Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

How does your league handle the I/R

I should of posted this during the week since most of you smart people are not on during the weekends.

How do you handle I/R.... We used to do the honor system if a player is known to be not playing you can pick up a replacement - which is good for the league as it is $3 per transaction.

Then one year a total DBag had both Defenses on a Bye so he put the entire Ravens D on I/R and picked up a replacement - this was a HUUUUGE blowout between all owners and as Commish I instituted the player has to be listed as OUT by the NFL before you can place the player on I/R. (BTW the DBag is no longer in the league)

Now league owners are screaming for a change - Last year (or two years ago) Mike Vick was obviously hurt and not going to play but the Iggles did not list him as OUT and the owner tried to put him in I/R and I had to block it - argument was everyone and their mother knew Vick was not going to play and my answer he is dressed and on the sideline - you cannot I/R him - say he does come in for one play and throws a TD and he is on I/R.....

I know this was lengthy but how does your league handle the I/R ??

We had the same problem of policing it....so we dumped it. Too many guys "forgetting" what the spot was for.

We had the same problem of policing it....so we dumped it. Too many guys "forgetting" what the spot was for.

- ditto, scrap the fockin' thing, it's a joke.

Only my keeper leagues have an IR slot, and it really is only for players on true season-ending IR whom you may want to keep. The commish makes sure that no one sneaks one of the 8-week IR guys onto it.

Only my keeper leagues have an IR slot, and it really is only for players on true season-ending IR whom you may want to keep. The commish makes sure that no one sneaks one of the 8-week IR guys onto it.

Ditto. In our keeper league, the IR spot is only for players out for the year. You can only keep a player there if you have the intention of keeping said player.

HHMMMM Good to know - I thought all leagues used the I/R and I see I cannot be more wrong.

We don't do IR in any of the leagues I am in , we see them as a woman's hope chest .

Agreed, if anyone bitches about losing the IR, just give everyone 1 more roster spot to do with as they want. That way no1 is crying and you don't have to police who is/isn't in that extra spot.

Agreed, if anyone bitches about losing the IR, just give everyone 1 more roster spot to do with as they want. That way no1 is crying and you don't have to police who is/isn't in that extra spot.

Bingo.

If a player is doubtful he can be put on IR and a replacement can be picked up. The guy who put a defense on IR was ok, it's commissioner fault for allowing such an easy loophole.

We don't do IR.

All FA is first come first served period.

Is cut throat true.

But it is what it is.

We have IR in one of my keeper leagues. A player cannot be put on IR unless he is officially listed as Out. If you put the player on IR, they have to stay on IR for 3 weeks. If he is still listed as Out after the 3 weeks, you can keep him on IR, otherwise you have to take him off IR.

Any commish, if he is in his right mind, will not have an IR in redraft leagues. Add an extra round/roster spot if you have too, but thats what your bench is for. IR just creates to many headaches.

In a keeper league an IR spot is fine, as long as the guy is out of the year.

We have IR in one of my leagues. We use MFL. The player has to officially be listed as "Out". Suspension does not count and if you draft them and they are already out, you can't put them on IR. Only players that go on IR during the season can go on IR. If they are listed as doubtful, questionable....can't be put on. System won't let you. It's pretty full proof.

• Like 1