Seton Hall 66

Here's another:

Wisconsin-Milwaukee 82

Oklahoma 74

And another:

Pacific 65

Boston College 65

Headed to overtime.......

Packer and CBS were SO sure that teams from mid-major conferences would embarass themselves against the "big boys". Packer: "I haven't seen any Missouri Valley teams play, but I KNOW they're not as good as anybody from the ACC, Big East, or Big Ten.

Well, Billy.....shut up, you balding, big-mouthed idiot.

Here's a score for you, Billy:

Wichita State 86

Seton Hall 66

Here's another:

Wisconsin-Milwaukee 82

Oklahoma 74

And another:

Pacific 65

Boston College 65

Headed to overtime.......

Packer and CBS were SO sure that teams from mid-major conferences would embarass themselves against the "big boys". Packer: "I haven't seen any Missouri Valley teams play, but I KNOW they're not as good as anybody from the ACC, Big East, or Big Ten.

Not only do I have no intention of :reporting: you, I need to give you a high five. :thumbsup:

I don't think Packer was against Wichita St. (one of the best Mid-Majors and a 7 seed), and UW-Milawkee as much as the likes of Airforce, Bradley, and George Mason. But I see your point.

Billy Packer has been insufferable for years. When he was teamed with Enberg and Al McGuire, he was tolerable because the other two dominated the broadcast. As much of a blowhard as McGuire used to be, he at least knew the game inside and out. All I ever hear from Packer is criticism of players etc...

It's good to see teams from mid-majors have success instead of a team from apower conference with 17 or 18 wins, that's the American way, the little guy deserves an equal chance to succeed.

By the way, how you doing Fumble?

Billy Packer has been insufferable for years. When he was teamed with Enberg and Al McGuire, he was tolerable because the other two dominated the broadcast. As much of a blowhard as McGuire used to be, he at least knew the game inside and out. All I ever hear from Packer is criticism of players etc...

It's good to see teams from mid-majors have success instead of a team from apower conference with 17 or 18 wins, that's the American way, the little guy deserves an equal chance to succeed.

By the way, how you doing Fumble?

Doing great, paul....thanks for asking.

Just enjoying March Madness.....I love the first two days of the tournament. :thumbsup:

I don't think Packer was against Wichita St. (one of the best Mid-Majors and a 7 seed), and UW-Milawkee as much as the likes of Airforce, Bradley, and George Mason. But I see your point.

Packer and CBS ripped the Missouri Valley conference to no end on Sunday night. In fact, they ripped mid-majordom in general and did so with an elitism and smugness that made me want to throw up.

Like a lot of people, I thought the MVC deserved 5 teams in the field of 65, not just four. I enjoyed watching one of the MVC's better team beat up a Big East team earlier today.

Packer will have an excuse, though......

Must we have the crassness and insults? :thumbsup:

Must we have the crassness and insults? :thumbsup:

I would hope that I would never direct that sort of thing towards anyone here. :(

Billy Packer just gets my disdain going full speed.........

I would hope that I would never direct that sort of thing towards anyone here. :thumbsup:

Billy Packer just gets my disdain going full speed.........

I'm just fu.. messing with you fumble.

I'm just fu.. messing with you fumble.

I know. :banana:

Just trying to explain my somewhat out-of-character rant.........

one of my favorite packer moments was when he ripped apart st. joes, saying that they pretty much suck and dont deserve a #1 seed. the the st. joes coach came out and told him to "kiss his ass"

a week later st. joes pounded on his precious wake forest squad (his alma mater) and went within 1 buzzer beater from reaching the final 4

Amazing, just amazing

How is it that someone named Fumbleweed posted the same exact thing on FBGs?

The odds must be astronomical

:wub:

Hey, I'm an equal opportunity ranter. :thumbsup:

Jim Nantz was crying all over his Men's Wharehouse suit right along with packer. Save some disdain for him.

one of my favorite packer moments was when he ripped apart st. joes, saying that they pretty much suck and dont deserve a #1 seed. the the st. joes coach came out and told him to "kiss his ass"

a week later st. joes pounded on his precious wake forest squad (his alma mater) and went within 1 buzzer beater from reaching the final 4

Damn John Lucas! B) :banana: :wall:

:cry: :cry:

Refresh my memory. I thought Billy Packer got the best of this feud, no? Didn't St Joes coach call out Packer during the seeding special about never playing in the tourny or championship. Then Packer replied that he actually had, and made the guy look pretty dumb. That's somewhat how I remembered it.

Refresh my memory. I thought Billy Packer got the best of this feud, no? Didn't St Joes coach call out Packer during the seeding special about never playing in the tourny or championship. Then Packer replied that he actually had, and made the guy look pretty dumb. That's somewhat how I remembered it.

And then St. Joes didn't exactly hold up that #1 seed did they.

I just wish Packer would have layed into the Big East. Alot of team with decent records, but not very strong after the top 3.

And then St. Joes didn't exactly hold up that #1 seed did they.

I just wish Packer would have layed into the Big East. Alot of team with decent records, but not very strong after the top 3.

dude, they missed the final 4 by a last second 3 pointer. i'd say that they pretty much proved worthy of their number one seed that year, which packer pretty much cried about that they didnt.

I've heard a lot about the crap argument that big schools should get picked over the mids because

history shows that the bigs do better.

of course 1. that was history :blink:

and 2. bigs have less scholarships, younger kids, mid teams stay together longer, mids are better known now...times they are a changin

I've heard a lot about the crap argument that big schools should get picked over the mids because

history shows that the bigs do better.

of course 1. that was history :blink:

and 2. bigs have less scholarships, younger kids, mid teams stay together longer, mids are better known now...times they are a changin

No question. What really needs to happen (and won't) is the NCAA needs to have a hand in non-conference scheduling in order to make it even. Then strength of conference will truly mean something.

i'd trust nazis, congress, UN and mlb players union before I'd trust the NCAA with anything :lol:

i'd trust nazis, congress, UN and mlb players union before I'd trust the NCAA with anything :first:

Excellent post! Budweiser shot out my nose on this one...... :o

Lets see...

George Mason over MSU

Wichita St over Seton Hall

Bradley over Kansas

Bucknell over Arkansas

Wisconsin-Milwaukee over Oklahoma

etc, etc, etc

Hey Pecker and Nutz, looks like those teams that aren't anywhere near as good as the power conference's middle tier just cleaned house. What are the odds either of these tools brings the subject up again in the next 2 weeks?

Excellent post! Budweiser shot out my nose on this one...... :doublethumbsup:

and you weren't even drinking. :cry: crazy

Nantz and Packer are doing some high quality backpedaling saying "a lot of people" were questioning the committee's selections.

Nantz and Packer are doing some high quality backpedaling saying "a lot of people" were questioning the committee's selections.

HAHAHA!

After round 2 these guys will be claiming they called the mid-major explosion.

George Mason vs Wichita St.

Nantz: "Good for the little guy making his presence felt"

Yeah, the little guy you didnt want to be in the tournament, assclown.

It was a stupid argument to begin with. Nantz kept saying, "If you look at history the major conferences always do better." Of course they do better when there are 4 times as many major conference schools and all the smaller conferences are double digit seeds.

It was a stupid argument to begin with. Nantz kept saying, "If you look at history the major conferences always do better." Of course they do better when there are 4 times as many major conference schools and all the smaller conferences are double digit seeds.

Amen.

Nantz and Packer embarrassed themselves royally last weekend by talking out of their butts. They had no idea what they were talking about.....they were spouting off uneducated drivel and now they're left to try to save face.

I for one am not going to forget their pompous elitist BS about the "big schools". This tournament (even though my beloved Wildcats lost today) has been most enjoyable because the blabbermouths at CBS are getting to see what most of us who actually follow basketball have known for years: There is very little difference on a neutral court between major and mid-major powers and more "mid-major" teams deserve inclusion in the tournament because they're just as good or better than all but the very elite major teams.

By Packer's logic UCLA should be the #1 overall seed every year since history shows they are most likely to win a NCAA title.

I know I've been rooting for the MVC ever since watching that nonsense.

On the other hand, Air Force getting in was crap and they called it.

Air Force didn't deserve to go. No wins against any top 50 teams is pretty telling.

But Seton Hall didn't deserve to go, either.

Cincy and Creighton should have been in before those teams.