Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Women on NFL telecasts.............................................

I'd rather listen to those broads talk football than Deon. Horrible. I stumbled on Deon, Irvin and Ladanian and some white chick the other night. It was gruesome. Yelling nonsensical gibberish all at the same time.

Was that the show with Deion and Sterling Sharpe? Omg, it's like they made Sharpe speak with 20 marbles in his mouth. :wall:

Was that the show with Deion and Sterling Sharpe? Omg, it's like they made Sharpe speak with 20 marbles in his mouth. :wall:

That's the one. It's a shame you can't find a decent highlight show anymore. That was one of the best things about Sunday night years ago. I would sometimes watch it twice.

Seriously, Michael Irvin is a real life crackhead. Why does the NFL think listening to his yelling and carrying on is informative or entertaining?

Seriously, Michael Irvin is a real life crackhead. Why does the NFL think listening to his yelling and carrying on is informative or entertaining?

That Booger guy on last nights game was unlistenable.

That's the one. It's a shame you can't find a decent highlight show anymore. That was one of the best things about Sunday night years ago. I would sometimes watch it twice.

Primetime was greatest show on TV.

That Booger guy on last nights game was unlistenable.

Yea, that stuff isn't working. Didn't work with Siragusa, don't know why they tried it again. Witten is fine, but the other guy is a bit too excited over everything. ESPN fails again

Primetime was greatest show on TV.

Yup. Even after Berman and Jackson got way played out I still watched.

I'd rather listen to those broads talk football than Deon. Horrible. I stumbled on Deon, Irvin and Ladanian and some white chick the other night. It was gruesome. Yelling nonsensical gibberish all at the same time.

I DID enjoy mushmouth for a new york minute

I guess Im used to them on sideline interviews, but I dont want them in the booth for any reason.

It should be ok for guys to have stuff to themselves, but the womens movement ruined it for everyone.

Strip Clubs

You....want to go to a strip club where there are no women?

This begets an interesting point. Is the ever increasing female presence in broadcasting a reflection of "what the majority wants" or is it some SJW scheme to "shove it down your throat"?

I don't see or hear many females in baseball or hockey broadcasts at all. I see a few here & there in NBA. Lots in soccer & tennis, track and field, etc though.

I read a lot of female journalists in pretty much every sport, many good to great ones (Mary K Cabot in Cle being but one) but for this argument we're talking NFL.

Could it be that the NFL itself is encouraging the networks to promote female talent in an effort to appeal to the widest fan base possible?

I don't know. And I don't blame them for thinking it over if that is what they are doing. That's their job. This is the entertainment business. It's just another television show with a live audience. Although a very popular one. We all see tv shows or movies where we don't like the actor or actress in a certain role. I have no problem with them experimenting if that is what they want to do, but in week 1 when I turned on the Monday night game that had the female announcer, I turned that game off within about 3 minutes of listening to her talk. Didn't even think about it. Just got on with my day.

Someone on here said he feels sorry for my wife (I have a GF not a wife) because of my attitude towards women and black people, but that is so attack mode that I can't even believe it. This is the entertainment industry. We all have opinions on actors and actresses in roles on shows across the board. And that's how it is for everyone.

If I don't want to see a white guy play the role of Princess Buttercup in The Princess Bride, does that now make me racist against white guys too?

Boo Boo. Boo.

Your true love lives. And you marry another. [speaking to the crowd] True Love saved him in the Fire Swamp, and he treated it like garbage. And that's what he is, the Queen of Refuse. So bow down to him if you want, bow to him. Bow to the Queen of Slime, the Queen of Filth, the Queen of Putrescence. Boo. Boo. Rubbish. Filth. Slime. Muck. Boo. Boo. Boo.

It just doesn't sound right as a 'him' instead of a 'her'.

But now I just realized, I must hate gay people too. :sigh: :mellow:

I sure wish there were women sportscasters who were real sports fans/sports lovers vs women who have to pleasing to the eyes of men who really don't have a clue about sports but just want to be in front of the camera by any means necessary.

I sure wish there were women sportscasters who were real sports fans/sports lovers vs women who have to pleasing to the eyes of men who really don't have a clue about sports but just want to be in front of the camera by any means necessary.

Guys (in general) couldn't give 2 shiits about women sportscasters with actual in depth knowledge about a sport. Doesn't matter how much they know or how in-tune they are with a sport - they will never relate...... And if you drive off the men, and your audience is nothing but women - turn out the lights, close the shop - it's over.

But if they're hot, look good on camera - they will be tolerated.

• Like 1