Sign in to follow this  
mattcoz

Waiver RB for the playoffs

Which of the waiver wire darlings this week do you think will have a bigger impact during the playoff weeks? With word that Lynch may be out just a couple weeks, Rawls gets downgraded. Allen seems like he could be the best option, but he's got a tough schedule. West will probably be back, so Ware isn't a great choice. What do you guys think?

Rawls great pickup

Buck Allen really solid pickup

Ware not sure yet? Maybe 1 week starter

I love Rawls and Buck Allen this week. I would go for both in any league they are available. Rawls is taken in every league I am in.

Congratulations all we've done it!!!! Bring out the confetti and the celebration gifs!!!!

Rotoworld)FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reports "indications" are Marshawn Lynch (abdomen) is expected to miss "about 4-5 weeks" with the hope that he's back by late-December.

Analysis: If Lynch misses only the next four weeks in this best-case scenario, that would have him back for Week 16, also known as fantasy championship week, against the Rams. Expecting him back that soon would be wishful thinking, so odds are Lynch will provide zero help the rest of the way. Thomas Rawls is locked in as the Seahawks' No. 1 running back the remainder of the re-draft season. Owners in a roster crunch can likely cut Lynch without suffering any repercussions down the stretch. Rawls has high-end RB1 upside the remainder of the season.

I think the only guy worth a priority waiver is Allen. I'd be more on board with trying to snake Powell, Draughn, Riddick, Thompson, Grimes, Bradshaw or Turbin with a late waiver or even from FA if they clear.

I like Bradshaw in ppr leagues I posted last week that I liked him going into last weeks game and from what I read Gore had a injury during last weeks game . So after Rawls and Allen I like Bradshaw . Happy Thanksgiving .

I lost Lynch, Romo and West this week. I suspect the injuries will keep piling up so I am stashing as many RBs as possible. I have been holding onto Karlos Williams but haven't started him if Shady's in the line up

Wondering if you guys think Bradshaw or any of the others you mentioned are worth a pick up over Williams. I think I'm just being impatient. But IND playoff schedule looks good and if Bradshaw gets red zone touches and Luck comes back, he could be pretty valuable. Thoughts?

Right now Rawls is the man to own ROS.

Ware is a one (two most) week plug and play.

Bradshaw is definitely worth owning and flexing for reasons stated above.

Don't sleep on Turbin. Nobody expects to DMC to avoid injury. Turbin looks solid, runs hard.

Roster Todman (D.Will's replacement in Pitt) if you can. D.Will is old too.

I think Draughn will continue to be okay enough. He'll hog the backfield.

Spiller has been bad because of lack of use but one injury to Ingram and Spiller is the guy.

With all the Pats injuries, James White could be used a lot more.

I also like Sims cause the coaches love him, even with martin playing well.

I lost Lynch, Romo and West this week. I suspect the injuries will keep piling up so I am stashing as many RBs as possible. I have been holding onto Karlos Williams but haven't started him if Shady's in the line up

Wondering if you guys think Bradshaw or any of the others you mentioned are worth a pick up over Williams. I think I'm just being impatient. But IND playoff schedule looks good and if Bradshaw gets red zone touches and Luck comes back, he could be pretty valuable. Thoughts?

I have taken the same approach in gobbling up RBs. It's not only protection for my own teams' injuries, but also limits choices for my opponents. The tough part is deciding who to play. (See roster of my main team, below.)

Looks like David Johnson is the back to have now! I guess there really is no way to predict this crazy season...

Is Gore about done? Herron have any value for a waiver pick? My top ribs are ivory and LMiller after losing my top 3 for the season.

Stepfan Taylor. Know it. Love it. Get it for pennies on the David Johnson Dollar.

• Like 1

So you had 5 RB1's?

Drafted all but miller. Nobody wanted ivory, and I got him in like round 12. I claimed miller after his owner gave up on him.

Drafted all but miller. Nobody wanted ivory, and I got him in like round 12. I claimed miller after his owner gave up on him.

I say this very, very rarely, as participation in a league and the enjoyment the owner receives from doing so is entirely on them – but if that's 10 teams or more, you may be playing in the worst league ever.

But kudos to you for having a rocking roster.

I say this very, very rarely, as participation in a league and the enjoyment the owner receives from doing so is entirely on them – but if that's 10 teams or more, you may be playing in the worst league ever.

But kudos to you for having a rocking roster.

Started 5-1, have since lost 4 of the last 6 weeks since I lost Charles. Always had the 10 or 9th spot in waiver order so lost out on the top gets. After losing last week, I now am one back in division and currently sitting with the 4th seed and still to far back to get the top waiver claims.

Stepfan Taylor. Know it. Love it. Get it for pennies on the David Johnson Dollar.

Do you say this because he's a handcuff or you think he'll have value regardless of DJ?

I ask because I've held David Johnson all the way through up until a few weeks ago. Love his talent but gave up on him with CJ?K running well, Ellington's return and most notably the coach's constant dismissal of DJ being a rookie, not being ready, etc. I still wonder if Arians will fully trust the rookie to carry the load and protect Palmer in blitz pickup with all that he's said up until now.

Do you say this because he's a handcuff or you think he'll have value regardless of DJ?

I ask because I've held David Johnson all the way through up until a few weeks ago. Love his talent but gave up on him with CJ?K running well, Ellington's return and most notably the coach's constant dismissal of DJ being a rookie, not being ready, etc. I still wonder if Arians will fully trust the rookie to carry the load and protect Palmer in blitz pickup with all that he's said up until now.

I thought kerwynn Willian's was second in line for carries

Boom Herron seems to be on the clock for when Gore gets put down...

Todman in Pitt could change the season if old man winter err I mean Williams gets banged up (as usual)

Turbin could be looking at a big workload if Kanye McFadden finally lives up to his penchant for getting injured while brushing his teeth in the morning..

If Cleveland ever gets their hands on the nude pics Crowell has of Pettine they can finally focus on making Duke what everyone outside of their building sees...

Trey Williams for the Patriots may surprise since they hate White and Bolden had his one good game of the year already and isn't so much of a pass catcher...

I'd still find a place for Karlos if you have some dead weight to dytch and he was dropped since McCoy is rolling right now but it very well may be short lived...

Funny part is the way this year is going it will probably be none of these guys and instead be someone like Kapri Bibbs, Tim Hightower or Glenn Winston!!

Funny part is the way this year is going it will probably be none of these guys and instead be someone like Kapri Bibbs, Tim Hightower or Glenn Winston!!

Which why if an owner who has already secured a playoff spot, holding that #1 or #2 waiver going into week 15 and 16 is far more important then adding bench depth (depending on how many spots you are allowed) in weeks 12 and 13. Spending a waiver on the likes of David Johnson if you anticipate he won't crack your lineup the next two weeks is a poor decision versus adding a potential RB1 or even Defense in the semi's or championship week.

Many a championship has been won with a timely Shonn Green, Kahlil Bell, Donald Brown or Beanie Wells add.