Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

I found a will from my dad, among many other things...GEEK HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Tried to call the lawyer today that dad used to make his will.

Not only were they closed, they are closed all of next week as well.

So, I get to wait a while before I do anything.

It is spring break around here, so that is probably why they are closed.

Go get that will, do not leave it at an empty house. By the time it is read, your Aunt or a neighbor will inherit everything.

Go get that will, do not leave it at an empty house. By the time it is read, your Aunt or a neighbor will inherit everything.

For fock sakes. Don't try and get Gary all worked up. The will was written at the attorney's office so there would be more than one copy.

• Like 1

:D

I have it in my possession now. I go over there everyday and leave different lights on and turn others off. I keep the TV on too, makes it look like someone there.

Today, I left my truck there and drove one his cars.

So anyone watching the house will see there is daily activity at least.

:D

I have it in my possession now. I go over there everyday and leave different lights on and turn others off. I keep the TV on too, makes it look like someone there.

Today, I left my truck there and drove one his cars.

So anyone watching the house will see there is daily activity at least.

Different cars pulling in an out all the time..lights and tv on at all hours...yeah they think that activity is cooking meth, probably keep most folks away though. :bandana:

Definitely get a lawyer. Start with the ones who handled the will but don't be afraid to shop around if they are really expensive or you don't like them.

What the hell kind of lawyer closes for spring break? The law offices of Skeeter, Booger, and T.J.? :dunno:

Where is Wormy when you need him.

He just would have said he doesn't do this kind of law.

He just would have said he doesn't do this kind of law.

:lol:

One last point. Don't make any impulse buys as for the first time in a long time you have excess monies. Take your time, don't spoil your son too much.

:thumbsup: Going to buy him something extra cool for sure, like one thing for a modest amount. No way will I just start showering him with gifts or spending thousands on stuff.

Family will turn in a second. My sister split my siblings down the middle over 6 thousand dollars. My brother in law who is an attorney was executor of my parents estate and took care of my parents finances since i as too far away. Great guy, been married to my sister for 40 years. So anyway, my mom had everything split 3 ways but wanted my brother in law to get 1/4th of the sale of their condo. About 20 grand. My other sister freaked, telling anyone who would listen he was a sheister, and forced my mother to sign that assendum and all that, needless to say he doesnt need the money but she was flipping out. So it basically amounted to six thousand after the split. Its been 3 years and they still dont talk. Stupid . Keep in mind she was already getting about 100k frim the estate

• Like 1

If he didn't put it in a trust , it'll be probate. Lawyer up. Always put your sh!t in a trust

:thumbsup: Going to buy him something extra cool for sure, like one thing for a modest amount. No way will I just start showering him with gifts or spending thousands on stuff.

How 'bout sending edjr some gift via the internet. Just to prove u do appreciate his kindness .. and are not just a taker.

If he didn't put it in a trust , it'll be probate. Lawyer up. Always put your sh!t in a trust

It's been a while since I took this class in law school, but I think real property always has to be probated (unless it is a surviving spouse situation.)