Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

Lewis Black on Glenn Beck

this sonofabitch is certifiably insane. At first he seemed like a genuine guy who was really conservative and emotional. I liked him. He was fresh and interesting.

It took about 25 minutes for me to say, "wait a minute. What? Is this fuckface serious?"

Indeed he was. Indeed he was serious. And people watch this retard rally and lose their gawdamn minds. People like him have killed the Republican Party. They've killed the Tea Party.

and you know who else killed things? Hitler.

Beck is famous and powerful for using emotions like anger and fear to rally his supporters. He uses propaganda and faux-statistics to assert his beliefs. He targets the paranoid and disenfranchised and makes them feel empowered and motivated.

...sound familiar?

G-L-E-N-N

That's five letters.

Wait a minute...

A-D-O-L-F

:doublethumbsup:

G-L-E-N-N

That's five letters.

Wait a minute...

A-D-O-L-F

Don't do that with Ronald Wilson Reagan.

If I ever met Glenn Beck, I would punch him in the face. Seriously. He gives libertarians a bad name.

It's a TV show. Rush is a radio show. Olberman is a TV show. Maddow is a tv show. Howard Stern is radio show. These people really don't matter. The real people that matter work in Washington DC. We should prolly put our attention that way. HTH

Why do liberals care so much about what Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh say? You don't see me starting a thread every time Bill Maher says something stupid.

BTW, I can't stand Beck.

Why do liberals care so much about what Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh say? You don't see me starting a thread every time Bill Maher says something stupid.

BTW, I can't stand Beck.

The answer is that it's much easier to make fun of TV or Radio personalities than it is to talk about the actual issues. Why? Because the majority of the country is fiscally conservative so liberals have to use diversion and smoke and mirrors.

Also Beck doesn't bother me. Neither does Maher or Olberman. Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I roll my eyes, sometimes they make sense. But at the end of the day they are TV shows. I don't get why people get so wrapped up in the TV/Radio people either.

Guys...it's comedy.

Well yeah, the original thead post was comedy. I think the thread evolved as Beck/Rush/Hannity are topics constantly on this board. But you are right. :thumbsup:

BTW, I can't stand Beck.

Look at the ratings, there are a lot of people who aren't liberal who care about what Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh say. In fact, I think they care a little too much.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...rty_protest.jpg

Beck is famous and powerful for using emotions like anger and fear to rally his supporters. He uses propaganda and faux-statistics to assert his beliefs. He targets the paranoid and disenfranchised and makes them feel empowered and motivated.

...sound familiar?

Yeah because leftists, democrats, progressives, whatever you want to call it, never use fear and and anger and propoganda :doublethumbsup:

That's right, there were no government protests when Bush was in office. Good point.

Thanks. And you're right. Lefty loons were impelled to protest the Bush administration through propaganda smear campaigns aired by the liberal mainstream media. :doublethumbsup:

You're better off just chuckling at Dim Beck than offering partisan defenses.

Guys...it's comedy.

Funny sh!t.

I don't much give a fock what Glen Beck says. What makes it thread worthy is Black's highly entertaining use of his words.

hey CH, can you add Lewis Black somewhere to this thread title.

I had to get really focking bored and desperate to click on a Glenn Beck topic... and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was REALLY a Lewis Black comedy skit.

Great Link... sucky thread title.

Thanks for posting!

It's a TV show. Rush is a radio show. Olberman is a TV show. Maddow is a tv show. Howard Stern is radio show. These people really don't matter. The real people that matter work in Washington DC. We should prolly put our attention that way. HTH

dude, if they mattered that much they would HAVE a TV show. duh.

I didn't click the link. I see its Lewis Black and have extrapolated that he's railing Beck over something. Uh huh. The irony is that Black himself is one of the most bitter, jaded, angry, unpleasant and unkind individuals purporting to be a comedian. If his friends, like Jon Stewart, didn't invite him to be on the show, then he'd be a D lister by now. As it is, he's no more than a C lister. He should stick to script work.

:thumbsup:

Funny sh!t.

I don't much give a fock what Glen Beck says. What makes it thread worthy is Black's highly entertaining use of his words.

Every time I see Black I lol and wonder how advanced his Parkinson's is.

Why do liberals care so much about what Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh say?

Because they are the intellectual leaders of today's morally defunct and retarded GOP. HTH!

Because they are the intellectual leaders of today's morally defunct and retarded GOP. HTH!

Says who?

If I ever met Glenn Beck, I would punch him in the face. Seriously. He gives libertarians a bad name.

Yeah a girls softball umpire has Beck shaking in his boots :wall:

Yeah a girls softball umpire has Beck shaking in his boots :music_guitarred:

Does he goosestep in those boots? Let me get my chalkboard and show you how "boots" are only part of the hidden Nazi agenda....

You have cancer yet?

Does he goosestep in those boots? Let me get my chalkboard and show you how "boots" are only part of the hidden Nazi agenda....

You have cancer yet?

What do you make like $12.50 a game? Beck has more money than you could earn in 10 lifetimes! :music_guitarred:

This is seriously funny. I'm going to have to remember this guy Lewis Black I never heard of him before.

This is seriously funny. I'm going to have to remember this guy Lewis Black I never heard of him before.

Really?!

Oh, man. He'd be just your kind of comic too. Very cynical toward politicians in general. Pokes fun at stupidity, etc. A very 'smart' comic who does the best rants. :music_guitarred:

Really?!

Oh, man. He'd be just your kind of comic too. Very cynical toward politicians in general. Pokes fun at stupidity, etc. A very 'smart' comic who does the best rants. :music_guitarred:

When I left, neither Jon Stewart nor Stephen Colbert had their own show. Stewart was a sort of at large comedian and I had never heard of Colbert.

These Fox talking heads are all new too.

When I left, neither Jon Stewart nor Stephen Colbert had their own show. Stewart was a sort of at large comedian and I had never heard of Colbert.

Me_2006 is right. Black is almost always very focking funny. He has a few stand up shows you'd like.

Yeah, well, what else is new? :bandana:

Dude, you've been posting four years and I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've said that.

Dude, you've been posting four years and I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've said that.

Some see the light more slowly than others.

Some see the light more slowly than others.

Maybe if I chewed about 20 aderols it would help speed up the process.....because it's slow, believe me.

Maybe if I chewed about 20 aderols it would help speed up the process.....because it's slow, believe me.

I can't swallow pills. It's like a weird mental block.

My 300 pound pizza delivery man friend, however, has no problem swallowing those things. He keeps trying to convince me to do the weed+adderall combo. Along with the rest of the ish he's into. Because his life is clearly going in the right direction.

What do you make like $12.50 a game? Beck has more money than you could earn in 10 lifetimes! :bandana:

Cancer yet?

US news has become nothing but talking heads. Cable tv has destroyed the news. It's all slanted right and left. I quit TV news and listen to NPR.

Says who?

Says Rush? And when the party chairman has to backtrack on his criticisms of Limblob, you know the morons have taken over the party.

i love the republitards who deny that Beck has any influence over the republican paryty. So, what you are saying is that those tea party people will have no influence over who wins republican primarys because Beck is worshipped by those idiots:

Politico’s Tea Party Popularity Survey: Love Beck, Hate McCain, Torn On Palin

It may be a bit early to predict what the impact of the recently-consolidated Tea Party movement will be on future elections (both this fall and in 2012), but as their relevance grows on the national political scene, their views carry increasingly more weight. To that end, Politico set out to find what tea partiers think of some of the conservative movement’s top leaders. While most results were predictable– their love of Glenn Beck and suspicion towards John McCain, for starters– Politico also found some surprises in the attitudes towards some of their biggest supporters.

It probably wouldn’t have taken extensive polling to discover that Sen. John McCain, who is facing a significant Tea Party challenge for his Arizona seat from radio personality JD Hayworth, is not the best-liked man in the Republican Party. McCain topped the list of least popular Republicans, with some surveyed citing his progressive tendencies, others his family’s support of same-sex marriage, and some even blaming him directly for putting “an inexperienced and corrupt man in the White House.” Also making the list? Polarizing Republican Party head Michael Steele, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, and moderate Republican Senator Lindsey Graham (who recently picked a fight with Tea Party favorite Glenn Beck). Almost every prominent Republican from the Northeast– Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, Mitt Romney, et al– got a dishonorable mention, too.

Most of those garnering some Tea Party love are not currently holding public office, keeping with the movement’s spirit of being tired of career politicians. Beck and Sarah Palin made the top of the list

http://www.mediaite.com/online/politicos-t...-torn-on-palin/