Sign in to follow this  
IAMWood

The Daily Show exposes "Liberal Media"

Click on October 26 show

The Daily Show is a breath of fresh air. The hypocrisy of fools labeling "liberal media", and people who dismiss global warming.

Ready to hear how recliner puzzy talks about how scientists refute global warming and jerrykids closed minded thinking.

Assef Mandi (sp?), funny mofo.

:music_guitarred:

The Daily Show is a comedy show. It's not a news show that has due dilligence when reporting news. It can take clips or snippets from one interveiw and combine it with a totally seperate interveiw, put them together and make a funny or make a point. That's comedy, not news or facts.

Simply laugh (if you find it funny) and take it for what it is. :thumbsup:

this thread should be another showcase of the reasoned, objective open-mindedness this place is known for <_<

this thread should be another showcase of the reasoned, objective open-mindedness this place is known for <_<

John Stewart is a h0m0.

So they get busted lying, their whole agenda is exposed as BS.

Some guy says he did a study and says no it's legit.

So uhm, that magically makes it legit?

The fact that he was hired by oil execs doesn't prove anything. Maybe he has an agenda, hell, maybe they have an agenda. Some of the biggest profits of

all this global warming crap end up in the pockets of oil. Why? Cause tougher regulations on gasoline have excused them to jack up the prices drastically.

Cities and states who now require their special starbucks gas from refineries have made them billions. A lot of these oil guys have also been hedging their

bets by investing in alternative energies.

The fact that he was hired by oil execs doesn't prove anything. Maybe he has an agenda, hell, maybe they have an agenda. Some of the biggest profits of

all this global warming crap end up in the pockets of oil. Why? Cause tougher regulations on gasoline have excused them to jack up the prices drastically.

Cities and states who now require their special starbucks gas from refineries have made them billions. A lot of these oil guys have also been hedging their

Shush, the lemmings might catch on. :nono:

The people who have posted so far, sorry I didn't mention you guys in my original post.

Also funny how you haven't even addressed the "liberal media". Not sure the point of any of you posts, stay on topic ladies. One dude has kinda. You guys really don't see the irony?

The people who have posted so far, sorry I didn't mention you guys in my original post.

Also funny how you haven't even addressed the "liberal media". Not sure the point of any of you posts, stay on topic ladies. One dude has kinda. You guys really don't see the irony?

FRANK'S® REDHOT® BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP

INGREDIENTS:

8 oz. pkg.cream cheese, softened

1/2 cupblue cheese or ranch salad dressing

1/2 cupFRANK'S® REDHOT® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK'S® REDHOT® Buffalo Wing Sauce

1/2 cupcrumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese

2 cans (12.5 oz. each)SWANSON® White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained

DIRECTIONS:

HEAT oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.

MIX in salad dressing, Frank's RedHot Sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.

BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables.

The earth is warming. And some time in the future it will cool. Is it it man made? Nobody knows. It' all theory.

Whenever someone says that they don't believe "liberal media bias", I don't listen to another word that comes out of their mouths concerning politics.

Yea. All the scientists have a secret meeting every year to determine how they are going to fock with the world.

IMM, is that you?

The earth is warming. And some time in the future it will cool. Is it it man made? Nobody knows. It' all theory.

Whenever someone says that they don't believe "liberal media bias", I don't listen to another word that comes out of their mouths concerning politics.

:pointstosky:

Yea. All the scientists have a secret meeting every year to determine how they are going to fock with the world.

IMM, is that you?

If gov't thought beaver asses were a threat and wanted to pour billions into studying them, you can bet scientists everywhere would suddenly have

a hankering to violate some beavers and write about it.

If gov't thought beaver asses were a threat and wanted to pour billions into studying them, you can bet scientists everywhere would suddenly have

a hankering to violate some beavers and write about it.

:rolleyes: Spoken like a true redneck.

Lol, I'm still waiting for the ice age that scientists were predicting 40 years ago? We should all be under ice by now? :dunno:

And of course we know these so called scientists are never wrong? :lol:

Ready to hear how recliner puzzy talks about how scientists refute global warming and jerrykids closed minded thinking.

I have no idea what this means. In the interest of kindness, I'm going to presume that English isn't your first language? :dunno:

Lol, I'm still waiting for the ice age that scientists were predicting 40 years ago? We should all be under ice by now? :dunno:

And of course we know these so called scientists are never wrong? :lol:

Yea. Totally. They are clearly a bunch of morons. It's all a hoax so they can steal money. I mean really... what has science really accomplished in the past 100 years? It's laughable really.

The earth is warming. Ummm, okay. That's the science. We get it.

How much of that is simply the cyclical nature of the earth of thousands if bazillions of years.

If some is indeed attributed to man (which it is) how much is it? 50% 5% .005% .0000000000000005%

The earth is warming. Ummm, okay. That's the science. We get it.

How much of that is simply the cyclical nature of the earth of thousands if bazillions of years.

If some is indeed attributed to man (which it is) how much is it? 50% 5% .005% .0000000000000005%

That's what they are trying to figure out. That's what scientists do.

And what is interesting about this, and Sux actually posted the story a few months ago, this guy was funded to disprove MMGW. And his research surprisingly showed there was some validity to it.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/04/local/la-me-climate-berkeley-20110404

The Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project was launched by physics professor Richard Muller, a longtime critic of government-led climate studies, to address what he called "the legitimate concerns" of skeptics who believe that global warming is exaggerated.

But Muller unexpectedly told a congressional hearing last week that the work of the three principal groups that have analyzed the temperature trends underlying climate science is "excellent.... We see a global warming trend that is very similar to that previously reported by the other groups."

The Berkeley project's biggest private backer, at $150,000, is the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation. Oil billionaires Charles and David Koch are the nation's most prominent funders of efforts to prevent curbs on the burning of fossil fuels, the largest contributor to planet-warming greenhouse gases.

The $620,000 project is also partly funded by the federal Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, where Muller is a senior scientist. Muller said the Koch foundation and other contributors will have no influence over the results, which he plans to submit to peer-reviewed scientific journals.

Don't feel like getting into another debate about the requirements of "peer review" again, because if you don't understand it, I can't help you. But I guess they're all the journals that reviewed the study are in on the conspiracy with Muller. :rolleyes:

I'm assuming the peer review process has been completed, as alluded to in the video, and that's why this is news again.

Figured I'd look up this study which is the focus of 'it's real!'

I'm assuming it was done by some guy named Nixon Reagan and published in the journal...

http://berkeleyearth.org/Resources/Berkeley_Earth_Summary_20_Oct

COOLING THE WARMING DEBATE

Berkeley Earth Releases Global Land Warming Analysis

So the study was done by a supposed warming skeptic...who also happens to be the founder/professor for Berkeley Earth.

:doh:

Maybe tomorrow we can get an unbiased story about the Repub candidates done by the DNC

Figured I'd look up this study which is the focus of 'it's real!'

I'm assuming it was done by some guy named Nixon Reagan and published in the journal...

http://berkeleyearth.org/Resources/Berkeley_Earth_Summary_20_Oct

COOLING THE WARMING DEBATE

Berkeley Earth Releases Global Land Warming Analysis

So the study was done by a supposed warming skeptic...who also happens to be the founder/professor for Berkeley Earth.

:doh:

Maybe tomorrow we can get an unbiased story about the Repub candidates done by the DNC

He was hired by the Republicans, idiot. And the process of peer review is meant to take any bias out of scientific studies.

But keep going ahead and googling shiit like you have a PhD and know more about this than real scientists do. And jumping to conclusions about his beliefs based on where he works. He also is affiliated with MIT. Contrary to what a lot of ignorant right wingers think, not everyone fits into a nice stero-typed bucket.

If you want to use google, go google what he was saying about global warning prior to this study. He was a very vocal skeptic of it and critical of previous studies that supported global warming, which was why he was selected to do the study. By the oil companies. And the republicans.

I just found the whole thing interesting. And I want the smart people to keep studying it to see what they find.

I left Tyler earlier this week and it was in the mid 80s. I woke up this morning in Amarillo to a blizzard.

MMGW? I think not. :banana:

Science be damned. I don't even know why they teach this crap in schools. They should stick with the three Rs, Readin', Ritin, Rithmetic, and leave the hard stuff to anyone who has a thermometer outside who can tell it's damn cold out there.

And I want the smart people to keep studying it to see what they find.

That's nice and dandy and I actually agree. But should we be changing policy (gov't / fiscal) based on what we know now (for certain)?

Science be damned. I don't even know why they teach this crap in schools. They should stick with the three Rs, Readin', Ritin, Rithmetic, and leave the hard stuff to anyone who has a thermometer outside who can tell it's damn cold out there.

I'll admit it's no Daily Show, but it was flippin' cold. :overhead:

That's nice and dandy and I actually agree. But should we be changing policy (gov't / fiscal) based on what we know now (for certain)?

NO. Absolutely not. And I never said that. And I'm not a big MMGW person anyway. I don't really care that much about it. I'm just not going to sit here and pretend I know more about it than the people that have doctorates in physics and call them morons because my political party heavily funded by the oil industry says that's what I'm supposed to say. :dunno:

The Daily Show is a comedy show. It's not a news show that has due dilligence when reporting news. It can take clips or snippets from one interveiw and combine it with a totally seperate interveiw, put them together and make a funny or make a point. That's comedy, not news or facts.

Simply laugh (if you find it funny) and take it for what it is. :thumbsup:

um, fox does this every day :dunno:

He was hired by the Republicans, idiot. And the process of peer review is meant to take any bias out of scientific studies.

But keep going ahead and googling shiit like you have a PhD and know more about this than real scientists do. And jumping to conclusions about his beliefs based on where he works. He also is affiliated with MIT. Contrary to what a lot of ignorant right wingers think, not everyone fits into a nice stero-typed bucket.

If you want to use google, go google what he was saying about global warning prior to this study. He was a very vocal skeptic of it and critical of previous studies that supported global warming, which was why he was selected to do the study. By the oil companies. And the republicans.

I just found the whole thing interesting. And I want the smart people to keep studying it to see what they find.

hired by Repubs? actually the money for htis came from 5 different charitable foundations, primarily from Bill Gates. I said earlier in this thread that entities like this give to

both sides. BP even gave a ton of money to Berkeley for alternative fuels research.

The problem with his findings is that the reporting completely focuses on one phrase: warming is real. it goes no further into how or why. warming supporters have taken that and

run with: it's the fault of humans! But that is not what he found. All they figured out is that the earf is about a degree warmer on land over the last fitty years. So I guess that settles

it huh.

Muller: Global warming is real. Perhaps our results will help cool this portion of the climate debate. How much of the warming is due to humans and what will be the likely effects? We made no independent assessment of that. :cheers:

um, fox does this every day :dunno:

Wrong. Not the News part of FoxNews. Or if they do they retract it like every other news outlet.

itsatip that Hannity and shows like that aren't 'news' either. They're editorials.

hired by Repubs? actually the money for htis came from 5 different charitable foundations, primarily from Bill Gates. I said earlier in this thread that entities like this give to

both sides. BP even gave a ton of money to Berkeley for alternative fuels research.

The problem with his findings is that the reporting completely focuses on one phrase: warming is real. it goes no further into how or why. warming supporters have taken that and

run with: it's the fault of humans! But that is not what he found. All they figured out is that the earf is about a degree warmer on land over the last fitty years. So I guess that settles

it huh.

Muller: Global warming is real. Perhaps our results will help cool this portion of the climate debate. How much of the warming is due to humans and what will be the likely effects? We made no independent assessment of that. :cheers:

Right. He did an independent study... funded by people that wanted him to find there was not warming, after being extremely vocal and critical about other studies that had been done and how they were BS. And he presented his findings at a Republican held hearing. Who said that anyone is saying he found that MMGW is real? That's what the Daily Show was making fun of... that the "liberal media" didn't even cover the story. It appears only people on interwebs message boreds are up in arms about it.

I don't even understand why this is a political thing. Why the right poo poos it and the left supports it. Well I guess I do... you base your beliefs on who is putting money in your pocket. And the public follows along like good little sheep.

I feel like Nikki is trying to make a point here, but I'm not sure what it is. :dunno:

It pisses me off when people call really smart people who have dedicated their lives to science and save lives and improve our standard of living stuff idiots because their political parties tell them so.

It pisses me off when people call really smart people who have dedicated their lives to science and save lives and improve out standard of living stuff idiots because their political parties tell them so.

Some of those people who have dedicated their lives to science and pretend to save lives are panty wearing idiots stuffing their egos with money given by muffins suckin chocolate humpers that tell them so. Anal is only good when both ends are good fer it.

Who said that?

I only got to your post and the one before yours. Are you guys trying to make a point to me by telling me something I am saying that I didn't say, or you just writing to write this stuff to make yourself feel better? :overhead:

Dang nikki, you are saying it better than I can.

It's funny how people miss the point and immediately dismiss things because of their own personal bias. I guess it is sorta my fault for putting something about global warming in the subtitle. I guess people forgot the main title of the thread as soon as they read that subtitle and didn't bother to watch the link or something.

Assef Mandi (sp?), freakin classic right? Usually people of his heritage bug the crud out of me, yeah I ain't no saint, but that guy is one ironically funny focker. Who is with me? :overhead:

If you watch the link, you might see a point. I have never said there is no "liberal bias" in the media, but their is much more bias out there than just that, if you refuse to see that, not much I can do for you.

Yea. Totally. They are clearly a bunch of morons. It's all a hoax so they can steal money. I mean really... what has science really accomplished in the past 100 years? It's laughable really.

The other day, Michio Kaku was talking about how scientists have discovered neutrinos moving faster than the speed of light, which would essentially prove all the laws of physics as we know them to be wrong. Science is wrong about 99% of the time. They constantly have to admit they were wrong because they discover the next thing. Was it really that long ago when scientists were sure the sun revolved around a flat earth that rode through space on the back of a giant turtle? What has science accomplished in the last 100 years? At this point, absolutely nothing. Which is why we have to have separation of science and state. Science has no place in government issues and should not be funded with tax dollars. It's a disgrace how science panders to the weak minded in order to stuff their pockets with funding for their bogus theories. Most scientists get rich from lying to the world.

Ban Science!!! :angry:

The other day, Michio Kaku was talking about how scientists have discovered neutrinos moving faster than the speed of light, which would essentially prove all the laws of physics as we know them to be wrong. Science is wrong about 99% of the time. They constantly have to admit they were wrong because they discover the next thing. Was it really that long ago when scientists were sure the sun revolved around a flat earth that rode through space on the back of a giant turtle? What has science accomplished in the last 100 years? At this point, absolutely nothing. Which is why we have to have separation of science and state. Science has no place in government issues and should not be funded with tax dollars. It's a disgrace how science panders to the weak minded in order to stuff their pockets with funding for their bogus theories. Most scientists get rich from lying to the world.

Ban Science!!! :angry:

I don't totally disagree with this personally. For me, it's the search for the truth, for many it's not. In general, science by definition is the search for the truth. Is all science truthful? Of course not. Doesn't mean all or 99% of it isn't either.