Sign in to follow this  
AintNoStoppinMeNow

Kyle Orton New Starting QB in Buffalo

EJ BLOWS! ABOUT TIME BUFFALO!

Oh me. Orton. Oh my god.

Look Manuel sucks right now, but they should let him play through it. What's orton gonna do, win 1 or 2 more games than Manuel would?

Looks like my icon is timely, Buffalo is already done.

I can't believe I thought we would actually compete for a wild card spot this year...

We are good QB play from being a playoff team. The move does make sense logically as 1-2 wins hypothetically could mean playoffs.

Do I think it'll happen? Ehhh probably not. But they might as well try instead of finishing 6-10 or 7-9 every single year.

WTF? They draft the kid way higher than anyone expected. He has 10 starts last season for a lousy team, goes 4-6, just under 60% comp, 11-9. Not mind blowing, but something to build on.

Starts this year 2-1 (including a road win), completing 65%, 3-1. Goes into yesterday vs what can be a tough Houston D with an abdominal strain and they get roasted. Plays like crap. One of the three worst statistical games of his career (actually won one of the other two).

And you bench him for Kyle Orton?

I haven't watched him week in and out, so maybe there's a lot I'm missing. But your franchise is going nowhere if that's all the leash you're giving to your #1 pick after 14 games. Maybe it's just a temporary kick in the ass, but I don't like it a bit.

• Like 1

Oh ###### me. Orton. Oh my god.

Look Manuel sucks right now, but they should let him play through it. What's orton gonna do, win 1 or 2 more games than Manuel would?

Looks like my icon is timely, Buffalo is already done.

I can't believe I thought we would actually compete for a wild card spot this year...

Are you kidding? Do you watch the games? Buffalo has a defense that is playoff caliber, a run game that is playoff caliber, special teams that are playoff caliber - they literally just need a qb who is accurate enough to hit the open receiver to win games (usually play action passes set up by a successful run game.) EJ simply could not do it - I am not sure if Orton can, but if his accuracy is average the Bills should be in line to fight for a playoff spot.

Are you kidding? Do you watch the games? Buffalo has a defense that is playoff caliber, a run game that is playoff caliber, special teams that are playoff caliber - they literally just need a qb who is accurate enough to hit the open receiver to win games (usually play action passes set up by a successful run game.) EJ simply could not do it - I am not sure if Orton can, but if his accuracy is average the Bills should be in line to fight for a playoff spot.

So lets say they "fight" for a playoff spot. Likelihood is they either miss the post season or get ousted quickly. So Kyle Orton is your starter going into next year?

I haven't watched him week in and out, so maybe there's a lot I'm missing.

He's 50/50% to hit the side of a barn with a pass.

He's 50/50% to hit the side of a barn with a pass.

Cute quote, but his #s show otherwise.

WTF? They draft the kid way higher than anyone expected. He has 10 starts last season for a lousy team, goes 4-6, just under 60% comp, 11-9. Not mind blowing, but something to build on.

Starts this year 2-1 (including a road win), completing 65%, 3-1. Goes into yesterday vs what can be a tough Houston D with an abdominal strain and they get roasted. Plays like crap. One of the three worst statistical games of his career (actually won one of the other two).

I haven't watched him week in and out, so maybe there's a lot I'm missing. But your franchise is going nowhere if that's all the leash you're giving to your #1 pick after 14 games. Maybe it's just a temporary kick in the ass, but I don't like it a bit.

That is why you are missing the point completely. If you watched you would understand that they are winning in spite of him and losing largely because of him. He has an inflated completion % because of dump off to RB's and short passes to his TE. The bills don't trust him to throw the ball down the field (and for good reason) and this is limiting what they do on offense. I have no time to look it up, but I am certain his completion % to WR's (especially over 10-15 yards) is abysmal. He is a project QB, with bad accuracy and unable to come off his 1st or 2nd read. Sitting him definitely gives the bills a better chance to win and gives him some time to try to learn the position more.

So lets say they "fight" for a playoff spot. Likelihood is they either miss the post season or get ousted quickly. So Kyle Orton is your starter going into next year?

Perhaps he is, or maybe they draft one. But I do not understand your point - certainly fighting for a playoff spot and letting your project QB learn is better than going down in flames with a QB who clearly is not ready for this level.

5 flips to Fred Jackson per game inflate the numbers. And probably a couple more to others.

He has never once gunned a pass as hard as he can.

(no, not needed every pass but has never even tried?! In comparison, Fitz has to gun every single pass with everything he has)

That is why you are missing the point completely. If you watched you would understand that they are winning in spite of him and losing largely because of him. He has an inflated completion % because of dump off to RB's and short passes to his TE. The bills don't trust him to throw the ball down the field (and for good reason) and this is limiting what they do on offense. I have no time to look it up, but I am certain his completion % to WR's (especially over 10-15 yards) is abysmal. He is a project QB, with bad accuracy and unable to come off his 1st or 2nd read. Sitting him definitely gives the bills a better chance to win and gives him some time to try to learn the position more.

I don't believe that a young guy who is annointed the starter and given what appears to be an opportunity to learn on the job then benefits from a benching.

Either you believe in your front office and scouting dept enough to give him a real chance to play or you don't jump up to make the pick.

Personally, I don't give much credence to the "winning despite" concept. It's the singular most demanding and important position in pro sports and he had them at 2-1 with decent statistical performances prior to crapping the bed yesterday. To me it seems reactionary and a great way to destroy any confidence the kid might have.

• Like 1

you admit you don't watch his games - and now you are an expert? Unless you think stats never lie..in which case I would hope you are in my fantasy league because you sure would be easy to take advantage of.

I don't believe that a young guy who is annointed the starter and given what appears to be an opportunity to learn on the job then benefits from a benching.

Either you believe in your front office and scouting dept enough to give him a real chance to play or you don't jump up to make the pick.

Personally, I don't give much credence to the "winning despite" concept. It's the singular most demanding and important position in pro sports and he had them at 2-1 with decent statistical performances prior to crapping the bed yesterday. To me it seems reactionary and a great way to destroy any confidence the kid might have.

The intent was not to "anoint him the starter, " He was drafted as a project with the intent of taking their time with him. Kolb was supposed to be the starter - but injuries ruined that plan. They fixed that by paying quite a bit for a backup in Kyle Orton.

- this kid Manuel fockin BLOWS

he makes Geno Smitty look like Peyton Manning.

good for neckbeard and ALL of the Bison offense.

you admit you don't watch his games - and now you are an expert? Unless you think stats never lie..in which case I would hope you are in my fantasy league because you sure would be easy to take advantage of.

Please find the post where I stated that I was an expert on he or the Bills, or where I said that his stats are the be all and end all of anything. It's a football discussion bored, and I was engaging and entering my opinion.

If you need to find the post where I say that the above makes you come off like an a-hole, it's right here.

Enjoy Kyle Orton.

Could be missing reads, or just not running the offense properly. Obviously Buffalo has a solid team so it could be a shot in the arm. I have always liked Orton, he never seems to get a fair shake or is just a victim of circumstance.

Please find the post where I stated that I was an expert on he or the Bills, or where I said that his stats are the be all and end all of anything. It's a football discussion bored, and I was engaging and entering my opinion.

If you need to find the post where I say that the above makes you come off like an a-hole, it's right here.

Enjoy Kyle Orton.

Great, you entered you opinion and I entered mine - which is that you are incorrect in your line of thinking. I never said you claimed to be an expert, but you seem pretty defensive for someone who admittedly doesn't watch EJ paly. The stats you are using, and sequentially defending to validate you opinion are misleading and I think almost anyone who watches Bills games can substantiate that.

Orton isnt really an upgrade of any kind really. But sometimes change for the sake of change is good. Dont think iv ever seen a 2-2 qb benched before.

Great, you entered you opinion and I entered mine - which is that you are incorrect in your line of thinking. I never said you claimed to be an expert, but you seem pretty defensive for someone who admittedly doesn't watch EJ paly. The stats you are using, and sequentially defending to validate you opinion are misleading and I think almost anyone who watches Bills games can substantiate that.

You absolutely did say that I thought I was an expert. Post #15.

So I have an opinion and you're a liar. We're all squared away.

Could be missing reads, or just not running the offense properly. Obviously Buffalo has a solid team so it could be a shot in the arm. I have always liked Orton, he never seems to get a fair shake or is just a victim of circumsta

Well....careful. Dont confuse not getting a fair shake with....being ok with not getting a fair shake.

Hes the only guy in the league i have any inside info on.....but he didnt exxactly go to Dallas to want to be anything other than hold a clipboard. He had had enough. The whole ordeal with Jerry ......he planned on retiring for good.

The Bills came along and he never thought in a million years they would bite at his ridiculous price tag he gave them. Dont think he expected Buffalo to say yes. So its kind funny hes now starting again.

Well....careful. Dont confuse not getting a fair shake with....being ok with not getting a fair shake.

Hes the only guy in the league i have any inside info on.....but he didnt exxactly go to Dallas to want to be anything other than hold a clipboard. He had had enough. The whole ordeal with Jerry ......he planned on retiring for good.

The Bills came along and he never thought in a million years they would bite at his ridiculous price tag he gave them. Dont think he expected Buffalo to say yes. So its kind funny hes now starting again.

Thanks for posting. I seemed to remember that he was ready to quit, then suddenly materialized in Buffalo.

Look I don't disagree with the general sentiment of the thread, EJ has been sucking. But are we essentially giving up on the 2013 first round draft pick already? For Orton?

It seems shortsighted on the part of the coaches, you know what you're gonna get out of Orton, mediocrity.

Anyone who thinks ORTON all of a sudden turns Buffalo into a playoff team is dreaming.

Buffalo has a playoff caliber defense? They're ranked 8th against the pass and they've faced the following cadre of "top" QB's

Cutler - Ok Decent

Tannenhill - LOL

Rivers - Yeah, ok

Fitzpatrick - LOL

They have playoff caliber runningbacks? Spiller is the 25th ranked back in the league, and ol' balls Jackson is ranked 41st. Overall Buffalo is right in the middle of the pack for rushing offense.

Take off the rose coloured glasses man, please. We're benching Manuel, with a QB rating of 78.5 and career completion rating of 58.6% for a QB with a career passing rating that is slightly WORSE at 58.5% and a career rating of 79.9...this is a total overreaction to a bad game by the coaching staff and reeks of a desperation move. At least EJ has some upside and could improve. Orton is gonna Orton and he'll derp his way to his career averages.

• Like 1

Look I don't disagree with the general sentiment of the thread, EJ has been sucking. But are we essentially giving up on the 2013 first round draft pick already? For Orton?

It seems shortsighted on the part of the coaches, you know what you're gonna get out of Orton, mediocrity.

Anyone who thinks ORTON all of a sudden turns Buffalo into a playoff team is dreaming.

Buffalo has a playoff caliber defense? They're ranked 8th against the pass and they've faced the following cadre of "top" QB's

Cutler - Ok Decent

Tannenhill - LOL

Rivers - Yeah, ok

Fitzpatrick - LOL

They have playoff caliber runningbacks? Spiller is the 25th ranked back in the league, and ol' balls Jackson is ranked 41st. Overall Buffalo is right in the middle of the pack for rushing offense.

Take off the rose coloured glasses man, please. We're benching Manuel, with a QB rating of 78.5 and career completion rating of 58.6% for a QB with a career passing rating that is slightly WORSE at 58.5% and a career rating of 79.9...this is a total overreaction to a bad game by the coaching staff and reeks of a desperation move. At least EJ has some upside and could improve. Orton is gonna Orton and he'll derp his way to his career averages.

And you know this guy is legit from Buffalo area. Look how he spells "rose coloured glasses". My Scottish Dad would have been proud.

:thumbsup:

And you know this guy is legit from Buffalo area. Look how he spells "rose coloured glasses". My Scottish Dad would have been proud.

:thumbsup:

Queen's english FTW. Actually posting from Canada, but yeah, been cheering for Buffalo for way to damn long.

• Like 1

Amazing.

NE finally slipping but BUF, NYJ, and MIA are all on the brink of firing their QBs and HCs.

Amazing.

NE finally slipping but BUF, NYJ, and MIA are all on the brink of firing their QBs and HCs.

No kidding. If ever there was a time for someone to make a move in that division, it appears the door is open. But those franchises just can't seem to get anything right. Or even commit long enough to see if they might have gotten it right.

I don't think Manuel is any savior, but if every QB who absorbed some really ugly road losses was benched, there'd be new starters on every team every year.

You absolutely did say that I thought I was an expert. Post #15.

So I have an opinion and you're a liar. We're all squared away.

I really don't think reading comprehension is your strong suit. I never said that you claimed to be an expert, I was pointing out that stated you do not watch the games but you were acting like an expert.

Cutler - Ok Decent

Tannenhill - LOL

Rivers - Yeah, ok

Fitzpatrick - LOL

Ok so you know 12 teams make the playoffs:

• 8th in defense is 8th in defense - you can't watch the games and not think buffalo has a pretty good defense - Playoff caliber, check
  • The team is 13th in rushing- also, don't you think they would run a little more effectively if they had any threat of passing efficiently -. Playoff caliber, check.
  • You didn't address special teams, so im assuming you know those are playoff calibre.

Look, I most definitely do not have rose colored glasses. Orton is not the answer, but I think he certainly gives an otherwise solid team a better chance of winning. Also, I think you are incorrect to thing they are giving up on EJ - as the plan was for him to sit behind a veteran (kobb) for a few years and learn the position. Even if they are giving up on him, so be it, he hasn't shown he can be an effective quarterback at the NFL level and I would rather move on to trying to find our franchise quarterback then settle for years of below average QB play.

Manuel is useless. It seems all these FSU qbs are useless (ponder).

Orton can at least manage a game and he can throw better than EJ. This will help buffalo for sure.

Ok so you know 16 teams make the playoffs (playoff calibre):

• 8th in defense is 8th in defense - you can't watch the games and not think buffalo has a pretty good defense - Playoff caliber, check
  • The team is 13th in rushing- also, don't you think they would run a little more effectively if they had any threat of passing efficiently -. Playoff caliber, check.
  • You didn't address special teams, so im assuming you know those are playoff calibre.

Look, I most definitely do not have rose colored glasses. Orton is not the answer, but I think he certainly gives an otherwise solid team a better chance of winning. Also, I think you are incorrect to thing they are giving up on EJ - as the plan was for him to sit behind a veteran (kobb) for a few years and learn the position. Even if they are giving up on him, so be it, he hasn't shown he can be an effective quarterback at the NFL level and I would rather move on to trying to find our franchise quarterback then settle for years of below average QB play.

Sigh, K first of all I assume it's a typo but you don't even know how many teams make the playoffs, but it's not 16...

13th overall puts them out of the playoff picture.

I can't be bothered to look up stats for the kicking/punting/return game. That said, it's buffalo. Wait until it gets cold, those stats will plummet.

Orton won't do . He may have a good start here and there, but then he'll plummet back to his usual Orton-ness and complete 58% of his passes. Also he'll be rusty from having started so few games in recent history.

As you pointed out, Orton isn't the answer, but you're stuck with Manuel for now, so you might as well use him and try to find some upside. I don't see any upside of going to Orton for the remainder of the season, unless this is a 1 game benching, pending fantastic play from Orton.

Tell you what though, if you think Buffalo can make the playoffs, name your stakes. I can always send an e-transfer.

Sigh, K first of all I assume it's a typo but you don't even know how many teams make the playoffs, but it's not 16...

13th overall puts them out of the playoff picture.

I can't be bothered to look up stats for the kicking/punting/return game. That said, it's buffalo. Wait until it gets cold, those stats will plummet.

Orton won't do ######. He may have a good start here and there, but then he'll plummet back to his usual Orton-ness and complete 58% of his passes. Also he'll be rusty from having started so few games in recent history.

As you pointed out, Orton isn't the answer, but you're stuck with Manuel for now, so you might as well use him and try to find some upside. I don't see any upside of going to Orton for the remainder of the season, unless this is a 1 game benching, pending fantastic play from Orton.

Tell you what though, if you think Buffalo can make the playoffs, name your stakes. I can always send an e-transfer.

I think you are missing the point - I never said I thought the bills would make the playoffs or that Orton would lead them their. What i am saying is If you watched the games, there is no chance you would believe that EJ gives the bills a better chance of winning games than Orton. Isn't that what teams are trying to do? Also, from a fantasy prospective I think Orton provides for good potential buy lows on Watkins and/or spiller.