Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

ted cruz

Hillary will be the dem nominee, because she said so you her sheep will fall in line.

Says the guy whose party has nominated Romney, McCain, Bush, and Dole in recent history. Yeah, the establishment doesn't tell YOU who to vote for. Hah! You're a real free thinking maverick.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/24/politics/ted-cruz-obamacare/index.html

(CNN)Ted Cruz is going on Obamacare.

The newly announced Republican presidential candidate told CNN's Dana Bash on Tuesday that he will sign up for health care coverage through the Affordable Care Act -- a law he has been on a crusade to kill.

"We'll be getting new health insurance and we'll presumably do it through my job with the Senate, and so we'll be on the federal exchange with millions of others on the federal exchange," Cruz said.

Asked whether he would accept the government subsidy available to lawmakers and congressional staffers for their health care coverage through the ACA, Cruz said he will "follow the text of the law."

"I strongly oppose the exemption that President Obama illegally put in place for members of Congress because (Senate Minority Leader) Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats didn't want to be under the same rules as the American people," Cruz said, before repeating: "I believe we should follow the text of the law.

:dunno:

So? Are you saying Dershowitz is lying about Cruz' intelligence?

Uh... no. :blink:

Says the guy whose party has nominated Romney, McCain, Bush, and Dole in recent history. Yeah, the establishment doesn't tell YOU who to vote for. Hah! You're a real free thinking maverick.

you WILL support Hillary and like it!

kapeesh ?

you WILL support Hillary and like it!

kapeesh ?

And you will vote for a losing candidate and cry about it for 4 years.

I must admit, the guy seems way to Conservative for me. He's pretty far right on almost everything....which is why I can see the the thought he's a wacko. But.........

Cruz graduated ###### laude from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy[37] from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs in 1992.[5][7] While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society's Debate Panel and won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship.[38] In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year, as well as Team of the Year, with his debate partner, David Panton.[38] Cruz was a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship, making him Princeton’s highest-ranked debater at the championship.[39][40] Princeton's debate team later named their annual novice championship after Cruz.[39]

After graduating from Princeton, Cruz attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna ###### laude in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.[7][42] While at Harvard Law, he was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review

The dude ain't dumb. You simply can't be an idiot and have that resume. That's not to say I agree with his stance or views on all or most issues (because I don't) but I'm just sayin'.

ETA: It appears 'Cum Laude' and 'Magna Cum Laude' is prohibited at the Geek Club. The irony runs thick in that regard. :)

I must admit, the guy seems way to Conservative for me. He's pretty far right on almost everything....which is why I can see the the thought he's a wacko. But.........

The dude ain't dumb. You simply can't be an idiot and have that resume. That's not to say I agree with his stance or views on all or most issues (because I don't) but I'm just sayin'.

ETA: It appears 'Cum Laude' and 'Magna Cum Laude' is prohibited at the Geek Club. The irony runs thick in that regard. :)

Curious question. Exactly what stance does Cruz have that is too "Conservative", for YOU, KSB2424???

if IE allowed me to cut and paste on this forum, I'd start copying the weekly news I get from Ted Cruz.

Curious question. Exactly what stance does Cruz have that is too "Conservative", for YOU, KSB2424???

None. KSB's just trying to maintain his "independent" cred

Yeah....not yea. :doh:

Really...That was kinda weak. You're better than that. :wave:

Guys, guys....you're both fagg0ts

A guy walks into a psychiatrist's office and says "Doc, I'm a wigwam, I'm a teepee, I'm a wigwam, I'm a teepee"...

Dr. says "Calm down...you're two tense"

:banana:

The GOP is at a crossroads of sorts in my opinion. There are several subsets of the party. You have the Rand/Ron Paul Libertarian Tea Party faction. You have the Religious Conservative Tea Party like Cruz and Huckabee. And you have the more moderate, wants to work with the Democrats like Paul Ryan and Huntsman.

I respect the Religous Conservative subset because they know their values and they stick to them come hell or high water. A part of that is respectable to me. My issue is that, in D.C. the unwillingness to compromise causes gridlock and nothing gets done. Rather it makes things worse imo and causes wider gaps with the fringes. I believe you have to give something to get something and move things forward. Some politicans are able to do that, some stick to their beliefs come hell or highwater.

But more specifically here are four major things I don't agree with:

1. Cruz favors putting American boots on the ground to fight ISIS.

2. Cruz favors a flat tax.

3. Cruz opposes abortion, even in cases of rape

4. He is against net neutrality

While I think he is smart and a terrific speaker, I don't think he is willing to work at all with anyone who's ideals and morals he disagrees with. That is pretty much my concern with him.

ETA: They have measurables out there to rate how liberal and conservative a person is based on voting record, public comments on issues, and other factors of the like. Cruz is the most far right conservative of any other canidate in a very long time. He's more Conservative than Santorum, Bachman, Huckabee, Palin. He isn't just far Right, he's all the way Right. It's why he won't win a General Election. Cruz can rev up the far right masses and fringes enough to make noise in the primary but that's about it.

3. Cruz opposes abortion, even in cases of rape.

That is focked up.

Good post btw, I agree with everything you said. Personally I would LOVE to vote for a true moderate Republican like a Huntsman but he seems to have little shot in the primary. Unfortunately the neocon / teabagger wing is running the show for now.

The GOP is at a crossroads of sorts in my opinion. There are several subsets of the party. You have the Rand/Ron Paul Libertarian Tea Party faction. You have the Religious Conservative Tea Party like Cruz and Huckabee. And you have the more moderate, wants to work with the Democrats like Paul Ryan and Huntsman.

I respect the Religous Conservative subset because they know their values and they stick to them come hell or high water. A part of that is respectable to me. My issue is that, in D.C. the unwillingness to compromise causes gridlock and nothing gets done. Rather it makes things worse imo and causes wider gaps with the fringes. I believe you have to give something to get something and move things forward. Some politicans are able to do that, some stick to their beliefs come hell or highwater.

But more specifically here are four major things I don't agree with:

1. Cruz favors putting American boots on the ground to fight ISIS.

2. Cruz favors a flat tax.

3. Cruz opposes abortion, even in cases of rape

4. He is against net neutrality

While I think he is smart and a terrific speaker, I don't think he is willing to work at all with anyone who's ideals and morals he disagrees with. That is pretty much my concern with him.

yeah, i agree with the conservative moral convictions (these have gone the way of the dinosaurs in america)

my problem with most if not all republican officials has to do with placating to the wealthy when it comes to any type of budgeting or tax reform, therefore i will not vote for any of them who i knowingly will not fight to aid the middle class financially

my problem with most if not all republican officials has to do with placating to the wealthy when it comes to any type of budgeting or tax reform,

That's sort of a myth perpetuated by Democrat talking points to gain votes. I think you drank the kook-aid on that one.

yeah, i agree with the conservative moral convictions (these have gone the way of the dinosaurs in america)

my problem with most if not all republican officials has to do with placating to the wealthy when it comes to any type of budgeting or tax reform, therefore i will not vote for any of them who i knowingly will not fight to aid the middle class financially

The Wall Street types have done well under Obama. The income gap has grown under Obama.

Cool talking point though.

That's sort of a myth perpetuated by Democrat talking points to gain votes. I think you drank the kook-aid on that one.

to be fair, i did say "most, if not all" and i don't clump them all together, but do my homework when they discuss budgeting/tax reforms

you mentioned a couple of moderates that i would support

The Wall Street types have done well under Obama. The income gap has grown under Obama.

Cool talking point though.

And yet you tards are constantly accusing the president of hurting businesses with unnecessary taxes and regulations.

Get your focking story straight, slapnuts. :wave:

And yet you tards are constantly accusing the president of hurting businesses with unnecessary taxes and regulations.

Get your focking story straight, slapnuts. :wave:

businesses and wall street are one in the same ?

:doh:

If this were RP I'd say you're being disingenuous but I know from experience you really are exactly this focking dumb.

Wall Street and the banks want to be treated like they are. Businesses employ a lot of people, so it reasons that they should be given incentives. Wall Street? They employ very few, and they only help themselves.

Wall Street and the banks want to be treated like they are. Businesses employ a lot of people, so it reasons that they should be given incentives. Wall Street? They employ very few, and they only help themselves.

a simple MDC is an idiot would suffice

a simple MDC is an idiot would suffice

So stupid I have a master's degree versus your GED. :wave:

sure you do :lol:

creative writing :lol:

Journalism my friend. Beats your certificate of completion from the Roto Rooter academy. :lol:

Journalism my friend. Beats your certificate of completion from the Roto Rooter academy. :lol:

masters in idiocy :lol:

masters in idiocy :lol:

How does it feel to have flunked out of Retard Community College? :(