Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Some d-bag almost ran me off the road tonight

So I'm headed home on the interstate in the city, and it's 3 lanes and I'm in the right lane. Guy in some 1980's boat of a car comes up on me going like 85 and passes me on the left and then swerves in toward my left door and left front fender. I swerved and could of lost control but my driving and my SUV made it not look as bad as it felt. So then I caught up to the guy and was speeding up and slowing down on his bumper and I was honking furiously and we were both flipping each other off. he exited and I got right on his bumper like I was going to follow him and end him. I didn't though, and he kept flipping me off with his arm hanging out the window. I stared him down the whole time he exited and he looked right at me. I gave him the look like I would slit his focking throat. He was a greasy loser alocholic looking scumbag. In the end I win, because he's still a loser who can't drive worth a sh!t and I'm a member of the geek club telling my stories.

• Like 1

Should have stopped him and asked for advice on getting some.

Should have stopped him and asked for advice on getting some.

Haha.

Seriously though, that dude would have murked you, and bloodied up your Polo by Ralph Lauren. You should feel lucky to be alive.

I think we've all been in situations like this, and it is hard to let it go. Just have to realize you have no idea whether the guy has a gun and/or is violent. I read or saw something that many drivers involved in altercations are high on meth, which makes them aggressive and unpredictable.

• Like 2

Gotta love it when some fockstick does something stupid and tries to act like you did something wrong.

That happens all the time here in Cali. If I chased everyone of them down I'd never make it anywhere on time. Just flip em the bird, lay on the horn and be on your way.

• Like 1

GF got his carburator all figured out... Maurader is a racecar

Should've gotten his #, maybe he's lonely too.

Sorry dude. Didn't know that was you. Next time I'll offer you a beer.

While you are typing this, dude is probably getting busy, getting some.

What a weird thing to think and say.

Sorry dude. Didn't know that was you. Next time I'll offer you a beer.

He did say the guy was a greasy looking alcoholic loser. And scumbag, yeah, he said he was a scumbag too.

You are not alone. I have far more contempt for that type of behavior, as cyclists are pretty defenseless

You have never dealt with said bikers during rush hour in Denver. Itisatip...

Meh. Even the most militant cyclist poses little threat to the average driver, and there is far more hostility directed at cyclists from motorists than vice versa. Both sides can improve their behavior, however.

Try being a commuter cyclist in any major city and you'll better understand the problem. Itsatip...

Glad you understand. I hate the ones that want to ride down the middle of the road and think they are a car but do 30 mph less than the speed limit.

Meh. Even the most militant cyclist poses little threat to the average driver, and there is far more hostility directed at cyclists from motorists than vice versa. Both sides can improve their behavior, however.

Try being a commuter cyclist in any major city and you'll better understand the problem. Itsatip...

You are correct about the lack of threat. That's not the issue.

Two times in the past month have I been sitting at a stoplight and had bikers go around me and pull in front of me.

I am a very peaceful person. One day, I'm gonna go to jail due to these focks.

:D

You seriously don't understand unless you live here.

What kind of idiot rides his bike in the street? I live in Cali so I know, but it still baffles me. Find a trail, I read too many stories of guys getting hit to ever ride a bike on the focking street.

Some of you seem to be confusing people operating motorcycles vs people riding bicycles.

Please differentiate for me so I know which of you I need to start hating.

Motorcyclists that go inbetween cars to get to the front when we have a red light annoy me, but it is lawful, and I'd rather have them in front of me than behind me.

Spandex wearing, road entitlement thinking, Lance Armstrong wannabees on the other hand have zero use in a civilized society.

If I had lots of extra cash like most of you, I'd offer a $1000.00 reward for any geek club member that could prove that they ran over and kilt, at least maimed one of the Tour de dooshebag shitheads.

(Sorry, GoColts. I know that 4 wheels and a foot rest may be cool, but there's no way you can get up enough speed to properly hurt the focks. No $1000.00 for you)

Hate them

You are correct about the lack of threat. That's not the issue.

Two times in the past month have I been sitting at a stoplight and had bikers go around me and pull in front of me.

I am a very peaceful person. One day, I'm gonna go to jail due to these focks.

:D

You seriously don't understand unless you live here.

I'm sure there are a fair share of militant cyclists, but I also bet motorists behave badly too. The cyclists aren't supposed to impede traffic under most circumstances, but if there isn't a safe alternative where they can ride, they have the same right to the lane as a motorist. Often the shoulder "bicycle lane" is littered with gravel and broken glass, so they might not have a choice but to use a portion of the lane. You can pass them, of course, but in most places you are supposed to give a ~3 foot space cushion beside your vehicle as you do.

Again, I acknowledge many cyclists act badly, but so do a sh1t ton of people in motor vehicles.

What kind of idiot rides his bike in the street? I live in Cali so I know, but it still baffles me. Find a trail, I read too many stories of guys getting hit to ever ride a bike on the focking street.

I do. Bicycling is only incrementally more dangerous than riding in a motor vehicle, but provides plenty of health benefits as well.

Some of you seem to be confusing people operating motorcycles vs people riding bicycles.

Please differentiate for me so I know which of you I need to start hating.

Motorcyclists that go inbetween cars to get to the front when we have a red light annoy me, but it is lawful, and I'd rather have them in front of me than behind me.

Spandex wearing, road entitlement thinking, Lance Armstrong wannabees on the other hand have zero use in a civilized society.

If I had lots of extra cash like most of you, I'd offer a $1000.00 reward for any geek club member that could prove that they ran over and kilt, at least maimed one of the Tour de dooshebag shitheads.

(Sorry, GoColts. I know that 4 wheels and a foot rest may be cool, but there's no way you can get up enough speed to properly hurt the focks. No $1000.00 for you)

Hate them

People in full size trucks are the worst, whether I'm driving or riding. Can't see around them, their headlight lights blind you, and they often try to bully their way past smaller vehicles.

• Like 1

When I was in high school, me and my buddies used to drive around in my full size truck and throw crap at the nerds riding their bikes home from school. Good times.

When I was in high school, me and my buddies used to drive around in my full size truck and throw crap at the nerds riding their bikes home from school. Good times.

That's funny, because I hate douches in full size trucks and bike riders.

That's funny, because I hate douches in full size trucks and bike riders.

Sounds like I'm doing something right then.

Don't get the cyclist hate. Most places the law is they are supposed to ride in the street.

Riding on the sidewalk is dangerous to pedestrians and causes lots of trouble at intersections (people don't expect a bike coming into a crosswalk at 15-20 miles per hour.

The obvious solution is bike paths and bike lanes. If those are available and a cyclist still rides in the street, then yes, he's probably a doosh.

But short of that they are doing what they're supposed to do and you just have to deal with it.

CA recently passed a law where drivers have to give cyclists a 3-foot buffer zone. If there isn't enough space drivers are supposed to slow down and then pass. I don't think there's been much focus on enforcement, but it's emphasized in DMV guidelines now. $35 fine for failing to maintain the buffer. $220 if a collision happens.

Don't get the cyclist hate. Most places the law is they are supposed to ride in the street.

Riding on the sidewalk is dangerous to pedestrians and causes lots of trouble at intersections (people don't expect a bike coming into a crosswalk at 15-20 miles per hour.

The obvious solution is bike paths and bike lanes. If those are available and a cyclist still rides in the street, then yes, he's probably a doosh.

But short of that they are doing what they're supposed to do and you just have to deal with it.

I get it, as some cyclists take lanes/ride in pairs when they don't need to, blocking traffic. But many people have no idea what the cycling laws are, and generalize their hostility from a few bad encounters. Riding on the sidewalk is absurd, and illegal in many places. But even dedicated bike lanes are often strewn with debris, making them unsafe to use.

And I'll raise Sux' $ pledge to punish a$$wholes who buzz by cyclists too closely, or throw things at them like Mobb. Unlike somebody taking the lane, those actions can actually cause physical harm.

I get it, as some cyclists take lanes/ride in pairs when they don't need to, blocking traffic. But many people have no idea what the cycling laws are, and generalize their hostility from a few bad encounters. Riding on the sidewalk is absurd, and illegal in many places. But even dedicated bike lanes are often strewn with debris, making them unsafe to use.

And I'll raise Sux' $ pledge to punish a$$wholes who buzz by cyclists too closely, or throw things at them like Mobb. Unlike somebody taking the lane, those actions can actually cause physical harm.

That was 25 years ago. When people rode in the bed of trucks and cyclists (motor or otherwise) didn't wear helmets. We were bullying nerds, not attacking cyclists. It was a much safer time back then. :thumbsup:

That was 25 years ago. When people rode in the bed of trucks and cyclists (motor or otherwise) didn't wear helmets. We were bullying nerds, not attacking cyclists. It was a much safer time back then. :thumbsup:

People still throw sh!t at cyclists, and not all of them are stupid teenagers.

The very next day in my city someone got into road rage and was shot and wrecked. They're in critical condition. :shocking:

I hate cyclists.

About 5 years ago they put up a huge amount of bike lanes all over the city on streets that were formerly 2 lane but very narrow. You can get literally anywhere by bike lane in the city now.

I still see bikers chronically using streets without bike lanes or riding in the shoulder headed the wrong way on one way streets or directly in traffic on roads going 15-20 mph under the speed limit.

I have no idea what % of cyclists do this but it seems like a lot, and I honestly wish cops would ticket them for running stop signs and red lights in violation of the law. If you're going to use the roads you should obey the laws of the road.

Fock them.

People still throw sh!t at cyclists, and not all of them are stupid teenagers.

I was just enforcing that I don't condone that type of behavior anymore, as your post alluded. :cheers:

I hate cyclists.

About 5 years ago they put up a huge amount of bike lanes all over the city on streets that were formerly 2 lane but very narrow. You can get literally anywhere by bike lane in the city now.

I still see bikers chronically using streets without bike lanes or riding in the shoulder headed the wrong way on one way streets or directly in traffic on roads going 15-20 mph under the speed limit.

I have no idea what % of cyclists do this but it seems like a lot, and I honestly wish cops would ticket them for running stop signs and red lights in violation of the law. If you're going to use the roads you should obey the laws of the road.

Fock them.

This is all that needs to be said.

I hate cyclists.

Fock them.

Of course cyclists breaking the law should be ticketed. But I bet the % of lawbreakers isn't much different from those in cars - speeding, using cellphones, DUI, etc. Yet you are able to separate lawbreaking drivers from the rest.

And it's great some cities are creating infrastructure to encourage cyclists, while discouraging motorists. We are a horribly lazy society.

Of course cyclists breaking the law should be ticketed. But I bet the % of lawbreakers isn't much different from those in cars - speeding, using cellphones, DUI, etc. Yet you are able to separate lawbreaking drivers from the rest.

And it's great some cities are creating infrastructure to encourage cyclists, while discouraging motorists. We are a horribly lazy society.

If you consider the # of cyclists who run red lights and stop signs and drive the wrong way down 1-way streets to be breaking the law, a far higher % of cyclists are lawbreakers. It's just not enforced.

I think the fact that they put in bike lanes is great. I just wish the cyclists would use them as intended. Instead it's a free for all where they do whatever the fock they want and make it harder for drivers.

I take mass transit fwiw.