Sign in to follow this  
FenixTx972

Undecided on Victor Cruz

Pro: Polarizing player with unlimited upside and an offense that's a great fit for him. Playing in NFC East.

Con: Eli. Offensive Line. Horrible looking this preseason.

Which side of the fence are you on? Picking him or passing? Why?

Not going to pass on him if he falls to me . I have him listed has a number three WR . That team is once again going to have a lot of problems .

I own him in several larger dollar leagues. I think the Giants will be playing from behind more often than not, which means more targets for him. When an offensive line sucks this bad, and I think they are in the bottom three of the NFL, the slot guy usually benefits. He will have the Cobb role in the new offense, so when Eli is under pressure, he should instantly be the first option. I don't think he's going to be in the same league as the top guys, but I think he's a safe pick and allows you to "reach" at another position or later in the draft if you want.

Eli and the offense are going to be utterly brutal to watch, especially early in the season. Nobody else on that team stands to benefit from this, outside of Cruz. McAdoo will lean on him the way he did when the O-Line sucked in Green Bay. The O-Line in Green Bay still isn't that good, but short drops and quick throws can limit how bad it appears. I'm thinking that will be the case with the Giants. I don't care if Eli throws 30 picks, provided he targets the hell out of Cruz, which I think he will. He certainly won't have time to drop back and throw anything deep too often.

• Like 1

Not passing. Cruz will catch 90+ balls in that offense, despite Eli's ineptness with the new offense.

Nothing to decide.

Avoid, there are better options out there.

Considering he is going after the top 12, I'm not certain who the better options are.... Who being selected after him is their teams #1 on a team that may be playing from behind a lot? It's easy to say there are better options, however, make a case and state who they are. He went at the 4.11 in my most recent draft and was the 16th WR off the board. Please tell me who in the world who went behind him has an opportunity such as his? Those drafted directly after him; DeSean Jackson, Torrey Smith, Colston, Wallace and Decker, in that order. How is Cruz not better than those options? lol

Nothing to decide.

Avoid, there are better options out there.

. Where Cruz is being drafted , who is a better option ?
  • Like 1

Hes in a great spot really, a talented main target wr on a team that should be passing alot that had a down year so can be had on the cheap. A perfect fantasy storm for an upside wr 3/4 w wr1 potential.

• Like 1

if you are familiar with Doug's Big board PPR, Victor Cruz has a whopping 13 green matchups, that is INSANE, I am not only buying but I am overbuying

last 5 weeks of the season are all green too.

My draft tomorrow, I am targeting the 5th spot to go (RB that falls), Antonio, Cruz

Considering he is going after the top 12, I'm not certain who the better options are.... Who being selected after him is their teams #1 on a team that may be playing from behind a lot? It's easy to say there are better options, however, make a case and state who they are. He went at the 4.11 in my most recent draft and was the 16th WR off the board. Please tell me who in the world who went behind him has an opportunity such as his? Those drafted directly after him; DeSean Jackson, Torrey Smith, Colston, Wallace and Decker, in that order. How is Cruz not better than those options? lol

agree.

if you are familiar with Doug's Big board PPR, Victor Cruz has a whopping 13 green matchups, that is INSANE, I am not only buying but I am overbuying

last 5 weeks of the season are all green too.

My draft tomorrow, I am targeting the 5th spot to go (RB that falls), Antonio, Cruz

doing that will wipe out any value he has. Wait til rnd 5 and you get some value out of it. Think Mcfly, think! :P

doing that will wipe out any value he has. Wait til rnd 5 and you get some value out of it. Think Mcfly, think! :P

I am not the only person in my league who knows of Doug's Big Board. I might gamble til round 4, but thats it

. Where Cruz is being drafted , who is a better option ?

Based on FFtoday's current ranking, i would take the following players before Cruz without any hesitation.

11 Percy Harvin

12 Keenan Allen -- Primary target in an overall better offense

13 Victor Cruz

14 Vincent Jackson -- Consistent 1,250 yards and 8 TD over the past 3 seasons.

15 Roddy White -- One of the best passing offense in the league and now Gonzo is gone.

16 Michael Floyd

17 Cordarrelle Patterson -- Super talented young WR in an upswing

18 Michael Crabtree -- Has great chemistry with Kaep.

Based on FFtoday's current ranking, i would take the following players before Cruz without any hesitation.

11 Percy Harvin

13 Victor Cruz

15 Roddy White -- One of the best passing offense in the league and now Gonzo is gone.

16 Michael Floyd

I am planning on taking 2 of those, Cruz and Patterson 4th and 5th hopefully, no way in hell am I taking Crabtree over a guy who has done it again and again, especially in PPR

11 Percy Harvin

13 Victor Cruz

16 Michael Floyd

This is a good group to compare him to so ill get in the act.

Id take these guys over Cruz.

Keenan- No brainer, this dudes a stud waiting to happen.

Roddy- 85 1200+ 8tds are almost a lock, how quickly people forget..tst tsk. Hes a wr1

VJax- Tough call since he is super inconsistent week to week, but its close enough to say yes.

Undecided

Floyd- this guy could have 900yds or 1400yds this year. A total head scratcher.

No way would I take these guys over Cruz

Crabtree- This guy sucks, like Sherman said. Anquan is about 5x the wr he is and id bet anything he outscores crabs this year in fantasy. Yea I said it.

Patterson- love the kid but I dont draft viking wrs.

Percy- A headache waiting to happen...literally.

I am passing. I've had Cruz two years running and he's been worthless in 1.5 of them. That OL and the offense overall is awful. I'd take everyone on the list above over Cruz except maybe Crabapple.

Cruz's number have been declining the past 2 seasons compare to 2011 where he had that breakout year.

On top of that, he's in a new offense that looks horrid in preseason.

I know a lot of people use year end stats as a measure their overall success for the year. I put a lot of emphasis on how a player finish their season. Last season, Cruz only scored above 10 in 1 of the last 11 weeks.

Patterson's number really jumped out at me. He started out slow but finished the final 4 weeks strong.

9.1, 26.7, 11, 12.2, 23.5 (my league scoring) I'm buying assuming he continues this output as the offense will be more focus on him.

Crabtree - His 2013 injury ridden season could be ignored. I'll have to look at the 2012 numbers and with Kaep under center he was lights out.

I drafted him in the 5th in a PPR. Couldn't pass him up there. Also got Roddy in the 4th. Went Forte, Gronk, Martin, Roddy, Cruz. Cautiously optimistic about my team so far.

Cruz is better suited to being drafted in non-ppr leagues. He is even better for leagues that reward points for longer distance of touchdowns scored. The Giants probably won't be an offensive juggernaut, but Eli will hit Cruz for some long ones.

I took him in the 5th round (12 teams) as my WR3 who will probably be my flex position for most of the season. I liked him more than the other options and think he will be pretty good. I have Andre Johnson as my WR2 (4th round), and I could easily see Cruz having better numbers than him.

this is coming from a giants fan, but i think cruz is being slept on a little bit this year. i'm sure all of it is due to us not looking sharp in the preseason. i think that is being blown out of proportion a little bit. he is still the top target for eli (although randle and beckham will get looks too).

i was surprised when he fell to me at the end of the 4th yesterday. i took him and floyd back to back. i was contemplating on taking patterson over him but at the end of the day, i think cruz provides a higher floor. he won't be as bad as last year.

this is coming from a giants fan, but i think cruz is being slept on a little bit this year. i'm sure all of it is due to us not looking sharp in the preseason. i think that is being blown out of proportion a little bit. he is still the top target for eli (although randle and beckham will get looks too).

i was surprised when he fell to me at the end of the 4th yesterday. i took him and floyd back to back. i was contemplating on taking patterson over him but at the end of the day, i think cruz provides a higher floor. he won't be as bad as last year.

I got him pretty late as a 3rd receiver in my draft. Playing in an offense more tailored towards him and New York has a defense that is going to get scored on a lot.

I only watched one Giants game last year (against Seattle) and it's a small miracle he caught 70+ balls and just missed cracking 1000 yards last season. It was also worth noting he looked to be the only Giants offensive player who was even trying. No WAY their offense is that bad again.

I'm glad I bought.

The issue is that Eli looks like Blain Gabbert now.

....or does Blaine Gabbert look like Eli now?