Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

AJ Green and turf toe

Just what is turf toe? If/when he comes back is he gonna be full strength/speed on it? I'm in a situation where if I want 2 starting WRs this week (bye) I'm gonna have to maybe drop him-anybody know anything about turf toe?

I don't know exactly what it is, I'm sure WebMD could tell you, but not all turf toe is created equally. Sometimes it's a few weeks other time it can keep a player out for months.

• Like 1

And it's never known how long a guy will be out with it. I see he's been downgraded to doubtful for this week. How does your league handle this-if you have a guy that played (but you didn't play him) on Thursday, are you permitted to cut him for another player before Sunday's games?

never heard of a league where you could drop a guy that already played even if on your bench, that roster spot usually locks at kickoff

never heard of a league where you could drop a guy that already played even if on your bench, that roster spot usually locks at kickoff.

Yeah you're right on that. In 25 years I'd never run into this before, guess I'll go with one WR this week!

Yahoo allows this if the guy is on your bench. I dont think it has always been this way. But it is certainly an option this year. I had two different owners do it in one week about a month ago.

Yahoo allows this if the guy is on your bench. I dont think it has always been this way. But it is certainly an option this year. I had two different owners do it in one week about a month ago.

This

Its simply a hyperextend of usually the big toe.

As I recall it was that type on injury ended Jack Lamberts career.

It takes awhile to heal from it expecally for football players that need to cut.

Back on the early 80es when it happen to J Lambert was the first I even heard of it.

Nasty injury.

There was a thread about this, I do it a number of times during the year in yahoo leagues. Technically you could take a number of flyers in a given week.

1) Pick up player for thursday game

2) Player for Thursday game sucks on your bench, drop them for player on Sunday morning game

3) Player for Sunday morning game sucks, drop them before Thursday afternoon starts for afternoon player

4) Sunday afternoon guy sucks, Sunday night sleeper it is

5) Sunday night sucks, Monday night sleeper

Never saw anybody make that many transactions, but it could be done.

There was a thread about this, I do it a number of times during the year in yahoo leagues. Technically you could take a number of flyers in a given week.

1) Pick up player for thursday game

2) Player for Thursday game sucks on your bench, drop them for player on Sunday morning game

3) Player for Sunday morning game sucks, drop them before Thursday afternoon starts for afternoon player

4) Sunday afternoon guy sucks, Sunday night sleeper it is

5) Sunday night sucks, Monday night sleeper

Never saw anybody make that many transactions, but it could be done.

Thanks for your ideas/thoughts, but in our stupified league you can't do that- player's are locked if he plays on Thursday until the next Tuesday at 6:00 am, our waiver pickups are prohibited from game time for each player whether it's Thursday or Sunday-whether you play them or not! There's 2 jack@$$e$ in our league that oppose ANY change-they have a thing or 2 coming at next years draft. For instance, I didn't play Robinson (Chi), have Hill (KC) on bye, and Green (Cincy) is hurt-I would have to drop either Green or Hill to have 2 WRs. Pretty EFFFed up, huh?

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

• Like 2

Was that the snip of Lotts finger tip?

Turf toe is can hamper a player for weeks and can resurface in game. Like a hamstring injury, but worse. As an Aj owner I'm holding on but would at least need a game out of him before I could partially trust him in the line up.

Turf toe is can hamper a player for weeks and can resurface in game. Like a hamstring injury, but worse. As an Aj owner I'm holding on but would at least need a game out of him before I could partially trust him in the line up.

Okay, if it's like a hammy that tells me enough-I pulled one of those once, they can pop back up any time. Thanks.

Hope he comes back as a decoy.

Signed,

Boyd Owner

Wish I knew if he was gonna come back at all-if not I'd drop that dead weight! Boyd should do good.

DNd after I had him a different year when he was always hurt.

I know, I've had him before and it's always the same thing-he's always hurt with something. I took Hunt and Elliott my 1st 2 picks and WRs had flown off the board-kinda had to take him. Good luck today.

My daughter got turf toe two months ago. Basically the ligament connecting the foot to the large toe almost tore in half.

Shes got another 3 months in a boot before she can return to soccer.

Im sure his recovery will be much faster with him being a pro athlete and the best Medicare care but turf toe in general can take a pretty long time to heal