Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Happy Football Days Wildcard Weekend

No OC is going to get that genius moniker by running the ball 30 times a game.

My brother an I used to joke that Norv would run up to Jimmy and tell him about all the passing plays he designed, and Jimmy would say "that's great Norv, now give the ball to Emmitt". It's why Jimmy has 3 rings and Norv has 5 jobs.

:doublethumbsup:

The offensive line should get some of the blame for allowing that FG attempt to be tipped...

No OC is going to get that genius moniker by running the ball 30 times a game.

My brother an I used to joke that Norv would run up to Jimmy and tell him about all the passing plays he designed, and Jimmy would say "that's great Norv, now give the ball to Emmitt". It's why Jimmy has 3 rings and Norv has 5 jobs.

True, but the numbers don't lie.

When Dak's legs are game planned into the offense, and he runs it 7 or so times a game - this offense clicks, this offense scores points... Red and Linehan continue to wait until the last few minutes of a game to get him on the move - and guess what, it works.

Nagy lost that game more than the kicker did. He choked up just like his mentor Andy.

Anybody seeing the stories going around about Parkey's missed FG being tipped at the line?

I can't see anything definitive, but one in the close up video, it looks like Hester's fingers get bent back slightly by the ball as it passes.

Maybe someone with better eyes than me can tell for sure.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/01/07/side-view-of-cody-parkeys-field-goal-confirms-ball-was-indeed-tipped-by-eagles-video/?fbclid=IwAR0pWO2Qj8DTch9-9d5DmON5O4m9it2iQty6priFA43ODtDqXaTyzxLa8pQ

If true, it changes the story from Parkey choking to Hester making a play.

Anybody seeing the stories going around about Parkey's missed FG being tipped at the line?

I can't see anything definitive, but one in the close up video, it looks like Hester's fingers get bent back slightly by the ball as it passes.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/01/07/side-view-of-cody-parkeys-field-goal-confirms-ball-was-indeed-tipped-by-eagles-video/?fbclid=IwAR0pWO2Qj8DTch9-9d5DmON5O4m9it2iQty6priFA43ODtDqXaTyzxLa8pQ

I heard about it yesterday. The spin of the ball does not look like it was tipped. It seemed to be pretty straight, end-over-end.

Mentioned that two posts above...

Never understood why they got rid of Gould when they did, dude was money.

I heard about it yesterday. The spin of the ball does not look like it was tipped. It seemed to be pretty straight, end-over-end.

I dont see the trajectory getting altered either. I think Parkey made up that rumor.

I dont see the trajectory getting altered either. I think Parkey made up that rumor.

Hester said:

Me and Haloti (Ngata) we got penetration, got the hand up like coach always says. Tipped off my fingertips, he said to Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Hester said:

Me and Haloti (Ngata) we got penetration, got the hand up like coach always says. Tipped off my fingertips, he said to Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

I know thats what he said, just saying it doesnt look like he tipped it to me. If he did graze it I doubt thats why Parkey missed it.

The current Eagles playoff success rests upon the double doink.

better than jerry and red...the double dooshes

Good call. Officially blocked numbnuts. Did you even see it or were you still slap fighting with Mr. Hand? Big fan.

I think we know who Mr Hand is now. Maybe go back to Bronx Narrowback, that was convincing. 😂

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/07/nfl-officially-changes-cody-parkeys-missed-field-goal-to-a-block/

Well the NFL says the kick was blocked

It won’t make Bears fans feel any better . . . or Cody Parkey for that matter. But the NFL officially changed Parkey’s 43-yard, game-winning attempt to a blocked field goal.
No one mentioned Parkey’s kick being blocked until postgame interviews when Eagles defensive lineman Treyvon Hester revealed he tipped the ball. It began a social media debate about whether Hester really touched the ball, with a “Zapruder film” type of frame-by-frame video of the kick.
The NFL, though, has made the change on its Game Statistics & Information System site. In the play by play from the game, it now lists the play as:
4-2-PHI 25 (:10) (Field Goal formation) C.Parkey 43 yard field goal is BLOCKED (T.Hester), Center-P.Scales, Holder-P.O’Donnell.
So it’s official: Hester blocked Parkey’s kick. Now, everyone can debate whether Hester’s tip was the reason Hester missed the kick, but the NFL apparently saw enough that it thinks Hester was the reason for Parkey’s miss.

Nice! I knew our superior desire and special teams would make the difference.

"Our". The guy who is right now googling Vai Sikahema

Getting laid might not fix HTs MDCTS but I bet it would help.