Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Marco Rubio - won, 1 of 67 counties in Florida.

I would have loved to be in his strategy room

"It's all going to change once Florida votes.."

:crickets:

Turned into a total dud.

Seemed ok at the start...but man was just an empty suit...puppet for the party.

He was right that the nominee would be the guy who won florida

Turned into a total dud.

Seemed ok at the start...but man was just an empty suit...puppet for the party.

Don't agree with this, but given the Trump factor he wasn't positioned to compete and waited too long to take Trump seriously... They all made that same mistake. Play nice and figure he would flame out or implode... and it gave Trump such a head start it was over after the 60'

Don't agree with this, but given the Trump factor he wasn't positioned to compete and waited too long to take Trump seriously... They all made that same mistake. Play nice and figure he would flame out or implode... and it gave Trump such a head start it was over after the 60'

Agreed, Rubio will be fine, he's young and has a bright future. I think he also probably needed to be humbled a bit by his own state, they didn't appreciate the fact that he almost immediately started setting himself up for a run for President once he was elected to the Senate, absent voting record etc.

Wow - how does that even happen? Then again, Gore chub focked Tennessee in 2008, so....

Agreed, Rubio will be fine, he's young and has a bright future. I think he also probably needed to be humbled a bit by his own state, they didn't appreciate the fact that he almost immediately started setting himself up for a run for President once he was elected to the Senate, absent voting record etc.

My take as well. :thumbsup:

I do not veiw him as an "empty suit" like others. My main concerns were that he hasn't really stayed long enough to give a sense of what he'd actually be and do. And he seemed like he wasn't interested in fiscal responsibility to me.

But other than that I think he still has bright future. A lot of what he says is really poignant. His concession speech won me over a bit because he wasn't in campaign mode, he was done, so he was speaking a bit from the heart, we got a sense of the real Marco Rubio and I liked what I saw.

If Rubio sticks with it, and shows that he can become fiscally responsible then I'll take another look 4 to 8 years from now.

He was rightly called a robot for how he spoke. When he finally snapped out if that and went on the attack, it was marginally better, but he even went crazy with that.

Not sure he will be fine after this...smaller things have derailed political careers than a guy completely wilting like this against this opposition.

He has the full backing of the party and got destroyed in his own state.

Plus his wifes hot.

Rubio had no real base. He tried to appeal to everyone. It's ironic that he rejected the Republican establishment but they were his only supporters. I watched the concession speech and I didn't think it was anything special. He sounded vague even in that speech. When he talked about immigration it sounded like he was trying to appeal to both sides. The guy was the opposite of Trump in that he was too non-confrontational. Like that Star Trek episode with the two Kirks. Trump is the aggressive diick Kirk while Rubio is the nice wussy Kirk.

He needs to go back to work at the job people actually elected him to do, actually show up for a few years and keep his mouth shut. Resurface later and see what's what.

He needs to go back to work at the job people actually elected him to do, actually show up for a few years and keep his mouth shut. Resurface later and see what's what.

Maybe he was thinking, "Well, it worked for the sitting President." :unsure:

What a colossal toolbag. Cant even win his own state vs a reality TV blowhard who people thought was just a joke candidate. He thought he could play Trumps game with the mud slinging and got owned.

What a colossal toolbag. Cant even win his own state vs a reality TV blowhard who people thought was just a joke candidate. He thought he could play Trumps game with the mud slinging and got owned.

if nothing else, Rubes brought us Drumpf's little sausage fingers :doublethumbsup: