Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Has Eddie Lacy gained too much weight in the NFL?

I see a lot of straw man arguments coming from you that aren't worth debating.

Seriously man, we'll see what Lacy does in the offseason, I'd like to see him return to form. Other than that, this thread has devolved into you getting angry about Lacy.

Nah, this thread has become a bunch of people providing fat jokes like a petulant child, but seeing as how you are one making some jokes I can see how you want to deflect. Sorry your wealth of knowledge sums up to "Lacy is fat, he sucks."

But Lacy is fat, and he does suck. He was begging to get tackled on that run against the Cardinals. That sucks.

Indeed, but those with more insight could see further than that.

Did all the yards he gained on that play suck?

So if he loses some weight, what does that have to do with this past year?

Did he suck two years ago when he wasnt fat? So why would he suck this coming year if he isnt fat?

This fat man had the same ypc as your skinny man Starks. Strange I know.

Also, I love that Lacy gets a big run but all people say is he got tackled from behind. lol

This is where the skill comes in, I suppose.

My whole pretense is he will not be fat heading into the season.

Indeed, but those with more insight could see further than that.

Did all the yards he gained on that play suck?

So if he loses some weight, what does that have to do with this past year?

Did he suck two years ago when he wasnt fat? So why would he suck this coming year if he isnt fat?

This fat man had the same ypc as your skinny man Starks. Strange I know.

Also, I love that Lacy gets a big run but all people say is he got tackled from behind. lol

This is where the skill comes in, I suppose.

My whole pretense is he will not be fat heading into the season.

He had a 61 yard(wide open) run and finished with 80 something yards rushing. Can you give us some insight on that?

He had a 61 yard(wide open) run and finished with 80 something yards rushing. Can you give us some insight on that?

So your defense is attacking him for a 61 yard run?

He finished with 7.4 ypc, Starks had a 3.3.

Studly David Johnson had 35 yards on more carries than Lacy, oof.

...and Lacy is fat.

He got lucky on a busted run coverage where the Cardinals rushed 5 and were too deep in the backfield, and several good blocks sprung him free (the MLB gets knocked over). Also they ran him down from behind while he was looking around for the oxygen mask. :thumbsup: I will credit Lacy for putting that super-athletic spin move in there and made 2 players miss.

I think AR is the only person I've seen defend Lacy all year. Dude is obviously a fat worthless pile. Maybe he pulls it together this off-season but I doubt it. Just doesn't have the heart, drive and discipline to be special.

I think AR is the only person I've seen defend Lacy all year. Dude is obviously a fat worthless pile. Maybe he pulls it together this off-season but I doubt it. Just doesn't have the heart, drive and discipline to be special.

So, where did I say he wasnt fat? Where did I say he doesnt need to slim down?

Typical of the internet, people read what they want not what was written.

The rhetoric you provided is adorable.

Doesnt have the heart drive and discipline?

Did he have room for it his first 2 years?

The way you think is why teams end up 3-10.

Did you think Martin was a worthless pile heading into this season?

So if he sucks so bad, how did he end up with 4.1 ypc and have 100 yard games being so fat?

How did he out produce the stud that is D Johnson in the exact same game on fewer carries... and he is fat?

Such a worthless pile, lol, that he had identical ypc with the guy that people think should start.

The reason you only see me defend Lacy is from the looks of it I am the only one who thinks beyond fat jokes.

So, where did I say he wasnt fat? Where did I say he doesnt need to slim down?

Typical of the internet, people read what they want not what was written.

The rhetoric you provided is adorable.

Doesnt have the heart drive and discipline?

Did he have room for it his first 2 years?

The way you think is why teams end up 3-10.

Did you think Martin was a worthless pile heading into this season?

So if he sucks so bad, how did he end up with 4.1 ypc and have 100 yard games being so fat?

How did he out produce the stud that is D Johnson in the exact same game on fewer carries... and he is fat?

Such a worthless pile, lol, that he had identical ypc with the guy that people think should start.

The reason you only see me defend Lacy is from the looks of it I am the only one who thinks beyond fat jokes.

You keep blabbing on about YPC like it means much. If you watched the guy play this year he mostly stunk and, yes, James freaking Starks looked like the better ball carrier. In other words he got outperformed by a journeyman

You keep blabbing on about YPC like it means much. If you watched the guy play this year he mostly stunk and, yes, James freaking Starks looked like the better ball carrier. In other words he got outperformed by a journeyman

If Starks was better why was his ypc the same? So how can he outperform him without outperforming him?

He was fat, and still put up equal stats, and regardless of your argument, ypc is a universal way to compare players. Kinda like ppg in basketball. Why use statistical evidence for a basis of results, right? lol

Also, Starks is not a journeyman, he has been on the same team his entire career.

As Larry Wilmore would say... "The was brought to you by "Words." Use them correctly. "Words.""

:banana: Unless Lacy shows up to camp in great shape, I'm putting him on my DND list and I'll happily take Starks ahead of him as he might steal the job. Also, stop riling up the noobs Worms, he's clearly deeply in love with Lacy. ;)

If Starks was better why was his ypc the same? So how can he outperform him without outperforming him?

He was fat, and still put up equal stats, and regardless of your argument, ypc is a universal way to compare players. Kinda like ppg in basketball. Why use statistical evidence for a basis of results, right? lol

Also, Starks is not a journeyman, he has been on the same team his entire career.

As Larry Wilmore would say... "The was brought to you by "Words." Use them correctly. "Words.""

I guess you don't know what journeyman means in this context. Ironic that you're lecturing me about words when it's you who should probably consult a dictionary.

• Like 1

I guess you don't know what journeyman means in this context. Ironic that you're lecturing me about words when it's you who should probably consult a dictionary.

Not even one reference to Lacy or Starks in our discussion. I'll take that as your white flag.

I guess in a post where your point is again destroyed you drift of into a trolling battle.

I'll spare you, owning you is becoming tiring. I dont even need jokes to do it, information works just fine.

He had 3 touchdowns this year. He was a healthy scratch in one game, leaving his owners hanging. He rushed for 100 yards 3 times this year. He sucked. If he comes in not fat, sure, he becomes more draftable. But I don't care if he marries Jenny Craig, he shouldn't sniff the first 3 rounds.

He had 3 touchdowns this year. He was a healthy scratch in one game, leaving his owners hanging. He rushed for 100 yards 3 times this year. He sucked. If he comes in not fat, sure, he becomes more draftable. But I don't care if he marries Jenny Craig, he shouldn't sniff the first 3 rounds.

Thats the worst logic I have ever heard.

Especially when he wasnt fat, he was really good.

But if he comes back this year "not fat", he will suck.

Forget he was good before this year and clearly weight and injuries were and issue and still did as well as Starks.

Turrible logic. So many people just angry and hating on Lacy.

Not even one reference to Lacy or Starks in our discussion. I'll take that as your white flag.

I guess in a post where your point is again destroyed you drift of into a trolling battle.

I'll spare you, owning you is becoming tiring. I dont even need jokes to do it, information works just fine.

LOL look at this clown. Joined in Jan 2015 with 200 posts and thinks he runs the ######.

You're the ony troll I see arguing with everyone else in this thread. Go cry into Lacy's man boobs.

He's fat. He underperformed. People drafted him in 1st round are pissed off about it. Starks is looking like better potential ADP value if Lacy comes back out of shape. Deal with it.

If you love Lacy so much, go draft the mofo #1 overall and win your league.

I'm not angry at Lacy. I don't draft RB's in the first round. Haven't since 2007.

Not for a while either. QB or WR1 in almost every draft, have seen too many RB1 busts in the first round. Most leagues I play in are heavily weighted to QB scoring though.

I'm not angry at Lacy. I don't draft RB's in the first round. Haven't since 2007.

Not for a while either. QB or WR1 in almost every draft, have seen too many RB1 busts in the first round. Most leagues I play in are heavily weighted to QB scoring though.

You two sure put a lot of energy into hating him for not being mad at him.

As Far as Lacy goes, I'm actually more concerned about his concussion history than I am about his weight.

Hes already got a couple and hes a young player. His rugged running style will likely lead to more.

as for Weight. many are telling him to back away from the buffet table. I think the issue is he didnt work out in the winter. During football season you can eat whatever you want because football is hard work and players burn off all the calories.

In the offseason, if you eat the same, you gotta work out.

I suspect the latter wasnt happening and the former was.

he's learned his lesson. I'd be surprised if he didnt come to camp in great shape next year.

The Concussion thing still concerns me. But this kid still has what it takes. He will be fine.

As Far as Lacy goes, I'm actually more concerned about his concussion history than I am about his weight.

Hes already got a couple and hes a young player. His rugged running style will likely lead to more.

as for Weight. many are telling him to back away from the buffet table. I think the issue is he didnt work out in the winter. During football season you can eat whatever you want because football is hard work and players burn off all the calories.

he's learned his lesson. I'd be surprised if he didnt come to camp in great shape next year.

The Concussion thing still concerns me. But this kid still has what it takes. He will be fine.

Good posting.

IF Lacy comes to camp in great shape, AND looks good in preseason...he could move up into the top 5 ranks again, definitely top 10, I think he was consensus #4 last year with an ADP of 1.3? . I suspect people may have a chance to draft him as some keeper league people may dump him after the most recent season. I hope this was just a down year for Green Bay overall, as Rodgers didn't exactly live up to the #2 QB billing either.

If Lacy wants to continue playing in the NFL than he will show up in shape to play at the level he can play

Beyoncé sure and hell has.

Dude I swear she almost fell on her rotund ass last night wearing those heels lol...

BTW I see the Pack drafting another runner this year.

I think GB would be better served going oline/dline then dbs before another runner.

If they lose Starks, I can see them going RB in Rd 3.

I've never been a huge Lacy fan; IMO his value stemmed a lot from being the primary back in a prolific passing offense. GB will likely be better next year with the return of Nelson, but will they be back to pre-injury levels? That's a risk, as is Lacy's apparent commitment to his craft.

I agree so much with the above post .

I've never been a huge Lacy fan; IMO his value stemmed a lot from being the primary back in a prolific passing offense. GB will likely be better next year with the return of Nelson, but will they be back to pre-injury levels? That's a risk, as is Lacy's apparent commitment to his craft.

I think Lacy will go into training camp in the best shape of his life, that being said what shape he is in going into training will determine if GB will draft a RB in the 2017 draft. They will probably take a back in the 5-7 round this year just as insurance though.

I think Lacy will go into training camp in the best shape of his life, that being said what shape he is in going into training will determine if GB will draft a RB in the 2017 draft. They will probably take a back in the 5-7 round this year just as insurance though.

Lacy has no choice.

Hes showed up to camp overweight 2 years in a row. Lost his starting gig briefly.

the word is that Green Bay Brass has already told him not to do it again. If hes smart he will listen, or he will quickly find himself on another team and/or out of the league shortly thereafter.

Only if he wants his job , one would think he would have learn the other time , but maybe just maybe he doesn't care all that much like some might think .

Only if he wants his job , one would think he would have learn the other time , but maybe just maybe he doesn't care all that much like some might think .

Such an extreme thought. Do you know Eddie?

When you have played three season in the NFL you are bound to have some so-so games, is that enough insight?

Say something...

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/02/eddie-lacy-p90x-does-a-body-good-check-out-my-slimmed-bod/

Its Ok, that sound you hear is the Lacy haters being proven wrong.

Was it really that hard to believe that a football player would lose weight once healthy?

As I have said, this was something that will be fixed, to have any doubts shows in experience and lack of understanding.

What kills me are all packer fans in denial last couple years that he wasn't fat

I dont think they were denying that he was fat.

I think they were in denial that it affected his production.

The man is HUGE. it's pretty tough to deny that he is carrying too much weight. He almost looks like an O lineman instead of a RB.

I traded for Lacy in week 11 in a keeper league expecting him to come into next season in better shape and healthy. Injuries contributed to his being overweight. Even being overweight I still saw quick feet and fluid hips like Natrone Means and Jerome Bettis.

Talent, situation, QB, and opportunity are all there to be a top 3 Rb next season.

The Pack are going to have the easiest schedule in the NFL this year. If Eddie is in shape, lots of scoring opportunities and lots of clock killing at the end of games with leads.