Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

the best live version of great songs thread

Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil (Get Yer Ya's Ya's Out):

That brought back memories,I lost that album in a fire with 786 others in the late 80's :(

• Like 1

Going way back on the song but Petty and Diddley on the same stage is priceless

big fan of Pearl Jam's version of Fortunate Son

This is taken from Roger Waters DVD Live In The Flesh,granted it's not Pink Floyd but I cannot say enough how great this version is,the female vocalist singing lead on the "Mother parts" is fantastic.

:thumbsup:

who is that on lead ? i've seen him with a few different bands i think, focking great.

:thumbsup:

who is that on lead ? i've seen him with a few different bands i think, focking great.

Doyle Bramhall II his bio is fairly impressive

Especially this

Doyle is notable as one of the few guitarists who plays with his instrument strung upside-down.[2] He plays left-handed, but the instrument is strung for a right-handed player. This unusual arrangement of the strings gives his playing a unique sound, because he bends the strings by pulling them downwards, rather than by pushing them the customarily upwards. Other guitarists who use this technique of bending include Albert King as well as the late Canadian blues guitarist Jeff Healey, who played with his instrument flat on his lap due to blindness.[3]

Or from the Old Grey Whistle Test, while Peter and Bunny were still int he band:

Hallowed Be Thy Name....Iron Maiden....1982....LIVE

http://youtu.be/lZVrOtO25zM

Who is this on lead guitar ?

Dave Kilminster. Never heard of him before :dunno:

Beautiful tone...Fockin nails it

ETA: David Kilminster (born 25 January 1962, England) is a British guitarist, vocalist, songwriter and music teacher. He is known for touring with Keith Emerson (since 2002) and withRoger Waters on his The Dark Side of the Moon[1] 2006–2008 tour, performing much of the guitar and vocal duties that are originally David Gilmour's. He also played alongsideJohn Wetton (ex King Crimson), Ken Hensley (ex Uriah Heep), Qango (an Asia spin-off), The Nice, and Carl Palmer. Kilminster also toured as first guitarist with Roger Waters on his The Wall Live 2010–2013 tour.

Hallowed Be Thy Name....Iron Maiden....1982....LIVE

I think I like their 2001 Rock in Rio version better...Mebbe because they sped it up a tad, the video sound quality is better, or the solos. Either way, my favorite song by them. Can't go wrong with either one :headbanger:

Also, Nicko McBrain (drummer) looks exactly like Rocky Dennis in this :o

• Like 1

From the R&R HOF induction of George Harrison.Prince kills it on guitar.