Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

Nate Diaz vs Conor McGregor

It’s the massive rematch at the top of the card, with Conor McGregor hoping to redeem himself after having to tap out against Nate Diaz at UFC 196 in March. Betting has been fast and furious on both fighters, with McGregor holding on as a slight favorite.

“I opened McGregor at -130, with the comeback on Diaz at even money,” said Kalikas, who first posted his odds in June. “Early on, it was all Nate Diaz action. A lot of bettors were surprised he was the underdog. But McGregor, with all the popularity and hype around him, that all comes into play, and you have to shade the line that way. As we get closer to fight time, I expect more McGregor action.”

Nate Diaz 19 Wins / 10 Losses

Conor McGregor 19 Wins / 3 Losses

Who ya rooting for and who ya betting on?

Nate Diaz 19 Wins / 10 Losses

Conor McGregor 19 Wins / 3 Losses

Who ya rooting for and who ya betting on?

Not rooting for anyone, but Diaz should once again prove to be a handful for McGregor. At 155, Connor has a massive striking/power advantage, but Diaz has been hit that hard before at 170 and has shown to have an excellent chin. McGregor has excellent take down defense, which he will need, because if Diaz gets him down, he will submit him...or break his arm into 7 pieces. Standing Connor's footwork and striking are better than Diaz, who has developed into a capable fighter, but not in Connor's class. I take McGregor if it goes to a decision because most likely the fight was mostly standing. Vegas has CM as a 4-1 favorite, but I see it much closer to a tossup. Just based on the odds, I would put my money on Nate, I don't see him as much of an underdog.

Vegas has CM as a 4-1 favorite, but I see it much closer to a tossup.

No, actually the odds are close to even. McGregor is only a slight favorite (-120).

No, actually the odds are close to even. McGregor is only a slight favorite (-120).

Focking BleacherReport. :wall:

Thanks for correction. Guess, if anything I'll root for Connor, so they can stage a rubber match and we can watch these guys trash talk each other again.

I've got money on McGregor, but it feels like a sucker bet. It's usually wise to go against the public who likes to bet on big names.

Remember Pacquiao vs Mayweather. The public was all over Pacquiao, but every real gambler knew that was ridiculous.

Ive always been a big fan of the Diaz brothers....i think unless McGregor uses his leg kicks and slows nate down...diaz wins again...submission

Getting ready to watch this. Looks like one more fight to go before this starts. :banana:

Hell yes. The fan poll judged McGregor to be the winner by a large margin and I agree. Still an amazing fight.

I'm not a big MMA guy so I don't know much about Diaz. But judging from his post interview... what a scum bag.

Good fight, 2nd round, IMO, was the toss-up. Connor got the knock-down, Nate dominated the last 3 minutes. Biggest surprise was that none of the action was on the mat, 1 take down the entire fight, wow. Said if it went to a decision it would go to Connor and it did, he's a better stand-up fighter. IF they decide to have a rubber match, I hope it's at a catch weight, 163-165...155 favors CM way too much. He can say that he went up to 170 and beat Nate, but Nate beat him on 11 days notice, so I consider that a push.

IMO, Connor is probably a better fighter, but man, Nate is like Rocky, 110% heart, hard to root against that guy.

That was a solid fight. When they did the McGregor first judge, draw second...I was waiting for them to pull the Diaz third judge.

That third fight is gonna make some serious coin

Next time, Diaz won't wait so long on the takedowns. That fight goes another 30 seconds, Conor is out cold. Should have given the fight to Diaz on the finish, alone.

Diaz might have done a lot better if that cut wasn't dripping blood in his eyes. I think the main reason he tried to keep McGregor against the fence was so he'd know where to punch. He was fighting blind.

What a fight!! I agree with the result. Connor clearly won 1 and 4. 3 was clearly Diaz, and 2/5 were close. The whole card was just awesome. Best 60$ I've spent on UFC in a while.

Rumbles fight where knocked out the dude in 10 seconds was pretty cool too. Right on the chin, guy was on dream street.

Next time, Diaz won't wait so long on the takedowns. That fight goes another 30 seconds, Conor is out cold. Should have given the fight to Diaz on the finish, alone.

Because that is how fights are judged........You are worthless to this place.

Great fight but it went pretty much the way I was worried about with Diaz like I mentioned before the fight. He's so susceptible to the front leg kick.

In the third round where he had Connor running away that's pretty much when he needed to take him down and pound him out but just never really gave that a great shot.

Give it to Connor he fought a great fight. I can't see Diaz coming down to 155 for the third match. But you never know.

Why wouldn't Diaz come down to 155, that's his normal weight class. Nick Diaz is normally the one fighting at 170. McGregor wasn't dominate at 155, one of the reasons he moved to 145. Connor is a great fighter, Diaz is not. Diaz is, however, a stylistic problem for McGregor.

Watching the fight, I thought Diaz won rounds 2,3, and 5. 2 and 5 were close though, and McGregor won one of them according to two of the judges. Great fight either way.

Bring on number three!

Why wouldn't Diaz come down to 155, that's his normal weight class. Nick Diaz is normally the one fighting at 170. McGregor wasn't dominate at 155, one of the reasons he moved to 145. Connor is a great fighter, Diaz is not. Diaz is, however, a stylistic problem for McGregor.

Watching the fight, I thought Diaz won rounds 2,3, and 5. 2 and 5 were close though, and McGregor won one of them according to two of the judges. Great fight either way.

Bring on number three!

I just meant that that's the way Connor said after the fight he would do a third one. Just not sure if he is would do that. And I agree I thought diaz won 2 3 & 5.

Because that is how fights are judged........You are worthless to this place.

Stfu, idiot. Thanks for your valuable input to the thread.

The fight was more or less a tossup. In that case, seeing the fact Diaz had him mounted (high on the chest, no less) and was pounding the last 10 seconds swung it for me.

Bell doesn't ring there, McGregor gets knocked out very soon.

Stfu, idiot. Thanks for your valuable input to the thread.

The fight was more or less a tossup. In that case, seeing the fact Diaz had him mounted (high on the chest, no less) and was pounding the last 10 seconds swung it for me.

Bell doesn't ring there, McGregor gets knocked out very soon.

But the bell rung dicklips. Keep making what ifs to support your stupidity. You are ALMOST making sense.

Bring on number three!

I think Nate has said that 155 was too much for him to cut most of the time. Think his natural weight class is probably 170, but for a third shot at Connor Mac, he'd probably cut for that.

I had nate 3-2 but im a huge Diaz fan.

Was a good fight for aure but Conor did some running away. I was hoping for a 3rd round finish because I knew itd end in a Conor decision.

Love how Conor says all this 3rd fight will be at 155 on my terms crap. Hey idiot you are the one who wanted the rematch at 170.

Conor is such a dork.

I think Nate has said that 155 was too much for him to cut most of the time. Think his natural weight class is probably 170, but for a third shot at Connor Mac, he'd probably cut for that.

He has said he wasnt foing to keep cutting to 155 for the checks he used to make.

But he was willing to fight at 155 this last time. He has been a 155 most all his career jumping to 170 for 4 fights when he was losing at 155. Only to return to 155 for several more

Nate's weight class is 155 and always has been. I'm sure he would like to not cut and make big checks but he can go to 155 again and was willing to do that. Conor and his ego wanted the rematch again at 170 so he could gloat or make an excuse.

The big quote last fight wqs "weight and size does not matter" He, Dana, and his fans all loved to jerk off on that quote. But I have never seen anyone talk about weight more than him. Even in winning he went on the mic and mentions weight yet again. He likes to have it both ways. Look like a hero for being willing to fight a bigger guy. And have it as a back pocket excuse if he loses.

But the bell rung dicklips. Keep making what ifs to support your stupidity. You are ALMOST making sense.

Lol

Lol

Why are you clowns in this thread, other than to troll?

Focking idiots have ABSOLUTELY nothing to add to the topic.

Go back to doing that in your Trump circle jerks.

• Like 1

No

“I thought I won that fight. They can’t have a motherf**ker like me winning, I’m too real for this sport. They gotta get me out while they can. But it’s all good, though. I came into this fight worse off than last time, I couldn’t train, I had injuries. F**k that. I didn’t make any excuses, but he shoulda finished me off.” - Nate Diaz

What a class act.

Lol

more importantly.

why are you focking losers here on a weekend?

more importantly.

why are you focking losers here on a weekend?

Someone has to pick up the slack when you're gone.