Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Gloucester school under fire for Trump tombstone

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2017/10/gloucester_school_under_fire_for_trump_tombstone?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Kids tossing bean bags at a mock tombstone for President Trump at a public school was a “despicable” display of dirty politics the adults forced on the unwitting children, a Gloucester Republican official said, as the furor continued to grow.
School officials have apologized for a parent teacher organization fundraiser last week at West Parish Elementary School — but one GOP official fears the damage is already done.
“I don’t think it’s appropriate to put the sitting president’s name on a tombstone. It’s disrespectful to the office of the president, no matter who he is,” said Amanda Kesterson, who heads the Gloucester Republican City Committee.
“Unfortunately,” she told the Herald, “in Massachusetts in particular, where Republicans are the minority party and the president is unpopular, I think there is a belief that joking about the president is acceptable — and it’s not.”
She called it “despicable” and sought an apology over the weekend.
The incident occurred Friday, the school’s principal said. The tombstone was intended to be a “humorous” game during the fundraiser, school officials said.
West Parish Principal Telena S. Imel said in a letter to parents: “On Friday evening, the West Parish Grade 5 Parent Committee hosted Haunted Happenings, a party and fundraiser for the West Parish Community. ... Unfortunately, however, one game brought in by a parent included the name of our president painted on a tombstone.
“While, according to the parent, this was designed to be humorous, a number of attendees rightfully felt that it showed disrespect ... it inappropriately brought a political agenda into what was designed to be a fun family affair.”
The letter added that the school will be more diligent to make sure it is not used as a place to spread political messages.
“What saddens me most is that some of our families were understandably uncomfortable while attending this event,” Imel’s letter said.
In a statement on Gloucester Mayor Sefatia Romeo Theken’s Facebook page, the mayor posted her own statement that said the city does not condone political messaging at schools.
Theken also posted the offending parent’s apology email to Principal Imel. The email didn’t name the parent.
The email in part read: “I hope you truly understand that there was never malicious intent, nor political agenda. I deeply regret the backlash that was incurred from this. ... I would like to apologize to the teachers and staff of West Parish that have been brought into this at no fault of their own.”

:overhead:

That's where I went to 1st 2nd and 3rd grades

In all seriousness.

Liberalism is a mental disorder and needs to be removed from schools. As does all politics

Every story like this that I read, I ask myself what the reaction would have been 4 or 8 years ago. Probably would be brushed off the same way they are today, right?

Obvious double standard exists, we just have to accept that and move on.

Stupid. Can't stand people getting kids involved in politics, especially things like this.

Yeah, I've said this before. When I see or read stories about little kids bursting into tears because Trump won and related stories like that, I immediately think of the Mom thst can't turn off the tv or talk radio on the way to School or uses that s*** as a babysitter at home. Or doesn't monitor her conversations and exactly where her kids are at the time.

Kids are little sponges for good and bad. And unfortunately, I think most of the problems of our society are that the last two generations of parents didn't want to stop and God forbid have their lifestyle modified At All by being a parent.

Now, they've started using their kids as social flashpoints for trannies and gays and God knows what else so they can get their five minutes of attention on YouTube and Ellen and the news.

Well guess what? You are a f****** parent. And even if you don't want to be? Let your kids be kids. They deserve that.

My thing is who the fock thinks about politics all the dam time (besides wiff)? When Obama was on his final years I hated him. But I never thought about him or his politics unless I saw something on the news about him that I didn't agree with (and there were things I agreed with that he did). Jesus Christ man these people need to grow up

• Like 1

When Obama was on his final years I hated him.

But I never thought about him or his politics unless I saw something on the news about him that I didn't agree with

Um, have you watched the news lately? Not sure how many times or ways we can say this. Trump and his idiot staff f****** on a near-daily basis and sometimes f****** so many times in one day that they step on their own news Cycles.

Virtually every week since he's taking office, the White House has tried to front a weekly agenda. Like infrastructure week or Healthcare week or tax reform week. And what happens by 4 p.m. on Monday? Trump lays a giant steaming turd all over that Weekly theme and the staff spends the rest of the week in cleanup mode.

And, you can be forgiven. We know that you're way too obsessed with me to follow anything else.

Um, have you watched the news lately? Not sure how many times or ways we can say this. Trump and his idiot staff f****** on a near-daily basis and sometimes f****** so many times in one day that they step on their own news Cycles.

Virtually every week since he's taking office, the White House has tried to front a weekly agenda. Like infrastructure week or Healthcare week or tax reform week. And what happens by 4 p.m. on Monday? Trump lays a giant steaming turd all over that Weekly theme and the staff spends the rest of the week in cleanup mode.

And, you can be forgiven. We know that you're way too obsessed with me to follow anything else.

Sorry bro but unlike you I don't obsess over this. You're the only one here who has Trump living RMFF in your head

This here ladies and gentlemen is exhibit A in the "liberalism is a mental disorder" case

Damn I guess my Obama dummy hanging from the tree in my front lawn last year was really inappropriate then

Yeah, but play dumb and say you didn't realize it was offensive and people will laugh it off.

Yeah, but play dumb and say you didn't realize it was offensive and people will laugh it off.

Exactly. Level headed people know that you don't do stuff like that. I may not have liked Obama in his last years but I don't wish harm on the guy or think stuff like that is funny. Celebrating stuff like that is idiotic and the two situations are extremely different

Its gloucester. Just lucky no one showed up dressed as Edward needle-hands

Its gloucester. Just lucky no one showed up dressed as Edward needle-hands

:first:

Market temperature. The median home value in Gloucester is $422,500. Gloucester home values have gone up 8.6% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will rise 2.5% within the next year. The median list price per square foot in Gloucester is $326, which is higher than the Boston Metro average of $264.

What is Boston metro? Out to 495?

That's a good question Sir.

but Manchester median was 775 :o

Fixored

:(

I couldnt leave that hanging fastball out there... had to swing

Just sad your name is Edward too