• Warren Sapp
    • Jason Sehorn
    • Charles Woodson
    • Joey Porter
    • Lavar Arrington
    • Jevon Kearse
  3. 3. What the hell...

• They all are!!!!!!!!!

Champ Bailey woulda been on the list but he has come around.

Fred Taylor as well, but 3 of his last 4 seasons have actually been quite good.

feel free to add a few, I'm sure I left many out.

LaVar Arrington has to be in the top three EVAH. What has this guy ever done?

Vick. And it's not even close.

The guy was uber-hyped coming out of college.

He has all sorts of endorsement deals.

He's injury prone.

Has never even had a real good season, let a lone a great one.

and, the ultimate guage of how over-hyped he is....

He's not even the best quarterback on his team.

He's injury prone.

Thank you! There are a couple guys on there (Favre, Keyshawn...) who don't belong on that list, they've at least produced. Vick is horrible, especially considering he's the highest paid player in the league.

He's injury prone.

After seeing Shockley in the preseason game, I think Vick should drop to #3 on the depth chart.

I don't think you can have Favre. He has been over-rated for the past three years, but he was previously the best QB in football.

Vick has been painfully over-rated throughout his career.

I voted Meshawn - terrible, terrible bust. A TO talker without the skill :(

I also voted Sehorn - only really got known because of his hot wife Sehorn :cheers: wife :thumbsup:

I also had to vote for All because that's how the poll works :rolleyes:

I voted Meshawn - terrible, terrible bust. A TO talker without the skill :thumbsup:

744 Receptions for 9756 Yards and 60 TD???? He is 10 times better than any receiver the Eagles have ever had.

I voted Meshawn - terrible, terrible bust. A TO talker without the skill :thumbsup:

I also voted Sehorn - only really got known because of his hot wife Sehorn :mad: wife :banana:

I also had to vote for All because that's how the poll works :mad:

Do you even know Keyshawn's stats? To say he's a "terrible, terrible bust" is retarded.

Do you even know Keyshawn's stats? To say he's a "terrible, terrible bust" is retarded.

If the Eagles had signed him in the off season, D'ohmer would be on here calling the guy a hall of famer. :thumbsup:

He doesn't have the fast, big play ability that everyone (including him) thought he would have, but he has proven himself to be a tough posession receiver with good hands and is willing to go over the middle and take a hit.

If the Eagles had signed him in the off season, D'ohmer would be on here calling the guy a hall of famer. :D

Wow, looky here. The Cowboys homers come out and 'back-up' their hero Meshawn. Face it, Meshawn had a few good years, but is otherwise a complete bust. Especially with the way he mouthed off. Perhaps if he just shut up and sucked he wouldn't be considered a bust, but clearly Meshawn thought he was much better than he really was.

I voted Meshawn - terrible, terrible bust. A TO talker without the skill :D

He may be an overall number one pick who only played like a number 10 overall pick, but he's hardly a bust.

He had a few great years with the Jets, and many more solid years. He's also one of the the top five blocking receivers in the league.

That's like 6TD's a year, right??

bwahahahahahaha :lol: :mad:

Still better than what the Eagles have.

Except my boy Baskett........ :D

I tried to vote for all of them, but you have to vote in all 3 categories to vote. :D

Wow, looky here. The Cowboys homers come out and 'back-up' their hero Meshawn. Face it, Meshawn had a few good years, but is otherwise a complete bust. Especially with the way he mouthed off. Perhaps if he just shut up and sucked he wouldn't be considered a bust, but clearly Meshawn thought he was much better than he really was.

I wouldnt say he sucks. He isnt my hero. My hero is a loud mouth drug addict thank you and he has three rings and a cozy job on ESPN as the worst analyst to ever be on TV.

Still better than what the Eagles have.

Except my boy Baskett........ :D

And Brown :lol:

Keyshawn used to be overhyped, right around the time he went to the Bucs, because he played in New York and he's a self-promoter. These days I think people know exactly what he is: A very good blocker and posession receiver who doesn't have deep speed and won't score many TDs. His career YPR is 13.1. I do think he's an excellent fit for the Panthers and he'll be a great complement to Steve Smith though.

Ryan Leaf.

the all-time drafted qb bust thread is a couple doors down.

and I'd vote for akili smth over leaf anyway

If the Eagles had signed him in the off season, D'ohmer would be on here calling the guy a hall of famer. :clap:

:P

I don't think you can have Favre. He has been over-rated for the past three years, but he was previously the best QB in football.

Since 1997 Favre avrages about 26tds and 20 picks per year, also since 97 he has 11 postseason tds and

16 ints. People act like

if he comes back, Green Bay can make another superbowl run, hell even Favre thinks that. But everyone else can see that they suck.

Every time, and this happens a lot, that he throws away a game on his own, with his own bad decisions, people excuse him as a 'gunslinger'.

sorry no, that's just stupid. And this constant retirement crap and how he puts himself before the team doesn't help. "what are they gonna do, cut me?"

Since 1997 Favre avrages about 26tds and 20 picks per year, also since 97 he has 11 postseason tds and

16 ints. People act like

if he comes back, Green Bay can make another superbowl run, hell even Favre thinks that. But everyone else can see that they suck.

Every time, and this happens a lot, that he throws away a game on his own, with his own bad decisions, people excuse him as a 'gunslinger'.

sorry no, that's just stupid. And this constant retirement crap and how he puts himself before the team doesn't help. "what are they gonna do, cut me?"

Favre always took a lot of chances and, as a result, threw a lot of interceptions.

Now that his skills have started to erode some, his mistakes are magnified, because he's not offsetting his bad plays with as many brilliant ones.

If someone wants to make the case that he plays too careless, and is no longer an upper echelon(sp?) quarterback, that's fine. But the guy is a past MVP, and future hall of famer, and he deserves every bit of that.

If someone wants to make the case that he plays too careless, and is no longer an upper echelon(sp?) quarterback, that's fine. But the guy is a past MVP, and future hall of famer, and he deserves every bit of that.

Yes, I'll agree there. Overrated? No, that's just plain stupid. No longer the best, yes. I'll agree. He still gives Green Bay a better chance to win than Rogers at this point, which is why everyone in the state of Wisconsin wanted him back.

I voted Alstott and Sehorn...Vick yea, i agree, but at least he had one good year and he is still youngish.

Alstott gets the announcers all excited because he is big and white...dude had one game a year where he goes for like 100 yards and 2 td's then is not seen again.

Sehorn was also hyped because #1 he was in New York, #2 he had a hot wife and #3 he was white playing a position where white players were very very rare...thats about it.

Favre doesn't belong on this list at all. He's one of the greatest QB's to ever strap a helmet on, regardless of what happened last year. Superbowl winner, MVP, how in the hell could he be overrated?

Vick and Woodson.

CWood is perhaps the most overhyped player ever-both college and pro. Maybe that OL from Oklahoma in the early 80's or the Raiders QB that ended up being an addict compare.

Woodson is, with highest praise, an average Pro CB. He's been burnt by average WR's more times than a pyromaniac. Not to mention he's a clubhouse cancer. Throwing his teammates and coach under the bus, especially when its his fault. The best move the Raiders made this year was to get rid of this complete loser.

Well if you do a search for lists of overrated NFL players online you see a lot of names like Sehorn, Woodson,

Sapp, Alstott, Keyshawn...and Favre.

some various comments:

It is a catch-22 situation in the fact that without Favre the Packers would have never been in the position to get back to the Super Bowl, but that does not excuse the fact that it has been Favre’s mistakes that have cost them time after time in big games. Favre is one of the “Untouchables” in the sports media. Peter King wants to have his love child and the ESPN crew treats him like the Pope (sans Michael Irvin). He was applauding for interfering in Javon Walker’s contract squabble when all other players who have done the same thing in the past were chastised. In fairness to Favre he does not seek out the attention, but the media coverage of the tragedies in his life often overshadow that other athletes and individuals who deal with these same type of issues everyday.

SI poll: Favre 3rd most overhyped QB behind Vick and Eli

prosportsdaily: Even as a major Packer's fan I'll tell you right now the most overrated player in the league is Brett Favre. And trust me, it's hard saying this. But I mean, he's still really good, puts up great numbers, and is the best leader you'll get, but the main thing that makes him overrated is how little he gets criticized. I mean, if you look at, say, Daunte Culpepper. If he has a bad game one week and throws four interceptions, that's all the bobbleheads announcing the game are gonna talk about the next week. But with Favre, he can throw four interceptions, and the next week it won't really matter to the announcers, or anyone else for that matter.

Granted, someone who has accomplished as much as him has a little more leeway than Culpepper, but you still have to draw a line somewhere, you know?

good stuff

People act like if he comes back, Green Bay can make another superbowl run, hell even Favre thinks that. But everyone else can see that they suck.

this is what Favre said yesterday in Peter King's colum:

I asked Favre: "What do you say to those who would say it's stupid for a guy like you to come back to a rebuilding team?''

"You mean from those people who think the Packers ain't gonna be worth a s---?''

"No,'' I said. "I mean from anyone.'' In other words, how could he say this was the most talented Green Bay team he's been around?

"Well, that's fine,'' he said. "I'm telling you, we're going to be OK. I know people will be surprised if we're 8-8. But who knows? This year may be better, it may not be. And if there comes a point in the season where it's like it was last year, I won't walk away, but I will totally understand if Mike says, 'We're going to look to the future.' That's fine. This thing has to be about our team, not about me.''

nobody has mentioned tim couch....

like leaf and akili, the draft bust thread is thataway------->