Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Dri Archer

anyone prospecting on him in the wake of the 2 dummies getting busted?

It doesn't change Archer's value at all. He is not a NFL sized RB. More importantly this will not effect either Blount or Bell this year.

This.... Only concern here is Bell, first offender so expect a slap on the wrist. See R. Rice - knocked out and dragged his wife and got a 2 game suspension. Steelers punishment may be more harsh then that of the NFL.

anyone prospecting on him in the wake of the 2 dummies getting busted?

No . What more can he do , he is small there is no way his stock improves because of them two guys .

Agree with the Steelers punishment possibly being worse than the NFL's. It isn't good for Bell owners as I have posted my opinion before; I believe Blount was going to take a considerable amount of his carries anyway. The Rooney's may opt to suspend him, or simply sit him for a period in time. Regardless, it moves Blount up some in my rankings, although I am not drafting him anyway.... lol People taking Bell early may be surprised at the outcome of his season.

I have both Bell and Blount in one league. I am not yet making a move for Archer - a 5' 7" 175lbs back. I don't think Archer is a capable 3 down back in the NFC. He is a change of pace guy.

As for the idiots... This is a first offence for Bell. If he gets anything, it might be a 2 game suspension and that might not happen until next year. These things take a while, and I think the NFL is reconsidering the severity of their marijuana stances. Blount has a checkered past, but I don't think they will come down on him hard either.

Also, I am not sure how this news gives more carries to Blount over Bell. They were both involved.

I would just hold tight with Bell and Blount until we know more.

I don't think any of it changes Archer's role much, though he's still going to be electric in the return game and on a handful of touches, hopefully with some space, because he might be the fastest guy with a ball in his hands in the league right now and a bigger threat than anyone to take any touch to the house.

I don't think any of it changes Archer's role much, though he's still going to be electric in the return game and on a handful of touches, hopefully with some space, because he might be the fastest guy with a ball in his hands in the league right now and a bigger threat than anyone to take any touch to the house.

ive been saying it 2 months, this kid's game speed DOES translate to the nfl from day 1.

i totally believe he is startable flex player right out of the gate. in reutn leagues, he's gold.

not just track fast, but game fast.

haley will get him involved a lot.

Can you imagine him in a Chip Kelly offense! Kid would be unreal. In the smashmouth Steelers offense I don't think he offers much though?

Can you imagine him in a Chip Kelly offense! Kid would be unreal. In the smashmouth Steelers offense I don't think he offers much though?

I think they'll use him. Get him a handful of touches in space on offense and have him as their guy on all returns.

I thought this was a really good thread, asking people to point out sleepers they felt were talented but hadn't shown it so much in the preseason that it blew their cover: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=434696&page=2&hl=archer&do=findComment&comment=5285553

GS3K simply noting Archer is what first made me take a closer look.

When I started to look at highlights, I found myself really impressed. The clip of him running through the Kentucky D like they are stuck in sand, particularly stood out to me.

• Like 1

He has faster straight line speed than Brandin Cooks, but doesn't change direction quite as quickly according to some of their measureables.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/dri-archer?id=2543596

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/brandin-cooks?id=2543498

Todd Haley's comparison of his running style to Jamaal Charles also caught my eye. Watching his highlights, he really does seem to effortlessly gallop past the defense, not unlike Charles, both of them doing a good job of maintaining their upfield speed, even as they maneuver past defenders.

According to the Pittsburgh Gazette the NFL and the Steelers can't suspend Bell until the issue is resolved legally (per the collective bargaining agreement) and that is unlikely to happen during this season, so go ahead and draft him accordingly. Jut tell your league mates he's done for 4-games minimum and pick him up in rounds 4/5.

According to the Pittsburgh Gazette the NFL and the Steelers can't suspend Bell until the issue is resolved legally (per the collective bargaining agreement) and that is unlikely to happen during this season, so go ahead and draft him accordingly. Jut tell your league mates he's done for 4-games minimum and pick him up in rounds 4/5.

They can choose to sit them tho. Yeah they are still getting paid but now they gotta watch their team competing without them and if the steelers lose with them on the bench watching, then now they are big scapegoats

- McCluster 2.0: from his size/measurables, right down to Haley.

no thanks :nono:

This. Beat me to it.

You are... NEWPOSTERGUY!!!

- McCluster 2.0: from his size/measurables, right down to Haley.

no thanks :nono:

McCluster has a 4.58 40, this guy has 4.26 speed. Not the same in that regard at all. Only similar in stature. Archer is a game breaker, and he often makes it look effortless.

All depends on how much the Steelers use him. It may not be much, initially, but I think he'll earn touches the more he plays. In my return yardage league I'm hoping he gets all returns.

As a Steelers fan I must say, Pittsburgh hasn't had a "smashmouth" offense in over 5 years. When they beat Arizona in the Super Bowl in 2009, Willie Parker was their main running back. He was a speed guy, unlike Bam Morris, Barry Foster, and Jerome Bettis.

Smashmouth? Have you seen the no huddle offense they are running?

Could be a 3rd round steal for the Steelers. They may have a big weapon on their hands. I am excited, as long as he gets touches.

From preseason it actually looks like they intend to use him in various ways

From preseason it actually looks like they intend to use him in various ways

Seemed that way to me as well. Though, I'm not sure if it's a good sign that they didn't keep him under wraps in the last preseason game.

Anyone else draft this guy? I took him with my last pick. But now I am considering dropping him for Bryan Quick. Thoughts?

He's on my watch list

Bump esp. In return leagues. Ive won or made the playoffs 6 years in a row. Rewards by our league cutting two bench spots and reordering the draft based on record vs yahoo random. Result? Can't stab guys like this that I used to

He's on my watch list

Bump esp. In return leagues. Ive won or made the playoffs 6 years in a row. Rewards by our league cutting two bench spots and reordering the draft based on record vs yahoo random. Result? Can't stab guys like this that I used to

would you say Quick would be the better player to roster? or hold onto Archer?

On close calls I lean to rb. I think the rams wrs this year are going to be too unreliable week to week. I haven't seen a lot of b q but the little I've seen of archer I was impressed with his speed

• Like 1

I got him with the 4.2 pick in a PPR. Every time his name was brought up while we were drafting they kept saying he was getting suspended so I kept agreeing with them. I made him my 3rd RB & said thanks fellas!