Sign in to follow this  
Perennial Contender

Who is your League's Top QB

In my league, Favray is #1, averaging 23 points per game. Brunell is 3, Bledsoe 4, and Eli 7.

I drafted Brett Ferve in the 10th round. Nothing better than having my favorite teams (Vikes, yes I admit it) rival QB on your FFTeam leading all QB's while their real team sits at 1-5 :headbanger:

thank you Brett Faharve :wub:

Anyway, as many already know but some never learn, don't waist an early pick on a QB. If you do your homework you can get a good late every year. Many were writing Faahv off. And nobody saw Brunell or Bledsoe. Some saw Eli's potential but most said not this year.

Oh, also noteworthy is the teams that took the big three/four (Manning,Cpepp,McNabb,Bulger) early are all struggling.

Manning owner is 1-6

CPepp owner is 1-6

McNagg owner is 2-5

Bulger owner is 3-4

Guest Karim Abdul-Jabbar

Palmer is #1 in my league

and i own him

gotta love the 9th round!

I agree, I tend to steer away from taking QBs before the 5th round. I nabbed McNabb in the 5th of a 10team league this year and was glad to do so. I also picked up Brunell, who is top five in my league, off the waiver wire about two weeks ago. Someone took Manning in the first, Culpepper in the 2nd (ouch!), Hasselback in the 3rd (wtf?), etc....

I always stick to position players, mainly RBs, in the early rounds.

Took Vick in the 7th round and thought it was a steal. :ph34r:

I've been rotating Brooks (8th round) and Eli Manning (12th round) and am 5-1.

In another league, I took P. Manning at 1.4 and am 2-5. :rolleyes:

In my league,  Favray is #1, averaging 23 points per game. Brunell is 3, Bledsoe 4, and Eli 7.

I drafted Brett Ferve in the 10th round. Nothing better than having my favorite teams (Vikes, yes I admit it) rival QB on your FFTeam leading all QB's while their real team sits at 1-5 :rolleyes:

thank you Brett Faharve :mad:

Anyway, as many already know but some never learn, don't waist an early pick on a QB. If you do your homework you can get a good late every year. Many were writing Faahv off. And nobody saw Brunell or Bledsoe. Some saw Eli's potential but most said not this year.

Oh, also noteworthy is the teams that took the big three/four (Manning,Cpepp,McNabb,Bulger) early are all struggling.

Manning owner is 1-6

CPepp owner is 1-6

McNagg owner is 2-5

Bulger owner is 3-4

Uh, I got Bulger in the 4th round...that is not too early to take who would be the pts leader among all QBs if not for getting injured. He was leading my league in pts when he went down. I'm 6-1 and he is a big part of that.

Now I don't feel bad for the owner who took Manning #1 overall, that was just silly.

Carson Palmer is #1 in my league by 11pts, with Bledsoe and Favre coming in 2nd and third respectively, split by .1 point.

I drafted Palmer in the 10th round in a 12-team league.

In my league,  Favray is #1, averaging 23 points per game. Brunell is 3, Bledsoe 4, and Eli 7.

I drafted Brett Ferve in the 10th round. Nothing better than having my favorite teams (Vikes, yes I admit it) rival QB on your FFTeam leading all QB's while their real team sits at 1-5 :D

thank you Brett Faharve :lol:

Manning owner is 1-6

CPepp owner is 1-6

McNagg owner is 2-5

Bulger owner is 3-4

Uh, I got Bulger in the 4th round...that is not too early to take who would be the pts leader among all QBs if not for getting injured. He was leading my league in pts when he went down. I'm 6-1 and he is a big part of that.

Now I don't feel bad for the owner who took Manning #1 overall, that was just silly.

I'm happy for ya' :lol:

No way in hell i would draft a QB in the 4th. JMO.

Also depends on league size. If a 14+ teamer then i would re-consider. But 10-12 teamer QB is last thing on mind in the first 5-6 rounds. Not only can you usually find a good one late, the point differential between top QB's is signifigantly less than with RB, WR, & TE's.

This all depends on the year. The two guys that picked Culpepper and Manning early last year dominated my league.

This year, the pick a QB late rule has been very sound.

It all depends on the year............

I drafted Brett Ferve in the 10th round. Nothing better than having my favorite teams (Vikes, yes I admit it) rival QB on your FFTeam leading all QB's while their real team sits at 1-5 :lol:

thank you Brett Faharve :(

Manning owner is 1-6

CPepp owner is 1-6

McNagg owner is 2-5

Bulger owner is 3-4

I'm happy for ya' :sleep:

No way in hell i would draft a QB in the 4th. JMO.

Also depends on league size. If a 14+ teamer then i would re-consider. But 10-12 teamer QB is last thing on mind in the first 5-6 rounds. Not only can you usually find a good one late, the point differential between top QB's is signifigantly less than with RB, WR, & TE's.

You would never take a QB in the 4th round? :cheers: Does your league give like 2 pts for TD passes and 1 pt every 150 yards passing or something?

Bulger was by far the best QB left in my 12 team draft when I picked him in the 4th round, which I have a hard time calling "early". I had already taken my 2 RBs and #1WR, I don't think a #2 WR was more important than the QB I plan to ride the entire season...It's a lot easier to find a #2 WR in rounds 5 on than it is to find a QB you can rely on all year...

I waited to draft a QB this year... and wound up with Plummer. :blink:

:wall:

Don't know exact order but I know all of these guys are up there

Favre

Bledsoe

Brunell

Brady

Palmer

Bulger

All of these guys were drafted way past the so called "Stud" qbs.

Palmer, Carson QB

Favre, Brett QB

Bledsoe, Drew QB

McNabb, Donovan

Brunell, Mark QB

Bulger, Marc QB

Manning, Eli QB

Manning, Peyton QB

Hasselbeck, Matt QB

Brady, Tom QB

Brooks, Aaron QB

Brees, Drew QB SD

Favre

Bledsoe

Brunell

Brady

Palmer

Bulger

Like I said, it depends on the year. Sometimes, the "stud" QBs carry you all season long. But, if you pick the wrong guy or the wrong year to pull an early trigger on a QB, it can get ugly..........

Palmer, Carson QB

Favre, Brett QB

Bledsoe, Drew QB

McNabb, Donovan

Brunell, Mark QB

Bulger, Marc QB

Manning, Eli QB

Manning, Peyton QB

Hasselbeck, Matt QB

Brady, Tom QB

Brooks, Aaron QB

Brees, Drew QB SD

:clap:

But the again the same argument can be made for WRs. Did anybody's cheetsheet look like this? :clap:

Moss, Santana

Smith, Steve

Johnson, Chad

Owens, Terrell

Holt, Torry

Fitzgerald, Larry

Burress, Plaxico

Glenn, Terry

Galloway, Joey

Boldin, Anquan

Harrison, Marvin

McCardell, Keenan

My league's current top 5 QB standings:

Palmer, Carson 229.8 (I'm not sure if he was even drafted)

McNabb, Donovan 218.6 (early 3rd round)

Favre, Brett 213.1 (early 5th round I think)

Bledsoe, Drew 211.1 (Somewhere around 11th or 12 round)

Bulger, Marc 206.8 (late 4th round)

Palmer leads my league as well as many others I see here. I took him with my third pick, technically the 6th round as my league keeps 3.

I did the same thing two years ago when I drafted Hasselbeck. He led the league that year off and on and finished well. I grabbed him late, maybe 7th to 9th round. Of course last year he flew off the board early because of his success the year before and he didn't pan out as he did previously. QB's are a dime a dozen. Let me fill up on RB's that can make a difference. Of course you could always get screwed with a slumping Aaron Brooks or Jake Plummer, who are on again off again all season long.

I'd rather grab RB, RB, RB, WR, WR (not neccessarily in that order) and then look for my QB later. Fill up on skill positons that can really help. Depends on the league scoring format as well, as some award only 4 pts. per TD to QB's. And yardage totals for QB's is usually larger per point than RB's or WR's.

Peyton, Culpepper, Hasselbeck, McNabb, and Collins were all drafted in the first round of my 12-team redraft league. Trent Green and Tom Brady went in the second. I picked Bulger up in the third, where Favre was also drafted.

The leading QBs: Favre, McNabb, Palmer, Bulger. Brunell was a WW pickup, and Eli was a supplemental (19th) round pick.

I didn't realize there would be such an early run on QB's, but getting LT, CJ, Bulger, and Lamont with my first four picks has helped me get off to a 6-1 start. I would have waited 'til the 5th round or later to pick up a QB, but after seeing so many QB's go, I felt I couldn't wait for Bulger/Favre/Palmer to get taken. Turns out I was right.

Our league values QB's so much due to bonus points given for length of TDs.

I drafted Bulger in the sixth round and drafted Palmer in the 12th. Palmer has been a great steal of the draft, too bad I'm 2-5. My second and third round picks killed me with J. Lewis & J. Horn. I was also drafting in the 10 spot out of 10 teams.

:thumbsup:

In my league Palmer is the #1 QB Beldsoe is the #2 in total points. I beleive Palmer went in the 5th and Bledsoe went late or undrafted, don't remember, seemed insignificant at the time..... :ph34r:

Favre actually went for a few dollars more than I would have paid in my league. I guess that we all knew that he would be decent, but I didn't think he was worth the money. I paid 15 transaction points for Brunell 3 weeks ago, off of the waiver wire. He is the highest scorer on my team as of now and I am leading the league overall.

I paid $1 for Griese and $1 for Warner on draft day. They were serviceable, but not great and now both are gone. It could have just as easily been Favre or McNabb out for the season. There are 30 QB's in the league that start every week. It isn't like RB's where only a handful are good or are the only ones in the backfield, you can get a QB anyday of the week to get a few points. And the proclaimed studs that went for tons of money or in the first round aren't getting it done this year.

every year you can get aaron brroks in the 8th round and after and he doenst put up bad fantasy numbers, and a good backup at the least

Favre

Bledsoe

Brunell

Brady

Palmer

Bulger

Like I said, it depends on the year. Sometimes, the "stud" QBs carry you all season long. But, if you pick the wrong guy or the wrong year to pull an early trigger on a QB, it can get ugly..........

Good point

Even though I know that every year is different, I was never a big fan of drafting a qb early since there are many good ones that can be had late in the draft. I usually feel more confident having a stud rb instead of a stud qb.

I waited to draft a QB this year... and wound up with Plummer. :wall:

If you were "cool" like me, you would have drafted Palmer in the 5th round like I did... :P

I waited to draft a QB and got Plummer, and am thrilled about it. 14 team league, and I got LT, Holt, Lamont, Caddie, ROY (oops!), etc. There is not a QB in the league that I'd rather have than my first 4 picks. Also got MAnderson in the 11th and MeMo in the 14th!

It cracks me up when people try to summarize a whole season worth of stats after 7 weeks of action, especially since some teams have only played 6 games.

Let the schedule play itself out. For instance, QBs like Palmer has had a cake schedule 5 out of 7 week!

Let's post this after week #16 when the season is over and we will see if Bledsoe and Brunell for instance are even in the top 10 anymore.

QBs have only played 6 or 7 games to date. Some have had tough schedules and some have had easy schedules. Let the season play out before saying Bledsoe is a top 5 QB :wall:

Guest MUGS

Palmer

Bledsoe

Brunell

Favre

McNabb

Manning, Eli

Bulger

Manning, Peyton

Hasslecr@p

Brady

The top QBs in my league are Daunte Culpepper, Michael Vick, and Peyton Manning - but we award points based on hype and draft position.

Top 7 in our league and where they were drafted:

Favre - 4.2; I picked him off the WW after Week 1

Brunell - undrafted; FA Week 4

McNabb - 2.5

Palmer - 11.7

Rothlisberger - undrafted; FA Week 1

E. Manning - undrafted; FA Week 3

Bledsoe - undrafted; FA Week 1

1.1 in the league was Peyton; that guy is 1-6.

1.2 was LT :(

Culpepper went 1.7

T. Green 3.5, Hasselbeck 3.10

Bulger 5.4, Brady 5.8

All the rest of our QBs went in rounds 10-15.

I drafted Collins 5.9 and traded him after 4 weeks because Favre had great starts in Weeks 3 & 4. Picked up Brunell as bye week fill in, havn't set him down yet.

:o

Lets see...from my teams:

Team 1 (pts league, 4th place)

Drafted Hasselbeck

Traded Hass in pacakge deal for RB depth, acquired Leftwich (preseason)

Traded for Brady (week 6)

Team 2 (6-1)

Drafted Green, Brooks :shocking:

Released Brooks, signed E. Manning (week 4)

Team 3 (6-1)

Drafted Brady, Palmer

Signed Brunell for bye week (week 7)

So one of my 3 teams is starting a QB that it drafted.

In my 14 team/20 round league, I waited til I had my starting RBs and WRs taken care of before finally taking a QB at 6.14... figured after the top 4 or 5 QBs have been taken, I could wait since there isn't much difference, and ended up getting stuck with Carr, Harrington and Garcia, and Orton.. nothing to brag about, but I'm in 2nd place at 5-2, and I have the most overall points, by a lot

the guy that took Manning at 1.5... tied for last at 2-5.

:shocking:

WE HAVE ONLY PLAYED 7 WEEKS!!!!!!

You guys are jumping the gun. And if the guys who drafted QBs early are doing bad it is because they didn't draft good in the other rounds.

You can do worse than having Manning as your first round pick. Besides LT, Alexander and Edge, is there any first round pick living up to their draft position week in and week out?