I for one appreciate the recepies. There is only one reason I would ever bother to cook something like this, and that is to separate a female from her undergarments. I venture to guess that roast chicken with honey lavender sauce, paired with a couple of nice bottles of Riesling, would do the job nicely.

I for one appreciate the recepies. There is only one reason I would ever bother to cook something like this, and that is to separate a female from her undergarments. I venture to guess that roast chicken with honey lavender sauce, paired with a couple of nice bottles of Riesling, would do the job nicely.

white rhone

Is that similar to a Gewürztraminer?

main similarity is that they can both give floral notes.

white rhones include: viognier, marsanne, roussane

main similarity is that they can both give floral notes.

white rhones include: viognier, marsanne, roussane

Hmm. Never tried that. I usually go with reisling for a white.

your sweeter Rieslings and Gewurztraminer are going pair better with cheeses, foie gras, Moroccan, middle eastern, thai, burmese,

Hmm. Never tried that. I usually go with reisling for a white.

reislings can be dramatically different from each other.... from tremendously sweet to bone dry. i lean towards the drier side, but those sweet wines are great with specific foods.

reislings can be dramatically different from each other.... from tremendously sweet to bone dry. i lean towards the drier side, but those sweet wines are great with specific foods.

chateau st Michelle dry riesling is like $8 a bottle and is very good for the price... picked it up once by accident to cook with and drank most the bottle, then have bought again a few times...

don't forget the post meal bubble bath and greys anatomy marathon

chateau st Michelle dry riesling is like $8 a bottle and is very good for the price... picked it up once by accident to cook with and drank most the bottle, then have bought again a few times...

ch. st. michelle is fine. i am drawn to many rielsings from alsace (a region in france that borders germany). a lot of influence from both countries in their cooking.... german architecture, german bier, french/german cuisine and wine.

• Like 1

ch. st. michelle is fine. i am drawn to many rielsings from alsace (a region in france that borders germany). a lot of influence from both countries in their cooking.... german architecture, german bier, french/german cuisine and wine.

Interesting, I thought all rieslings were sweet -- I didn't know there were dry versions. :cheers:

Also I love the quote in your sig. :thumbsup:

Roux is the basis for just about any good sauce of gravy. You'd have to live under a rock not to know that.

Yup. I've got a great recipe for Gumbo roux. Not sharing. If you want one that's similar, check out River Road recipes 1and 2.Rhe two must have cook books for southern creole cooking. All others are copies of these. You're welcome.

Yup. I've got a great recipe for Gumbo roux. Not sharing. If you want one that's similar, check out River Road recipes 1and 2.Rhe two must have cook books for southern creole cooking. All others are copies of these. You're welcome.

My Roux is VERY salty. Good protein as well !

Interesting, I thought all rieslings were sweet -- I didn't know there were dry versions. :cheers:

Also I love the quote in your sig. :thumbsup:

common flavors and aromas from rielsing can be very fruity, which can deceive the palette to believe it is sweet. sweet and dry are very good with spicy foods (though i do not love them with cajun/creole) and asian

flavors: apricot, apple, pineapple, lychee, lime, peach, nectarine

aromas: honey/honeysuckle, ginger, white flowers, even petrol

quote: i will concede that challenge might do both

Paging Mr Meister :wave: it's a new week where is the weekly recipe ???

I have been crushed at work (and running around when not) for the past 2 weeks. exhausted. i've been cooking, but too tired to post much. i will get something going later tonight. you guys want a new thread?

I vote Same thread but update the title with new recipe. But what do I know -I'm half a Phag for even asking for a new recipe.

I vote Same thread but update the title with new recipe. But what do I know -I'm half a Phag for even asking for a new recipe.

Don't sell yourself short.

• Like 1

i am not seeing an option to change the title.

i am not seeing an option to change the title.

If you go to your first post and click edit you can change the title. Just an FYI

ah... it's under "full editor"

ah... it's under "full editor"

Or what I said above too

I tried this recipe but couldn't find any lavender so I used lemon grass.

I tried this recipe but couldn't find any lavender so I used lemon grass.

That will be a significant change. what did you do with the lemongrass?

titans- i thought we had a discussion about reisling in the past.

titans- i thought we had a discussion about reisling in the past.

Im sure we have. Hang around here long enough, and its just the same conversations over and over.

Im not really a wine guy much anymore. But sweet reisling is great wine to feed chicks that want to appear classy buy dont actually drink wine.

I don't believe in florals when it comes to cooking or eating. The same thing goes with florals and cheese. Knock it off.

Except Saffron.

I don't believe in florals when it comes to cooking or eating. The same thing goes with florals and cheese. Knock it off.

Except Saffron.

I agree. Here in china you see Rose flavored stuff sometimes. Roses look nice. Smell nice. Taste like sh!t. Stop it.

• Like 1

@fricker66 

I used to serve a honey, lavender duck. While my wife will always try duck I make or order, she just doesn’t like it. I adjusted for chicken.  I have also done this for turkey leg/thighs.

On 7/11/2015 at 5:31 PM, wiffleball said:

might as well splash a little obsession mixed with polo on the bird.

Are you saying these scents are overpowering? Because my 7th grade self would strongly disagree. 

I avoid florals on fowl, and tilt more towards earthy flavor profiles like motor oil and feces.  I like to bring my chicken in 10w40 and then create a diarhea mop during the cook.

On 7/12/2015 at 3:15 PM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

A bottle of Rohypnol  or Chloroform works even better. 

:itsatip: