Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

2nd year WRs

I've got 7 or 8 dynasty league. I've never owned Kevin White in dynasty or redraft and probably never will.

I'm ok completely missing on players I don't like.

I dont own him on any of my teams either., but he has been on my radar.

The scouting reports said he was highly talented, but needed work on the route running and such. This isnt uncommon among young WR's breaking into the NFL.

so in Year 1, I knew from the scouting reports and the early exhibition reports that his route running needed help. I didnt think there was any need to spend a draft pick on him. I figured if he did anything early in the season, I could pick him off of waivers. But then he got hurt and it didnt matter.

In Year 2, the pre season reports suggested his route running still hadnt improved much so I stayed away.

he's at the point where he needs to show something soon or he will be labelled a bust. I think the Bears will give him the chance to prove he can be at least the third WR on the team, but I think they truly want him to become more than that.

Some players learn more from playing than they do by watching or practicing, so maybe he is one of those guys.

I do think the bears will give him a shot at some point. He IS talented. But I wouldnt put him on my roster at this point. Too many question marks.

That doesnt make him a bad football player. There is still a chance he can turn it around. the injury certainly didnt help him, but he needs to learn to do the things that he needs to do to be successful, and so far, he hasn't been able to do it. I'm not writing him off just yet. but he's definitely a wait and see kinda player.

I feel like when Pryor couldn't land that 4/40 type contract he left a lot of 2-3 year deals on the table to take as much guaranteed as he could get in order to bet on himself and land a much better contract next year. He's a WR1 imo and went to a team where he will showcase his talent.

Crowder is best in the slot, and we eat in this offense. 100 catches is a possibiliy.

Doctson is the wildcard, freakish frame and measurables, elite speed. If he makes a leap they'll scheme him touches.

At current adp I think each are good value.

• Like 1

Put me down with TBay on Pryor.

His production was tied to being the only halfway-decent skill player on a terrible team.

And NFL front offices confirmed that evaluation since no one was willing to give him a good deal.

I feel like when Pryor couldn't land that 4/40 type contract he left a lot of 2-3 year deals on the table to take as much guaranteed as he could get in order to bet on himself and land a much better contract next year. He's a WR1 imo and went to a team where he will showcase his talent.

Crowder is best in the slot, and we eat in this offense. 100 catches is a possibiliy.

Doctson is the wildcard, freakish frame and measurables, elite speed. If he makes a leap they'll scheme him touches.

At current adp I think each are good value.

I'm with Ralph on this one. I like Crowder in PPR, but honestly its doubtful I own any of them come September. I think they will get over drafted the further along we go.

I agree that Pryors production was because he was indeed the most talented wr the Browns had last season.

But isn't that the same reason A Brown is the most productive wr with the Steelers.

Pryor might not lead the Redskins in rec but his yard per avg should be high enough to help his yardage numbers be good and I think he can catch 8 or more tds.

He has a real QB this season, and for that I like him as a low Wr2.

Even though the Redskins don't like their QB I think he's a good one.

Not buying Pryor at all, his production was circumstantial. Boom or bust wr3 I say. Crowder I'll buy at the right price as a low wr2 with upside.

Not buying Pryor at all, his production was circumstantial. Boom or bust wr3 I say. Crowder I'll buy at the right price as a low wr2 with upside.

As usual Tan and I are on opposite ends of players. I only hope most feel like you Tan. :)

I think buying Crowder as a low Wr2 is an over buy.

I like Pryor more as a wr2.

Crowder I'll buy as a high wr3.

I think Doctson could be a factor if healthy and Crowder might be the one that loses if so.

Doctson showed nothing because he didn't play due to injury.

The Skins don't have an offense with a number 1 WR. That role is filled by Jordan Reed. Cousins throws to the open WR.

I can guarantee that Doctson will get the most Red Zone looks at WR. He was drafted to go get the ball and win the 50/50 throws. He was a freak at this in college.

I think buying Crowder as a low Wr2 is an over buy.

I like Pryor more as a wr2.

Crowder I'll buy as a high wr3.

I think Doctson could be a factor if healthy and Crowder might be the one that loses if so.

Doctson is full go. He's the real value pick.

Yeah your starting to sale me on him.

I'm going to keep my eyes on him and see how this starts to take shape during the preseason.

Also Kent, what type of role do you see for Pryor?

Yeah your starting to sale me on him.

I'm going to keep my eyes on him and see how this starts to take shape during the preseason.

Also Kent, what type of role do you see for Pryor?

Hard to say right now. He's kind of a hybrid between Garçon and Djax. The guy is such a ridiculous athlete with size and speed. We know Crowder will be the slot guy. Crowder will lead the group in overall targets id think. Need to see what it looks like in training camp and preseason with The Cousins/Pryor chemistry. I just don't know if there are enough balls to go around.

Hard to say right now. He's kind of a hybrid between Garçon and Djax. The guy is such a ridiculous athlete with size and speed. We know Crowder will be the slot guy. Crowder will lead the group in overall targets id think. Need to see what it looks like in training camp and preseason with The Cousins/Pryor chemistry. I just don't know if there are enough balls to go around.

I still don't get why we assume the worst athlete and most Meh receiver of the top 3 will lead the team in targets

I still don't get why we assume the worst athlete and most Meh receiver of the top 3 will lead the team in targets

Uh, Crowder is still a great athlete. Doctson and Pryor are freaks though. Cousins likes him and he's in the slot where Cousins goes in garbage time to pad his stats and make the big money. Cousins sucks and it helps Crowder.

WAS threw 600 x for 4700 yards last year. Garcon n DJax are gone. Even if Reed and Crowder soak up 150 targets each, that's still 300 targets left to parcel out.

Uh, Crowder is still a great athlete. Doctson and Pryor are freaks though. Cousins likes him and he's in the slot where Cousins goes in garbage time to pad his stats and make the big money. Cousins sucks and it helps Crowder.

Wow. No he really is extremely mediocre for nfl standards.

5'8 185

4.56 40

7.17 shuttle

10 reps on bench

Actually, that's garbage. You guys are betting on a 5'8 receiver with that weak of speed agility times? :lol:

Oh yea. If I am Cousins trying to get a mega deal, that's the guy I'm going to. :lol:

5'8 185

4.56 40

7.17 shuttle

10 reps on bench

Actually, that's garbage. You guys are betting on a 5'8 receiver with that weak of speed agility times? :lol:

Oh yea. If I am Cousins trying to get a mega deal, that's the guy I'm going to. :lol:

Yeah, because Cousins likes to throw to him since he's not John Elway with a cannon arm. He's perfect for Cousins. Oh, unless you believe Cousins pads his stats with the long ball. LMAO!!!

It's all about situation. But be ignorant about it and god speed. Lol.

Yeah, because Cousins likes to throw to him since he's not John Elway with a cannon arm. He's perfect for Cousins. Oh, unless you believe Cousins pads his stats with the long ball. LMAO!!!

It's all about situation. But be ignorant about it and god speed. Lol.

Ignorant about what? That Crowder is the 4th best option on the team, so he will get the most targets? He isn't going to do anything with those targets. I don't see defenses having much trouble covering him. For a small slot guy, he should be quicker than he is. Cousins is going to be one sorry QB if he puts the majority of the fate of his next contract on Crowders shoulders.

5'8 185

4.56 40

7.17 shuttle

10 reps on bench

Landry Profiles the same way

5'11-205

4.65 40

Only 3 WRs saw more slot time than Crowder last year. Landry, Sterling and Boyd.

Among players with above 50% of their total snaps out of the slot Crowder led all WRs with 14.5 yards per catch out of the slot.

Landry Profiles the same way

5'11-205

4.65 40

Only 3 WRs saw more slot time than Crowder last year. Landry, Sterling and Boyd.

Among players with above 50% of their total snaps out of the slot Crowder led all WRs with 14.5 yards per catch out of the slot.

3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier.

3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier.

You're way too hung up on measurables and can't see the forest through the trees here.

• Like 1

You're way too hung up on measurables and can't see the forest through the trees here.

Correct

Yeah that faster, larger receivers are better options that ok measurable Crowder. Yep. Buying it completely.

5'8 185

4.56 40

7.17 shuttle

10 reps on bench

if you are an interior receiver, the 40 time matters little. It's all about route running and being able to change direction (or make a cut) without losing speed.

I'm not 100% sold on him being anything more than a WR3 on this team. He's one of those guys you dont really notice out there, but at the end of the game he has a handful of catches for 60 yards (or thereabouts)

to me this makes him sneaky good.

No stud, but decent enough.

Yeah that faster, larger receivers are better options that ok measurable Crowder. Yep. Buying it completely.

You're content to completely ignore who's throwing to Crowder. It's almost like you're bad at fantasy football with your takes on this.

Maybe Cousins has been lifting weights and now has a Brett Favre cannon? He doesn't. He won't ever. And guess what, if Kirk goes down Colt McCoy steps in with an equally flaccid arm. Cousins likes to pad stats to short routes. Crowder is the best value pick and may likely be the best WR on the team this season. But by all means, take Pryor at his ADP and cross those fingers on all that size and speed when he's probably not gonna see high volume deep targets.

Crowder and Reed are The Cousins paycheck.

• Like 1

D Jackson had one more target then Crowder had last season, and D jax avg almost 18 ypr.

Garçon was the leader with only 14 more targets then D jack.

I think there's pleanty of targets for all.

I like Pryor over the rest at this time myself.

Looks like right now adp for Pryor is a low wr2 that's where I like him.

Crowder adp puts him as a middle wr3 that's where I have him.

Now Doctson has a adp of a middle wr5, is stock is to low. I have him in the upper wr4 range.

TDS are random to an extent and certainly Pyror-Docston project as better redzone targets than Garcon-Djax in theory, and maybe Reed stays healthy all year too, but looking back at last year Crowder did as much with his targets as the other top wrs maybe more.

Djax 100 targets 56 catches 1,005 yards-4 tds

Garcon 114 targets 79 caches-1041 3 tds

Crowder 99 targets 67 catches 847 yards-7 tds

TDS are random to an extent and certainly Pyror-Docston project as better redzone targets than Garcon-Djax in theory, and maybe Reed stays healthy all year too, but looking back at last year Crowder did as much with his targets as the other top wrs maybe more.

Djax 100 targets 56 catches 1,005 yards-4 tds

Garcon 114 targets 79 caches-1041 3 tds

Crowder 99 targets 67 catches 847 yards-7 tds

Those stats match what I've said in terms of the Skins not having a real #1 WR. Given that, the safest bet is probably Crowder. He's got trust and chemistry with Cousins. Knows the system perfectly. Coach that now calls the plays LOVES him.

Doctson is a major mystery. Hence his current ADP.

Another thought; when Reed gets hurt those short targets are gonna get spread to Vernon Davis and Crowder. Reed stayed healthy for him last year. That's a fluke. Which is why I would never draft Reed.

Miscellaneous note: Cousins cannot throw an end zone fade pass. He's simply horrific at it. Which hurts the big WRs. Every year they try these fade passes and I yell at the TV that Cousins can't do it and we are wasting plays. Cousins needed to spend the offseason working on that throw.

• Like 1

I'm avoiding Redskins receivers to include TE Reed. It's a lot of turnover. Losing Garcon and DJ. Now, you have a WR1 that was injured last season, a WR2 in Pryor that was mostly successful as an only option (same with TE Barnidge the prev seasons for the Browns), Crowder and Reed.

There's a lot of mouths to feed, and if I was a betting man I'd say they will pass less often this year than they did last year. I expect to see them use Kelly and Perine a lot (barring injury).

Crowder will probably be the most productive, but I don't see a high ceiling for him. Reed, if he stays healthy, could be the guy. It won't be Pryor. I don't trust Doctson either. Thus, they are all DND for me.

• Like 1

I'm avoiding Redskins receivers to include TE Reed. It's a lot of turnover. Losing Garcon and DJ. Now, you have a WR1 that was injured last season, a WR2 in Pryor that was mostly successful as an only option (same with TE Barnidge the prev seasons for the Browns), Crowder and Reed.

There's a lot of mouths to feed, and if I was a betting man I'd say they will pass less often this year than they did last year. I expect to see them use Kelly and Perine a lot (barring injury).

Crowder will probably be the most productive, but I don't see a high ceiling for him. Reed, if he stays healthy, could be the guy. It won't be Pryor. I don't trust Doctson either. Thus, they are all DND for me.

Good post.

Only I wouldn't put Doctson on the DND list simply because you can get him for nothing and he could be great. If he's not you just dump him but there is potential there. He was considered the best WR prospect in his class by many.

So if you could indeed land let's says draft Crowder as a wr4 you would still avoid him?

Good post.

Only I wouldn't put Doctson on the DND list simply because you can get him for nothing and he could be great. If he's not you just dump him but there is potential there. He was considered the best WR prospect in his class by many.

So if you could indeed land let's says draft Crowder as a wr4 you would still avoid him?

My league is different. We can't drop guys. It's a way of placing emphasis on the draft. You can't replace a starter unless he is Ques or worse. (well we added a flex option where we can replace one guy regardless of game status).

So, Doctson might be available to me as a WR4, but if he stinks then he is a dud on my roster.

Honestly I'm not targeting any of them as wr2. Will consider all as bench filler wr3-4 with upside if it gets to that point.

I still have Pryor listed as a low wr2.

I can't wait to see how he does during the preseason.

Good post.

I agree. I was one of those people.

There were a lot who shared my opinion too. but a year has passed and he hasnt played, so lots have soured, but the talent is still there.

It would not surprise me if this kid lit it up.