Sign in to follow this  
Gators69

Bilal Powell

Anyone feel good about his outlook for rest of season? He had a good week last week, but is essentially in a timeshare with Forte (when healthy) and McGuire. Someone in my PPR league dropped Powell before last week's game, so I'm comtemplating to put a waiver wire claim for him over L Murray since I hold the 1st waiver position. PPR league. Thoughts?

Anyone feel good about his outlook for rest of season? He had a good week last week, but is essentially in a timeshare with Forte (when healthy) and McGuire. Someone in my PPR league dropped Powell before last week's game, so I'm comtemplating to put a waiver wire claim for him over L Murray since I hold the 1st waiver position. PPR league. Thoughts?

of course you pick him up

Forte is nothing and old and hurt, Mcguire was his relief and happened to break a long run

He's worth a stash for depth or if you are desperate at RB but to be honest, he mostly had a big week on a fluke big play that was probably a blown call

I wouldn't get my hopes up

He's worth a stash for depth or if you are desperate at RB but to be honest, he mostly had a big week on a fluke big play that was probably a blown callI wouldn't get my hopes up

that's not true. take the long play away and he still had 20 rushes for 88 yards (4.4 yards per carry) as well as 4 catches for 27 yards.

24 total touches, 11.5 pts in non PPR and 15.5 pts in PPR.

that's not driven by one fluke play at all. I agree that you should temper expectations still, but I don't agree that his performance was a fluke.

that's not true. take the long play away and he still had 20 rushes for 88 yards (4.4 yards per carry) as well as 4 catches for 27 yards.

that's not driven by one fluke play at all. I agree that you should temper expectations still, but I don't agree that his performance was a fluke.

Would you still venture to say that Powell is a better ROS stash in PPR than L Murray? I am in need of a RB after losing Carson, and have the 1st waiver spot. The guy that has the 2nd waiver spot lost Cook, and would definitely pick up Murray if I pass on him.

Would you still venture to say that Powell is a better ROS stash in PPR than L Murray? I am in need of a RB after losing Carson, and have the 1st waiver spot. The guy that has the 2nd waiver spot lost Cook, and would definitely pick up Murray if I pass on him.

I would take Powell over Murray.

Murray may be "safer," but I think his ceiling is no more than a flex/spot starter at best. he may end the year with good total numbers, but I don't know how comfortable I'd be in any given week expecting him to produce Top 20 RB numbers since he's very hot and cold, and TD dependent.

Powell can be reasonably be an every week starter, especially in PPR, and I'd rather use my top waiver priority on that and swing for the fences, than settling for Murray.

I would take Powell over Murray.

Murray may be "safer," but I think his ceiling is no more than a flex/spot starter at best. he may end the year with good total numbers, but I don't know how comfortable I'd be in any given week expecting him to produce Top 20 RB numbers since he's very hot and cold, and TD dependent.

Powell can be reasonably be an every week starter, especially in PPR, and I'd rather use my top waiver priority on that and swing for the fences, than settling for Murray.

Thanks for the feedback!

Would pick him up.

He still had a decent game but any way you look at it, he had half his points or more on one play and without that play this thread probably doesn't exist

He still had a decent game but any way you look at it, he had half his points or more on one play and without that play this thread probably doesn't exist

You could say this about any WR/RB long gainers.

that's a comment you make about a guy that gets a garbage time TD at the end of the game, who probably would have gotten less than 4 points for the week without it.

that's not the case here. even take away that big play, he still touched the ball 24 times for 115 yards.

you're trying to tell me we wouldn't have a thread on here about a waiver wire RB that touches the ball 24 times for 115 yards? that would be the top of the multiple "must pickup" threads. and that's completely wiithout referencing the additional 75 yard TD run he had.

just give the guy his credit, don't know why you're fighting it so much.

Hard to believe he was available in some leagues but true. Bother he and Elijah should be rostered

that's a comment you make about a guy that gets a garbage time TD at the end of the game, who probably would have gotten less than 4 points for the week without it.

that's not the case here. even take away that big play, he still touched the ball 24 times for 115 yards.

you're trying to tell me we wouldn't have a thread on here about a waiver wire RB that touches the ball 24 times for 115 yards? that would be the top of the multiple "must pickup" threads. and that's completely wiithout referencing the additional 75 yard TD run he had.

just give the guy his credit, don't know why you're fighting it so much.

In my original comment I said he was worth stashing or starting if you are desperate at RB but you can get all giddy about a RB in a time share on the Jets if you want to

It's not like last week was a regular performance for him

Without the long TD, he put up solid flex numbers but with it he put up strong RB1 numbers, don't know what's so hard to understand about that

Don't be surprised if next week he gets 25 yards

In my original comment I said he was worth stashing or starting if you are desperate at RB but you can get all giddy about a RB in a time share on the Jets if you want to

It's not like last week was a regular performance for him

Without the long TD, he put up solid flex numbers but with it he put up strong RB1 numbers, don't know what's so hard to understand about that

Don't be surprised if next week he gets 25 yards

I felt that your comment was indicative of someone like Antone Smith back in the day, of a guy that needs to break a 40 yard TD every week or he provides you literally nothing. That's obviously not the case with Powell, which is why I took the time to extrapolate his stats without the long TD, to show that he absolutely provided starter worthy numbers either way.

and the other point you're missing is we're talking about waiver wire guys here, so don't poo poo on the fact that he provided solid flex numbers without the big play but with RB1 production on that long TD, because that's the type of guys that are available on waivers. if you can get a guy that provides solid flex floor but with RB1 potential in certain weeks, people would be breaking their FAAB bank for a guy like that. nobody's talking about him out of context here, we're all very realistic on his expectations. but you can be excited about a guy like that still because its guys like that that can often times win people their leagues.

nobody's expecting RB2 potential here even every week, but he's 100% worth using the #1 waiver priority on...which is all the op originally asked.

I felt that your comment was indicative of someone like Antone Smith back in the day, of a guy that needs to break a 40 yard TD every week or he provides you literally nothing. That's obviously not the case with Powell, which is why I took the time to extrapolate his stats without the long TD, to show that he absolutely provided starter worthy numbers either way.

and the other point you're missing is we're talking about waiver wire guys here, so don't poo poo on the fact that he provided solid flex numbers without the big play but with RB1 production on that long TD, because that's the type of guys that are available on waivers. if you can get a guy that provides solid flex floor but with RB1 potential in certain weeks, people would be breaking their FAAB bank for a guy like that. nobody's talking about him out of context here, we're all very realistic on his expectations. but you can be excited about a guy like that still because its guys like that that can often times win people their leagues.

nobody's expecting RB2 potential here even every week, but he's 100% worth using the #1 waiver priority on...which is all the op originally asked.

Right, and I posted my opinion on it, which hasn't changed

I just don't call flex numbers a big week, but top RB1 numbers I do

Without the fluke play, his "big week" was just flex worthy

He's decent depth but I wouldn't feel good if I had to start him each week or even most weeks

Don't know what's so hard to understand about that

Right, and I posted my opinion on it, which hasn't changed

I just don't call flex numbers a big week, but top RB1 numbers I do

Without the fluke play, his "big week" was just flex worthy

He's decent depth but I wouldn't feel good if I had to start him each week or even most weeks

Don't know what's so hard to understand about that

please then tell me what guy you're going to get on the waiver wire that will provide you every week RB1 production, because this whole thing comes back around to what you can find on the waiver wire.

you're completely missing the context of this, and that's what is so frustrating. By Week 5, there should never be anybody on the waiver wire that you can pick up that you'd feel good about starting week in and week out...unless your team is already pure garbage. that's why you have to have the context of the conversation in place, yet you're completely missing that.

please tell me a realistic waiver wire RB that would get you excited about and be comfortable as an every week starter for you. I'd love to hear that.

please then tell me what guy you're going to get on the waiver wire that will provide you every week RB1 production, because this whole thing comes back around to what you can find on the waiver wire.

you're completely missing the context of this, and that's what is so frustrating. By Week 5, there should never be anybody on the waiver wire that you can pick up that you'd feel good about starting week in and week out...unless your team is already pure garbage. that's why you have to have the context of the conversation in place, yet you're completely missing that.

please tell me a realistic waiver wire RB that would get you excited about and be comfortable as an every week starter for you. I'd love to hear that.

How am I missing the context when you are replying to my comment?

Explain that to me

It happens every week, a waiver wire player has a big game and people ask about his prospects for the rest of the season etc., fine, that's what we discuss here, normal as could be

I stated my opinion on that like everyone else, I said he's worth stashing on the bench and starting if you are desperate at RB but I wouldn't get my hopes up beyond that because his numbers were inflated by a fluke play

Don't know what you are having trouble understanding about that after explaining it 3 times

Explain that to me

It happens every week, a waiver wire player has a big game and people ask about his prospects for the rest of the season etc., fine, that's what we discuss here, normal as could be

I stated my opinion on that like everyone else, I said he's worth stashing on the bench and starting if you are desperate at RB but I wouldn't get my hopes up beyond that because his numbers were inflated by a fluke play

Don't know what you are having trouble understanding about that after explaining it 3 times

they were not inflated by a fluke play though; again that's Antone Smith language.

24 touches for 115 yards OUTSIDE OF THE BIG PLAY, is not inflated numbers. it's just not.

plus this is a guy that was a Top 3 PPR RB the last 4 games of last year, on an equally bad team. he's not some rookie that came out of nowhere that you have no context for trying to guess what will happen next, he has enough pedigree to get the benefit of the doubt.

and again, name any one RB that you'd find on the waiver wire that you should feel comfortable starting every week. they don't exist, so that whole "he's worth stashing on the bench and starting if you're desperate at RB but I wouldn't get my hopes up" line doesn't do anything to advance the conversation. The OP's initial question was about Powell vs Latavius Murray, and you could say the exact same thing about Latavius Murray. You can say the exact same thing too about whatever other random guy that flashes anything this week. There's never going to be a waiver wire player this late into the season that doesn't qualify as that.

Explain that to me

Someone is mad he missed out on Powell

Someone is mad he missed out on Powell

With Zeke, Fournette, Kareem Hunt and Lamar Miller, I don't think I'll miss Powell any, lol

they were not inflated by a fluke play though; again that's Antone Smith language.

24 touches for 115 yards OUTSIDE OF THE BIG PLAY, is not inflated numbers. it's just not.

plus this is a guy that was a Top 3 PPR RB the last 4 games of last year, on an equally bad team. he's not some rookie that came out of nowhere that you have no context for trying to guess what will happen next, he has enough pedigree to get the benefit of the doubt.

and again, name any one RB that you'd find on the waiver wire that you should feel comfortable starting every week. they don't exist, so that whole "he's worth stashing on the bench and starting if you're desperate at RB but I wouldn't get my hopes up" line doesn't do anything to advance the conversation. The OP's initial question was about Powell vs Latavius Murray, and you could say the exact same thing about Latavius Murray. You can say the exact same thing too about whatever other random guy that flashes anything this week. There's never going to be a waiver wire player this late into the season that doesn't qualify as that.

Funny because in a post above you said he could reasonably be started every week, plus you said you won't find anybody this late that can will be a top RB yet then state he was a top 3 RB the last 4 games

Make up your mind!

Is Bilal Powell your long lost brother or something?

Look, with Respect to Powell, I think you have to consider that he is the starter for at least the next couple of weeks.

this was the situation the last 4 weeks of last year.

combine those last 4 weeks with last weeks production where the same situation exists and this is the result:

3 100 yard games

1 80 yard game

1 60 yard game.

there was a nominal amount of receiving yards, but this guy without a doubt should be rostered.

I'd expect RB2 production with some RB1 upside.

that is fine. I'll take that from a waiver wire pickup anyday.

other things to consider:

Forte is injured and he is 31 years old. You have to consider the possibility that father time has caught up to him. He was the starter, and Powell has been more productive when he has played and hes not old.

I think when Forte is healthy, it's time to bench Forte and run with Powell.

Especially in ppr leagues and more importantly, he has been productive when given the chance

Correction: He ended the day with 2 total rushes for 5 yards. Great breakout performance.

WTF

when you have had at least 6 monster games, today had no chance of being a breakout

when you have had at least 6 monster games, today had no chance of being a breakout

Point taken, but the main point is that he only got 2 carries, which sucks if you're somebody who bought into him having a big game today. Were you satisfied with his useage/performance?

Point taken, but the main point is that he only got 2 carries, which sucks if you're somebody who bought into him having a big game today. Were you satisfied with his useage/performance?

I am never satisfied, of course I have owned Bilal for two years, I know how it is, hes always been my flex

He did exactly what I said he would do

It's a calf injury, said they need further testing on it

Sounds like he'll be very limited if he plays. How someone knows this less than 24 hours after the injury & 6 days before the game I have no clue.