of shooting rockets indiscriminately into civilian areas of your neighbor you should expect bad things to happen. If you don't like getting bombed, elect people who can live in a civilized world.

Perhaps...but how many hurt are children? Or those that don't support Hamas?

Perhaps...but how many hurt are children? Or those that don't support Hamas?

Evacuate like Israel warned them to do. If the parents of dead children voted for Hamas, then they asked for it.

I love the "show restraint" comments from Americans knowing we wouldn't. If Canada started lobbing missiles into America......I wonder what would happen?????

Is anyone denying they shoot from civilian areas?

I think it's fair to say that neither side considers any person on the other side to be a civilian. In fact I would say neither side considers any person on their own side to be a civilian.

Evacuate like Israel warned them to do. If the parents of dead children voted for Hamas, then they asked for it.

The children asked for it by being born to such parents?

Nice.

Evacuate their homes...and go where? To say...a UN shelter? Oops...that may not be safe either if some guys are close by on motorcycles.

I think it's fair to say that neither side considers any person on the other side to be a civilian. In fact I would say neither side considers any person on their own side to be a civilian.

Interesting as very few Israeli civilian lives have been lost.

I think part of the problem is that sides don't see others as civilian.

I love the "show restraint" comments from Americans knowing we wouldn't. If Canada started lobbing missiles into America......I wonder what would happen?????

Given our policies in the past of limiting collateral damage...I doubt we would just be firing into UN shelters because of a guy on a vespa was outside of it.

And drobs calling me a hack is always funny...keep towing that party line drobs.

The children asked for it by being born to such parents?

Nice.

Evacuate their homes...and go where? To say...a UN shelter? Oops...that may not be safe either if some guys are close by on motorcycles.

No. The parents asked for it. Again. It's an unfortunate side affect of tolerating a terrorist organization as their leaders. Palestine is not big. They should be able to find safety.

Given our policies in the past of limiting collateral damage...I doubt we would just be firing into UN shelters because of a guy on a vespa was outside of it.

And drobs calling me a hack is always funny...keep towing that party line drobs.

We killed plenty of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan.