Sign in to follow this  
DrJ

Blockbuster FF Deal

This trade was just pulled in an FFToday League. Standard scoring, lineups are 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

I get:

Larry Fitzgerald

I give:

Thomas Jones

Braylon Edwards

1.05 pick in 2006

Derrick Mason

Muhsin Muhammad

I really, really wanted Fitz. So how bad did I get jacked in the process?

This trade was just pulled in an FFToday League. Standard scoring, lineups are 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

I get:

Larry Fitzgerald

I give:

Thomas Jones

Braylon Edwards

1.05 pick in 2006

Derrick Mason

Muhsin Muhammad

:wacko:

Wow, you must LOVE Fitzgerald. Sounds like alot to give up, but you got a heckofa player, so dont sweat it. He's on your team now....there's no turning back .

I didn't mention, but I guess people can assume by a deal like this going through in March, this is dynasty.

This has to be a joke, no one can possibly be this stupid.

Nope, entirely serious. My rationale behind the deal is that I wanted Fitz, if I could pick any WR in the dynasty format, it would be him. He's 22.5. In his second season, he put up 1300 yards and 9 TD's. I believe you're looking at the next Torry Holt type, a guy that will be top 5 for the next decade practically. And this guy simply would not trade him for anything less - I've been trying for a month now. In fact I was the one that made the offer, and it took him 2 days of mulling to accept. You all know him, it was Miller, so you can congratulate him on raping me if you like. :banana:

None of the pieces would start for my team, I could afford to make the move, so I said screw it and did.

So really, how bad was it? :wub:

How many teams and what does the rest of your roster look like?

You're dumb for making this deal, he is even dumber for mulling it over for 2 days.

Especially since the Cards just added James...Boldin/James/Fitz...there is only so many balls to go around.

You dealt Braylon Edwards who could develop into a stud himself and looked very good when he played last year, two solid veteran receivers, a top 10 starting RB and a first round rookie pick. Depth is key in fantasy football, I can't see this helping your team THAT much.

12 team league. My team after the trade:

QB: Roeth, Simms, Grossman, Schaub

RB: McGahee, R Brown, 1.01 (R Bush), K Jones/Pinner, C Benson/Peterson

WR: Fitzgerald, C Chambers, ROY Williams

The way I see it, Fitz gives me the bonafide stud that I need at WR right now. And for about the next 5+ years. I like Braylon a lot, and he was the piece I tried to keep out of this the most, but given the ACL I consider him a huge risk in comparison to Fitzgerald.

I do think this could backfire on me, and it took me a while to be comfortable with it. But I got the guy that I wanted, the sure thing, and gave up a lot of really really good maybes. And the biggest thing for me was that I didn't have to give up any of my "big 5" RB's, anyone else that was willing to part with a stud WR wanted one of those guys and was unwilling to consider anything else. And all of those guys have a number of years on Fitz - Moss is almost 7 years older. Chad Johnson is 5 1/2 years older. The Holt owner never responds anyways, but even if he did he's over 7 years older.

I pretty much figured I'd get blasted, just wondering if there's anyone out there besides myself that sees any logic in this.

I also am not concerned in the slightest about Edge. I don't think the ability to convert a 3rd and 1 will have an adverse effect on Fitz's #'s.

you did fine. you got the player that you wanted, and you really didn't shake up your starting lineup at all. although I think you could have gotten him for less

Guest Mr.T

You gave up a lot but you had the depth to do so. Good move.

The 1.05 might end up hurting you. the rest of that seem like complementary pieces to a team. You can replace a Thomas Jones and a Braylon Edwards, and who cares about Derrick Mason and Muhsin? Fitz is a special player, but that 1.05 on top of T.J. and Edwards might be tough with the runingback and qb depth of this draft.

Well I was on the other side of this one. I can afford to loose Fitz as I still have CJ & S. Smith. However, it was hard to pull the trigger on the deal as I really like Fitz a lot, but in the end there were just too many prices there that could help me out not to do it. I need youth at RB, so the 1.5 should help me out some there and i believe Edwards will be STUd with in a couple years. I also really like depth, and now I have a ton of it:

Palmer/T. Green/Kitna/McNair

Rudi/Dillon/Taylor/T. Jones/1.5

CJ/S. Smith/Edwards/Mason/Horn/Mushy

So while I hate to lose Fitz, I love the amout I was able to get for him, I always say...Everyone has a price!

And for the record, I didn't mull over it for 2 days, it was proposed last night and he had an answer today, so just one day! :lol:

Guest Mr.T

This is one of those rare deals where both owners got a good deal.

This is one of those rare deals where both owners got a good deal.

I would have to agree, both were able to accomplish what they wanted to accomplish, and get player(s) they feel will help them out.

Plus, with the Edge now sunning himself in AZ, thats gonna make Fitz all that much more dangerous..

:P

It's not the block-buster that you think it is in IMHO.

First, I always believe in trading a mess of BU's for a stud. That said:

I am not sure Fitz is a stud. Boldin is on the other side.

TJ is at best a RB3 and more likely this year a RB4. Berz are not going to invest all that $ in Benson and not play him and they don't score much anyway. Not sure who he will be playing for next year. He is talented but just never seems to get any love wherever he goes.

Mason is a good WR but not much more than a FF WR3.

Muhsin is barely worth a roster spot in a 10 team league.

Edwards is the wild card. He could be just as productive as Fitz.

Bottom line, it's Fitz for Edwards. Nod goes to Fitz. But, I think this is a very even trade as it's potential vs potential.

As a Commish, I would just yawn at this one. :thumbsdown: Just wanted to use a smiley.

Good luck to both.

It's not the block-buster that you think it is in IMHO.

First, I always believe in trading a mess of BU's for a stud. That said:

I am not sure Fitz is a stud. Boldin is on the other side.

TJ is at best a RB3 and more likely this year a RB4. Berz are not going to invest all that $ in Benson and not play him and they don't score much anyway. Not sure who he will be playing for next year. He is talented but just never seems to get any love wherever he goes.

Mason is a good WR but not much more than a FF WR3.

Muhsin is barely worth a roster spot in a 10 team league.

Edwards is the wild card. He could be just as productive as Fitz.

Bottom line, it's Fitz for Edwards. Nod goes to Fitz. But, I think this is a very even trade as it's potential vs potential.

As a Commish, I would just yawn at this one. :banana: Just wanted to use a smiley.

Good luck to both.

ummmm you kinda forgot about the 1.5 rookie pick, kinda important in the deal I would think.

HTH

Guest stevejohnson

Actually he gave up a bunch of decent players to get one great one. The loss of the 1st round draft pick may hurt but it's not as bad as in first looks....

DrJacked?

Nope, entirely serious. My rationale behind the deal is that I wanted Fitz, if I could pick any WR in the dynasty format, it would be him. He's 22.5. In his second season, he put up 1300 yards and 9 TD's. I believe you're looking at the next Torry Holt type, a guy that will be top 5 for the next decade practically. And this guy simply would not trade him for anything less - I've been trying for a month now. In fact I was the one that made the offer, and it took him 2 days of mulling to accept. You all know him, it was Miller, so you can congratulate him on raping me if you like. :)

None of the pieces would start for my team, I could afford to make the move, so I said screw it and did.

So really, how bad was it? :D

if you gave up depth to get fitz.. then it will be all good.

but i should warn you.. i dont think the 50 pass attempts per week is going to continue with ariz, since they have edge now.... but you never know.. :banana:

I have Fitz in 3 dynasty leagues and I've fielded a number of requests for him. The trade talks usually don't get very far because I pretty much know the person offering is not going to give up what I would need to trade him. In fact, I'm not even sure what I would accept at this point.

In the league where my team could use the most help, its a deep league (16 teams, 11 offensive starters) and I already have a full roster with lots of average to above average starters like Mush, Housh, Curtis, T Jones, etc. In that case I could not really accept a deal similar to this because I wouldn't have room to fit all the players coming back.

As you say DrJ, he is arguably the #1 dynasty receiver. Unless someone is going to give a top RB or your team is otherwise seriously lacking in decent starters/depth at a few positions, he is pretty much untradeable, IMHO.