Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

When does Tampa Bay hit the abort button on Doug Martin?

Bobby Rainey has been the better back all year in every phase of the game. Yet they cling for dear life to Doug Martin who has been terrible. Just wonderign if there is any Tampa Bay homers here with any local insight as to when/if they finally give the Rainey the #1 gig -- or will they just keep trotting Martin out and his 1.8 yards and a cloud of dust?

How many thread we need on this...? Copy and paste my answer from last thread. Whenever Charles Sims is back, which is in couple weeks.

• Like 1

How many thread we need on this...? Copy and paste my answer from last thread. Whenever Charles Sims is back, which is in couple weeks.

You really think the bucs are just going to hand the job to a rookie who hasnt been practicing? And who is also overrated? No way.

Bobby Rainey has been the better back all year in every phase of the game. Yet they cling for dear life to Doug Martin who has been terrible. Just wonderign if there is any Tampa Bay homers here with any local insight as to when/if they finally give the Rainey the #1 gig -- or will they just keep trotting Martin out and his 1.8 yards and a cloud of dust?

Very good question . Now if I just had the Bucs coaching staff phone number

You really think the bucs are just going to hand the job to a rookie who hasnt been practicing? And who is also overrated? No way.

I am not the one compared him to Matt Forte. Their coach did.

Saw Charles Sims play for WV in the TCU game last year. He's the real deal. Big, good speed, great hands. He was drafted specifically for third down role, with an eye towards pushing Martin outright for the job.

Big thing is the injury. I hadn't heard he was even close to coming back.

• Like 1

Maybe if they weren't down 35-0 all the time.

he avg 4.5 YPC.

Still not over for Martin

ahh the wishful thinkers club. good times...

but but but, he was a beast in college!

but but Rainey is the best!

the team sucks, there will likely be no fantasy relevance from a TB rb this year, stop wishing!

ahh the wishful thinkers club. good times...

but but but, he was a beast in college!

but but Rainey is the best!

the team sucks, there will likely be no fantasy relevance from a TB rb this year, stop wishing!

Isn't this the truth. We'd be better if if they kept Schiano.

L. Smith refused to build a good line in Chicago. They had what, one solid lineman in his tenure? Looks like he's headed that way in Tampa as well. Until they upgrade those guys on the line, whichever running back they go with is as likely to get you 5 points as he is 20. Maybe this offseason he'll draft a Cornerback or Defensive End. Using Smith's logic, that should help his running game.

I don't think that you can hit the abort button on a guy in his 79th trimester...

• Like 1

I don't think that you can hit the abort button on a guy in his 79th trimester...

That's still legal in Tampa. Since Gruden, they've aborted tons of players and even aborted winning in general.

L. Smith refused to build a good line in Chicago. They had what, one solid lineman in his tenure? Looks like he's headed that way in Tampa as well. Until they upgrade those guys on the line, whichever running back they go with is as likely to get you 5 points as he is 20. Maybe this offseason he'll draft a Cornerback or Defensive End. Using Smith's logic, that should help his running game.

It doesn't help that there is no real experienced OC there right now with Tedford on IR.

Basically they have no Plan B for the offense in any given game.

Hell, I thought they aborted Martin weeks ago?!

If you have week 17 championship games Sims could be a deciding factor. In the only redraft league with IR, I picked him up this week and am stashing

Rainey had his shot and then literally fumbled it away with that Atlanta debacle. Rainey is a flash in the pan and I wouldn't hold onto him. I suggest you cut both backs if you have them.

Rainey had his shot and then literally fumbled it away with that Atlanta debacle. Rainey is a flash in the pan and I wouldn't hold onto him. I suggest you cut both backs if you have them.

Thank you Jaws.

Any other insight you may have?